how can I select multiple emails to delete????

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

previously...I could select the first email in a list of emails in the inbox...and select the last email in the list...and then delete all the emails in between those emails...deleting several at one time...without having to select each email individually...How can I do that with the new screwed up system????
Photo of Rhon Nelson

Rhon Nelson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • very upset

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2831 Posts
  • 1791 Reply Likes
You need to go to the Preferences tab, then in the General, in the middle of the page under Other, place a check in the Settings: Display checkboxes too quickly select items

You will need to refresh the mail display, then the checkboxes will appear at the left of each email.
Photo of JEP

JEP

• 987 Posts
  • 718 Reply Likes
If you are using the webpage to access your email, you can select a folder and press CTRL-SHIFT-A (all three keys simultaneously) and it will select all email in the folder, that being displayed and that which isn't displayed.  Then you can select Delete and all the email in that folder will be deleted.  If you have more than a few hundred emails, you may think your computer has hung, but be patient, it will work it's way through.  Then go to the Trash folder and select Empty the Trash to totally get rid of the emails.
Photo of Rhon Nelson

Rhon Nelson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I discovered by experimentation:  you can put the cursor at an open space on the emil line item, then go to the last email in the list you want to delete..press  SHIFT, then put the cursor on the last item, and left click...the selected series of emails will be highlighted , then right click to pull down an option list which will show "delete", click delete.  The entire  highlighted list of emails will be deleted..
If you want to select just individual email in the inbox.. follow the above procedure, except press CTRL, instead of Shift...and each email selected will be highlighted, then you can right click, pull down the menu..and select DELETE..

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.