How do I disconnect the transponder from the satellite dish? I was told that I have to return the transponder and modem after cancelling.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Old post

How do I disconnect the transponder from the satellite dish? I was told that I have to return the transponder and modem after cancelling service. I'd like to know how to do disconnect it before I climb up on the roof.
Photo of Brian Hayes

Brian Hayes

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3127 Posts
  • 2012 Reply Likes
You will need a couple of adjustable wrenches, or two pliers to remove the bolts. The transponder is the thing that is pointing at the dish itself, with a cable attached, and has some fins. It isn't too heavy, or big.
Photo of Tommy Fortune

Tommy Fortune

• 37 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Yap, its going to involve getting on the roof if that's where the dish is at so be careful.
(Edited)
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
4 Phillips head screws hold the TRIA to the dish. You may need a 7/16" wrench if you can't remove the coax by hand.
Photo of HMC1940

HMC1940

• 605 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes
Stay safe on your roof.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Brian,

Sorry to hear you are leaving.  You will receive a return box with instructions on how to properly remove the equipment.  If you have any other questions or concerns, please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com.  
Photo of Ellen Beck

Ellen Beck

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Everything was going fine with the removal of my device until there's a cable that's attached to the unit that's impossible to remove. I was told I'd need to pay for Excede to come out and remove it - that's not right. I can't get it off not to mention my yard is torn up from the dish installation. I want it all out of there. Please advise. ellenannbeck@gmail.com
Photo of JEP

JEP

• 987 Posts
  • 718 Reply Likes
A wrench on the connector should be able to remove that coax cable.  Turn it counter-clockwise (lefty loosey).
Photo of Kaotic Technologies

Kaotic Technologies

• 281 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
I bet the whole barrel nipple is turning on him.... cut the coax cable....

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.