how could I use 1%of my just purchased gigs in 30 seconds?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Question acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need for further response.

Why are my gigs disappearing at the speed of light the past two months?
Photo of Debbi Cobern

Debbi Cobern

• 89 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Disappearing Bandwidth

Disappearing Bandwidth

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
Congratulations! I bet if you call, Exede will tell you that someone has hacked into your wireless.
Photo of Debbi Cobern

Debbi Cobern

• 89 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Impossible. I live in the midfle of nowhere plus have a block on my router.
Photo of ExedeEmerald

ExedeEmerald

• 204 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Hi Debbi that does seem like it went at the speed of light. We can definitely take a look at your account and see what is going on with your usage. Please send us an email at exedelistens@viasat.com with your account information and we will be more then happy to look into your usage for you! 
Photo of Jeremy Mora

Jeremy Mora

• 39 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
They told you it was a hacker!? This has happned to me as well. They are saying that I used 25gb in 7 days. 
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Jeremy, if you send us an email to exedelistens@viasat.com, I would be happy to review your data usage to see what's going on and if need be escalate this issue to resolve it for you. Thanks. 
Photo of Natalie Potts

Natalie Potts

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
same here and it was checked and it so funny how it worked great then but as soon as I got off the phone it goes off and on all of the time so if you are downloading a page you have to start all over that is a rip off I want my Verizon back if I can find a way I will cancel dialup is faster
Photo of Natalie Potts

Natalie Potts

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
same here and it was checked and it so funny how it worked great then but as soon as I got off the phone it goes off and on all of the time so if you are downloading a page you have to start all over that is a rip off I want my Verizon back if I can find a way I will cancel dialup is faster
Photo of Jacqueline Tierney

Jacqueline Tierney

• 269 Posts
  • 156 Reply Likes
Yes and some people claim routers can be hacked from a mile away from your house, baloney.  We had to install a booster signal at our prior place just to get the router signal 50 feet into the barn so we could run a web cam to monitor our foaling stall (that was on our wireless broadband provider there, NOT the restrictive satellite).  You also couldn't connect to it at the end of our front yard if you wanted to sit outside and use your computer.  And before someone claims "cheap router" this was a high end Netgear with lots of nice features in it.  But if someone wanted to hack me they would have to be parked right up next to my house.  Couldn't even connect to it at the end of the lane out on the road even if you wanted to.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.