How can I order a replacement power box that goes to my modem?

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • In Progress
I had a mouse in my house that chewed the wires into on my power box that goes to my modem. How do I replace it? AC/DC adapter
Photo of Carrie Gibbs Hallman

Carrie Gibbs Hallman

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 537 Reply Likes
Call Viasat at 855-463-9333 and ask them to send you a replacement.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2409 Posts
  • 474 Reply Likes
Hi Carrie,   Please call Customer Care at 855.463.9333 .  We will need to schedule a service call.
Photo of Wes Swenson

Wes Swenson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yeah they want to charge you 95 friggin dollars for another box that you have probably paid for a dozen times. This company is a bunch of rip off if I ever seen
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2216 Posts
  • 1348 Reply Likes
I've got my popcorn ready.  Extra buttery!  
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 303 Posts
  • 269 Reply Likes
Actually Wes isn't too far off from the first impression that Diana left with this one when I read it 3 months ago ... scheduling a service call to replace the power supply seems just a bit of overkill and absurd with or without Easy Care.

Hopefully Carrie didn't require one to resolve a trivial solution - I do wish that folks would follow up with their resolutions as a simple matter of courtesy to all.

Apparently this one is still in progress ;)
(Edited)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2216 Posts
  • 1348 Reply Likes
Oh, no, I agree that it's a bit ridiculous to send a tech if it's known that the power supply is the problem, as they could simply send it, I just meant the rest.  
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 334 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
The odd thing about pushing service calls is that Viasat pretty much makes no profit on them. When I had Viasat the 3rd party tech got a $80 flat fee to go on a call Viasat charged $95 for. I used to have city cable decades ago and Charter pushed service calls, but at the time the techs worked for Charter.