How Is Viasat Going to Find New Residential Customers?

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Acknowledged
I googled "Viasat Reviews" out of curiosity. I was blown away by the almost unanimous negativity on the internet.  Almost 100% one star out of five star reviews.
Viasat, you have defecated in your own nest. I do not know how you will recover from your treatment of residential customers. If Viasat's business plan is to phase out residential customers, then you are achieving your goal.

By the way, I am happy with the service that I get from Viasat, but I do not even try to stream. Satellite internet never was meant for streaming.
This may actually be good news for people like me. It appears beam congestion is destined to go down as residential customers shed Viasat. Unless Viasat's long term plan is to pull the plug on all residential customers. Then what? Most of us have no alternative.
Photo of John Postizzi

John Postizzi

• 34 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
There is always Hughes Net I suppose, also wireless technology and networks are expending with cell phone companies. After 7 years of suffering with VIASAT luckily Verizon improved service in my area for wireless enough for to use them. Even though cell service isn't the greatest the wireless internet is usable.
Photo of Ben Jumper

Ben Jumper

• 23 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I left Hughes Net after being treated like dirt and being saddled with modem speeds after a fiend was on You Tube for just one evening.

That has NEVER happened with ViaSat even on the cheapest tier.

My wife is on YT several hours EVERY DAY! WE have also streamed on several Roku channels with very little buffering except in the usual super busy times in the evening and on weekends,

It is VERY usable and I am VERY HAPPY!
(Edited)
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 436 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
Well for starters ,satisfied customers like myself recruit new customers for Viasat by sharing my positive experiences over the last 5 years. And lastly bad news travels way faster then good news. For every negative review you see there are 10’s of thousands of satisfied customers. And many of the bad reviews are from either ignorant or misinformed users.
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 641 Posts
  • 241 Reply Likes
I am glad you are satisfied with your service.  How satisfied would you be if Viasat unilaterally changed the terms of your service and made it nearly unusable for 6 to 8 hrs a day,  even when you are supposed to have many GBs of prime data left for the month? 
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
If you want to call people ignorant you might look in the mirror first. You are stating that only one out of 10,000 customers of VIASAT is unhappy. No business in the world has close to a 99.99% customer satisfaction rate. The satisfaction of satellite internet provider customers is one of the worst of any business. The opposite of unsatisfied customer ignorance is true. The ignorant ones are the satisfied customers who think they are more than just lucky to be sitting in rare prime locations.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 436 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
@michael , I’ve had the terms changed on many services I use. There’s usually little you can do about it. At least with Viasat if you swirch to Liberty 50 your speeds will be restored. Or you can switch to HughesNet with a full release from your contract. It could have been much worse.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 436 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
@Al All my friends and family are satisfied with Viasat. Across many different beams and satellites. Maybe the ratio of 1 to 10,000 was dramatic, but watching this board many many complaints are from ignorance. Flat out. Not all but many are.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
If most your friends and family are in the same area, who is the ignorant one again? I doubt your friends and family are scattered about the country if they all are on satellite. Stop being a condescending jerk.
(Edited)
Photo of LorrieL

LorrieL, Champion

• 647 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes
Al, I think you are overreacting.  there is a lot of ignorance about the differences between what satellite can/will provide vs. other types of internet technology.  You may not be ignorant, but some people are.  How exactly were the terms of your viasat plan changed, btw?
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
Lorrie, My VIASAT plan was not changed, it was just garbage from the word go. It never worked right, up to a dozen drop outs a day, even when the weather was nice. Speeds often below 600kps which here made it unusable. I think I went over data 2 times in 7 years. I did a modem exchange and put in new cabling myself, did no good. Had techs out 3 times, still atrocious. from my research on satellite I thought it would be ok for my minimalist needs. I just wanted to use e-mail for business, online shop for business supplies, and download drawing files to bid on machine work. VIASAT made that hell. It made me yearn for late 1990's dial up that was 786kps back when in lived in SoCal. Fortunately wireless internet through Verizon improved enough to be usable here. I probably suffered with VIASAT longer than necessary as I tried AT&T wireless 5 years ago and didn't try again till 5 months ago with Verizon wireless. I incorrectly assumed since my cell service even got worse since moving here no way the wireless internet would be usable. Since Verizon gave me a no risk 14 day trial, I gave it a shot.

Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
Also, Lorrie have you noticed how many "champions" have turned on VIASAT lately?
Photo of LorrieL

LorrieL, Champion

• 647 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes
I can certainly see why you are critical based on your experience! Did you wind up with any idea of what exactly was the problem?  I switched to viasat from hughes a number of yrs ago.  Initially had good speeds but within 6 months that all changed--apparently due to overselling of viasat plans in my area; a significant congestion problem developed and my speeds dropped a great deal.  However, as long as my speeds stay between 1-5 mbps, I can pretty much do what I want, and I use up my small gb allowance plan more slowly with slower speeds.  For whatever reasons, I am now again getting much higher speeds without congestion problems even during prime times...and am using up my data faster.  I learned many years ago that I am a happier more reasonable person if I lower my expectations, which is why I emphasize the value of understanding the differences between what satellite does and can offer vs other technologies.  Did the overselling/congestion bother me?  yeah, but not all that much.  Funny thing was, that I didn't even notice my speeds got faster until I noticed I was using up my data allowance for some reason, which was not usual for me.  I think that viasat is now offering "unlimited" plans in my area, for significantly more money per month than the little old exede plan I still have...am debating...I have the exede 12 plan which is 10 gb per month and unlimited use between 12-5a...I am a night owl and can do lots of streaming after mn.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2180 Reply Likes
" It made me yearn for late 1990's dial up that was 786kps back when in lived in SoCal." 
Did someone say ignorant?
(Edited)
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
I meant DSL, my mistake. I know dial up was 56kps.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
If I had 1-5mbs consistently I would have been happy. I rarely saw those numbers. I think I was just in a bad spot + oversold in the area. Central Virginia notorious for poor service I think people say beam 329. i never expected much and I did my research, at the time most of the complainers found on Google were gamers and people using lots of data. I figured I wouldn't have their problems.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 436 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
LOL, central Va is where I have satellite service at my other house. I run a little under 70 mBPs. I’m not ignorant.
(Edited)
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 436 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
And another.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes

Enjoy your Viasat-2 high-density beam plan paying over $150/month!  For that money I am glad you are getting what you pay for.
(Edited)
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 436 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
Viasat 1 worked great in central va as well. Had both simultaneously for a while.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
Where at in Central VA it is a big place? I am in north Beaverdam. I am sure Central Va has sweet spots, but most are not.
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
I have never had Viasat-1 work great. Satisfactory. Yes. But on many nights it was no better than Wildblue. Loved the free zone though. Now a thing of the past, and alas, no Liberty is available at my location. If I could move to Liberty, I "might" switch. But I won't switch to some crappy "unlimited" plan that throttles my video resolution. While I know there are ways to bypass that too, I am just tired I guess of coming up with creative ways to make Viasat functional for my needs.
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 436 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
@Al The very heart of Central Virginia. Just north of Buckingham in Nelson County.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2031 Posts
  • 1234 Reply Likes
And many of the bad reviews are from either ignorant or misinformed users.
What's ignorant is assuming that many of those who haven't had the same experience as you are either ignorant or misinformed users.  
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
Buckingham looks like 60+ miles from me as the crow flies, you might not even be on the same beam as me. Pretty sure that distance could make a big difference.
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 316 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Nathan you state that you can just switch to 50 with Viasat or just got to Hughes but have to sign contract you see those of us that are out of contract DO have to resign another two year contract with Viasat if we switch to Viasat 2 plans and they are not taking anyone on the old sat/
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 436 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
@Gabeu. You full well know that a very large amount of complaints come from people who failed to do their due diligence. Or read their contracts. Or monitor their usage. Your the last person I’d expect to explain this to.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
Nathan, I don't know how you define "due diligence". I believe a lot of people were duped. Especially if you read up on the throttling guidelines. In my 7 years of VIASAT hell I was throttled twice and just on the last day of the billing cycle. The already horrid service would not work at all, it would timeout getting to my MSN home page like dial up with a damaged phone line.

Unfortunately for me at the time I moved here I did my "due diligence" yet at the time all complaints on satellite internet service were flooded with gamers and heavy users who went over data limits and had to buy extra data. Since I had minimal needs I figured I would be ok, boy was I wrong. If I really needed to use the internet during long outages I used the public library. In 2011 I believe I got my first library card in 30 years.

Fortunately for people considering satellite internet people who did their "due diligence" and still did not have minimalist needs met by VIASAT are complaining with a vengeance these days. If I can save one poor SOB from throwing away $360 they can't afford on a bad product I have done a good deed.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2031 Posts
  • 1234 Reply Likes
You full well know that a very large amount of complaints come from people who failed to do their due diligence. Or read their contracts. Or monitor their usage. 
Genuine issues have nothing to do with reading a contract or monitoring data usage.  Nor does a contract mean it's okay for a sales rep to tell a perspective customer what they want to hear in order to get the sale.  

Just for clarity, I'm not saying all sales reps do this.  
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
All people hear is "unlimited" data.  Then they think they can cut their satellite TV, and whatever else.  Why not, there is no data cap anymore. 

The reality is the data cap is very, very small.  Download a game, over your cap.  What 10 hours of HD TV.  Over your cap.  Then once over the cap you can't do much of anything. 

Viasat isn't the first ISP to say they off "unlimited" data, and it won't be the last.  It is an industry wide problem.  Isn't Verizon "unlimited" like 14GB/month?  Shameful how companies advertise their product as one thing when in reality it is another.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
When I went over and got throttled with Verizon (I have a 15 GB plan) it was still usable for low resolution video and internet radio and websites functioned normally. With VIASAT the throttling produced constant page timeouts, just loading text it acted like I wasn't even connected.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
My Verizon wireless plan says I should get 720p video, but I get 1080p. My streaming rates are better than Viasat on a good day. While I never used the video resolution downgrader, it is not an exact science.

If you advertise a product as "unlimited", IMHO at least provide streaming, even if at standard def.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
To get streaming without buffering when I went over my data limit on Verizion I had to turn it down to 480p or less.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
But did you have a prepaid unlimited plan. There is a difference.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
It is on my Verizon bill with my cell service, you pay a month in advance. Is that what you mean by "prepaid."? Been a Verizon customer for over 15 years. It is called "Unlimited" but is throttled up to 600kps (I usually get 500kps+) after 15gb.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Nope. Not what I mean. Verizon prepaid is something completely different and will not be bundled with your phone unless it too is prepaid.
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 436 Reply Likes
The Verizon Prepaid Unlimited Plan most folks are talking about here is a very specific one and can be found at:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid

under Tablet and Jetpack plans ($65 monthly with autopay) - it isn't throttled upon reaching any arbitrary data limit but is subject to prioritization due to congestion at any time (read the details).

Michael McDowell

• 641 Posts
  • 241 Reply Likes
Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom!
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
So I am not "prepaid", what do you call my plan? Trying to understand all these plans and the proper nomenclature gives me a headache. I am in my late 50's and have only used technology when it was absolutely necessary. If I didn't become self employed in 1995, I definitely would not bought my first cell phone and logged on the internet that year and would have waited till years later.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Do a search on "Verizon Prepaid". It will pop up with a site that list prepaid cell phone plans, tablet plans, etc.

I had a bit of a time wrapping my head around it too, but I am thinking of moving my cell phone to a prepaid plan too. It is different than what plans you normally get at the store.
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 316 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
I am on this true unlimited plan and it is truely unlimited. I am racking up all kinds of streaming and downloading Xbox One X games most are around 11 gb and bigger. Only thing I am using on Viasat is my security cameras since I got the jetpack the low latency makes a LOAD of difference in speed 
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
11GB? That is small! 50GB+ for most PC games.

Surprised you still have Viasat. I have had mine turned off since early March. I do not anticipate turning it on again and plan on cancelling it.

And you are correct about the latency. Noticable difference indeed.

Michael McDowell

• 641 Posts
  • 241 Reply Likes
My biggest concern is whether the JetPack will continue to be a viable solution over the long term.  I have most of my home systems switched over to it and it is working great, so far.  I think I will keep Viasat as a backup for a while.  But will probably drop back to the lowest plan available , the Liberty 12 Mbps 12 GB, with the 3-6 am Free zone.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
I agree with those concerns. But I don't have the luxury of buying a $50 Liberty plan because it is not offered in my area. So I am dropping Viasat. If I need a backup, I can get a $50 Hughesnet plan that gives me 10GB plus 50GB of data overnight.

It didn't have to be this way, but Viasat is the one who changed how my plan works, so I will execute my right to take my business elsewhere.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
Some people had said the Verizon service could decline when the trees leaf out, since I have only had it 5 months I have no idea if that is a threat or not. Most my speeds run in the same 8-12 Mbs window regardless of time of day or day of week.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
I do agree that residential satellite internet is a mature market. Take a look at the reviews and it is very sobering.
Photo of Ben Jumper

Ben Jumper

• 23 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hughes Net probably has MORE bad reviews because they filled up both satellites YEARS ago but still advertise A LOT on TV! Now can THEY do that in goo conscious?
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1873 Posts
  • 1162 Reply Likes
The ES19 didn't go live until March 2017, and it's not "filled up" as of yet.  As well, the ES17 only serves 1/2 of the country, and it's not "filled up" as of yet, either.  A heavily loaded beam does not mean a "filled up" satellite.  And, really, "filled up" is a subjective term when it comes to system capacity and the users on a system.  If you're going by delivering advertised speeds to everyone, neither Hughes, nor ViaSat, would be a viable company, as no one is going to pay upwards of a thousand dollars for service in order to keep them such.  
(Edited)
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 106 Reply Likes
Wow, Unlimited Silver is now available in my area. In an area where many can barely get 1 Mbs you can now pay $150 for up to 25 Mbs instead of up to 12 Mbs for $50-$100. That is awesome! Nothing is better than finding ways to spend more money with Viasat and get the same lousy service you had for less.
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
I can get the weird "unlimited" Gold 30Mbps with 100GB of priority. Not bad. But they want to charge me north of $150 for it and I refuse to pay the same amount of money others pay for 50Mbps.

Of the many things that irritate me about Viasat, the variable pricing structure is right up there. Pay the same or more, get less!
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1873 Posts
  • 1162 Reply Likes
That's the same plan I can get.  $100 for the first three months, then $150 after that.  No thanks.  
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Nationwide set pricing for plans would be a good start. And don't give that stupid argument about gas costing different across the country. We are talking about a service here that cost the same to deliver whether I am in Texas or Indiana or New York. When I would have to pay $150+ for this Gold plan and my neighbor ONE MILE to my east has to pay the same amount of money for even less features, try explaining that one.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 106 Reply Likes
Quite a few companies in this day and age seem to go overboard trying to slowly squeeze every last dime out of a customer, seemingly unconcerned with the risk of how many they may alienate. There are probably Viasat executives in their situation room discussing strategy 24-7. They are basing what they charge and quality of service on what other options customers have in an area.
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 314 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
yea that $150 is before the equipment rental why would I want to switch to only getting 100gb for $30 MORE then what I am getting 150GB for??? That would be stupid on my part the speed means NOTHING cause we know that is just all a scam now.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
VIASAT does the same thing here, my area is way over sold and congested yet their fraudulent ads are all over TV and their signs all over the roadside. Very aggressive advertising here.
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 316 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
yeah signs along the road here says 100mbps internet the up too part you would have to get out and be a foot from the sign to see that part LOL 
Photo of LorrieL

LorrieL, Champion

• 647 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes
It really only makes sense to me to compare like technologies to each other. Meaning I can only get satellite internet where I live, so I compare what I actually can get, namely viasat vs. hughes net.  At least viasat uses the precise words "up to" when claiming max speeds up and down, whereas hughes claims they provide 25 mps download without the words "up to", so that is a lie.  Satellite internet is inferior to other types, but other types I can't get, so what would be the point in comparing to those?  

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Show me where Hughesnet doesn't say "up to". And of course unlimited isn't really unlimited.
Photo of LorrieL

LorrieL, Champion

• 647 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes
seriously?  here:  "25 Mbps

HughesNet uses satellite technology to give you a super-fast, always-on Internet connection and is available everywhere, even in areas with slow or no high-speed options. Faster Speeds: HughesNet Gen5 is faster than ever, with download speeds of 25 Mbps and upload speeds of 3 Mbps on every plan.

Frequently Asked Questions | HughesNet® Gen5

https://www.hughesnet.com/frequently-asked-questions"
Photo of LorrieL

LorrieL, Champion

• 647 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes
for comparison in terms of accuracy/truthfulness, here is viasat/exede:  Note the "up to".

"Viasat Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT) will launch ExedeSM by Viasat high-speed Internet service on January 16, offering speeds up to 12 Mbps (megabits per second) downstream and up to 3 Mbps upstream beginning at $50 per month.

Announcing Exede(sm) by Viasat 12 Mbps High-Speed Broadband ...

https://www.viasat.com/.../announcing-exedesm-viasat-12-mbps-high-speed-broadband-...

Viasat Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT) will launch ExedeSM by Viasat high-speed Internet service on January 16, offering speeds up to 12 Mbps (megabits per second) downstream and up to 3 Mbps upstream beginning at $50 per month.

Announcing Exede(sm) by Viasat 12 Mbps High-Speed Broadband ..."

https://www.viasat.com/.../announcing-exedesm-viasat-12-mbps-high-speed-broadband-...
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
You left out the "double asterick" Hughesnet has on their ads. Lol.

While I certainly am not a proponent of Hughesnet either, I believe you have a better chance of getting 25Mbps on their Gen5 than in many area where Viasat is offered. 2 miles to my east the highest Viasat plan is 12Mbps.
Photo of LorrieL

LorrieL, Champion

• 647 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes
No, I copied it exactly as I found it on google. No "double asterisk".  And the issue I was discussing was truth in advertising, not the speed.  I value precise truth.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes

Right from the main Hughesnet website...

**The HughesNet Gen5 service plans are designed to deliver download speeds of 25 Mbps and upload speeds of 3 Mbps, but individual customers may experience different speeds at different times of the day. Speeds and uninterrupted use are not guaranteed and may vary based on a variety of factors including: the configuration of your computer, the number of concurrent
users, network or Internet congestion, the capabilities and content of the websites you are accessing, network management practices as deemed necessary, and other factors.

If you value precise truth, how do you explain the "unlimited" plans?
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2017 Posts
  • 1231 Reply Likes
Show me where Hughesnet doesn't say "up to".
They've changed it recently, though the fine print does give the realities, just like with ViaSat.  
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2017 Posts
  • 1231 Reply Likes
Show me where Hughesnet doesn't say "up to".
They've changed it recently, though the fine print does give the realities, just like with ViaSat.  
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2017 Posts
  • 1231 Reply Likes
Great.  It's double post day!  
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1160 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
@Vet...."And of course unlimited isn't really unlimited."

"WorldNet popularized all-you-can-eat flatrate monthly pricing for Internet access..."

Hence, "unlimited" is a relative concept, and has been stated as "all-you-can-eat."  It's a connotation in context, not a denotation since they further state "speeds upto," which defines the boundaries of this specious concept.

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Huh?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3460 Posts
  • 1296 Reply Likes
I think Gabe is saying it's double post day ;) 
Photo of Casual Observer

Casual Observer

• 422 Posts
  • 436 Reply Likes
I think VeteranSatUser is saying he misses the old forum.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Most ISP's have bad reviews. Spectrum, Verizon, etc. you name it. Now if you look at Hughesnet and Viasat, they are even worse.
Photo of LorrieL

LorrieL, Champion

• 647 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes
they are worse because satellite internet technology is worse.  People tend to only choose satellite if they have no other options.  Like me.  So, I don't compare satellite to verizon, because I can't have  verizon.  I judge satellite by what it is capable of and what the norms are.  Sure would like something better, but like where I live and not going to move.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 229 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
I guess you are fine with the fact that VIASAT claims on TV to be 3x faster than slow DSL? That is right out of the audible part in the TV ad, even though "up to flashes in print". I guess you are ok with VIASAT lying, but Hughes Net lies bother you?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.