How do I access random assigned email?

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Install tech set my mom up with some random email address with her new viasat install. It ends with @ beagle.com. where do I go to access that email? They say they are sending account info to that email but I don't know how to access it.
Photo of Stephany Hayden

Stephany Hayden

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 727 Posts
  • 320 Reply Likes
None of my browsers will even allow me to go to beagle.com as they claim it is not secure. I have never even heard of anyone having a beagle.com e-mail address. Something isn't passing the smell test. Did you go through Viasat or a dealer?
Photo of Stephany Hayden

Stephany Hayden

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It's Viasat directly. I guess they are using a made up email address as a username. But she doesn't understand and I am trying to piece it all together after the fact. I will have to go in and change all the info. The recovery methods point to an email that doesn't exist and a landline that cannot receive texts. What a pain!
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2194 Posts
  • 1293 Reply Likes
The installer wouldn't work with Viasat directly though.  He would have been a 3rd party contractor (like all contractors, some good, some bad).

Refer to what Old Labs said below.  They will be able to research what is going on and have a record of the installer.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2194 Posts
  • 1293 Reply Likes
Viasat also does not supply snbrmsil address anymore. Set your mom up with her own. Gmail, mail, or Yahoo are decent emails services to use.
Photo of Stephany Hayden

Stephany Hayden

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Then why did the tech give her an email address as a username?
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 727 Posts
  • 320 Reply Likes
The techs don't work for Viasat, they are 3rd party contractors, and unfortunately run the gamut in range of competence. They also get a flat fee for a visit so many rush through because 30 minutes pays the same as 3 hours.
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 658 Posts
  • 620 Reply Likes
Call Customer Care at 855-463-9333, they can handle it. Sounds like Viasat hasn't got it's activation process  bases fully covered in the event the user doesn't already have an email account (now that they no longer supply email accounts to subscribers) after a quick peek at the job aid. I believe an email address is needed to activate the account on install (but perhaps one of the installers around here can verify) and your installer probably just made one up. Doesn't even appear to be a mail server at beagle dot com.

Establish that Gmail account before calling though.
(Edited)
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1095 Posts
  • 521 Reply Likes
@Old Labs - The only reason an email would be required was if there was an issue with the activation process, which required the installer to call in and have the customer agreement manually sent.  If that's the case, then the email need not be used again.  Basically used as a burner email to get the install completed.

I agree with what was said previously, call Customer Care at 855-463-9333.  Create an email with a reputable provider (gmail, yahoo, outlook, etc) and have Customer Care add it to the account.  
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 658 Posts
  • 620 Reply Likes
I know - but in that case she shouldn't have been advised that info would be sent to  snoopy @ beagle dot com, which is the source of confusion ;)

Sort of like folks complaining here that their voice service isn't working and being told to call ;)
(Edited)