Horrible service

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Acknowledged
This is the WORST internet company I have EVER done business with. Slow service can never get on the internet in the evenings bc there's too much traffic they claim. My speed is at .2 and I pay for 30mbs I've never come close to getting even half that speed
Photo of Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
  • angry

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2662 Posts
  • 1391 Reply Likes
What service plan are you on and how much data have you used for the month?

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
I am on the unlimited. It has been at the same speeds from the first gb. I'm over 100 gigs now but it was doing the same thing from the first one. It has always been this way I have spent way too many hours of my life with them over the phone but they keep saying the same bs blah blah blah traffic, satellite, etc. If I'm paying for 30 Mbps a month and I'm not even getting half that on their best day then there's a problem. They r lying to people about their speeds. They say unlimited but it is actually not unlimited at all because before this plan I was getting a hundred and 50 GB a month once I switched to Unlimited my speeds went down and never came back up and no one can fix the problem and I have tried numerous times to speak with a supervisor and was never able to get in touch with one they just left me on hold until I finally hung up I'm so sick and tired of this company .2 gbps is completely unacceptable even with slower internet speeds after the hundred gigabytes 2 is not enough speed to do anything at all what is the point for paying for unlimited with speeds like that.
Photo of Shannon Williams

Shannon Williams

• 44 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
i hear u 
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1155 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
RE: ".2 gbps is completely unacceptable...When I say my speed I mean it is at 0.2 not 2.0 "

Jenifer...0.2 Gbps represents 200 Mbps...

Extremely acceptable...
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1762 Posts
  • 1072 Reply Likes

eh.....  nomenclature, she's doing the best she can.  Most know what she's trying to say.  We hold nobody to perfection here, especially those sincerely seeking help.

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
How is 0.2 acceptable? It absolutely is not, not when u r supposed to be getting 30.0!
(Edited)
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 147 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
I think it was a "jab" at your typo.  You said you were getting 0.2 gpbs when I think you meant to say you were getting 0.2 mpbs.

0.2 gpbs would be aceptable, whereas 0.2 mpbs, while technically "up to", would not.
Photo of Iam Moore

Iam Moore

• 5 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I found overall that S2 was flawed in "unlimited" $210.. gold package. In my PNW area I guess I was the only one to get that offer. I asked about going back to Liberty Plans and was told if I tossed my rare Gold Package I could never get it back in my area ever.
LAST month I went back to Liberty 12 @ $100.00+ per month on the first.
Today is month 2 of this program, my data usage is @ 10 GIG'S/72 HOURS. I limit nothing, MS Insider updates eat 4X's per month @ 6 GIG's each. One down.
Browsers matter dependent on path priority and those updates get delivered via MS Edge.
Mass Media like A/V 4K+ full bandwidth gets Chrome.
My You Tube music videos and general movies etc.,.
The EULU for ViaSat Browser is a civil rights nightmare so I will not install it.
TODAY L-12 HAS SPEEDS FASTER WITH STABILITY FOR $110.00 LESS THAN GOLD.
I'll get throttled in two days. It is bad at first until few days into it then it gets smooth fast and stable again.
That took some trust changing out, losing unlimited (a risk for the work I do) yet I have to get mental closure.
I believe this will be a defining moment, it is last chance, there are others I would try out. I would lose money but this month may bring another one like last month @70%.
Before that poor performance was it. 30% worked.
A waste of time, real suffering & unhealthy stress has burdened me. I deserve considerations for my time loss.
I have a service plan now. expecting trouble.
Here is why.
Internet Wi Fi has never worked. The tech a no show 3x's claiming he had come & nobody home, yet nobody has ever seen him/her.
Outside of town in the hills with five housemates. One way in/out. Nobody comes onto the property without being seen, period. Three times now. Not even a biz card or note left as I requested to prove they came.
So I will place another order.
I pay my bill. I add the easy-care three months back. No care when my dish went out (moved) of line of sight in a storm.
I fixed it as best I could without the help of anyone so running back and fourth until it worked.
I got that by sighting the ISS as earth past @ 16+K MPH!
No credit for this, Broken WIFI, voice (not working) failure of service calls that for16 months ViaSat took money ($ 3.200+) without fix. And 2 of which I fixed best possible.. I have been at this location 18 months there is no cell service landline for any 911 emergency or help so
without Sat working is dangerous.
I still have payed $3.500,
An Excede customer before ViaSat bought me.
EXECUTIVE HELP NOW. TOMORROW WILL MAKE 16 NOTED COMMENTS IN MY FILE.
ALWAYS BE NICE ON THE PHONE & TELL THEM TO NOTE IT EVERY TIME.
A positive thing in this message is Liberty works today. It never worked as was stated two years back. SLOW!
That forced me into the new plan, based on speed promised. That one is also flawed with false specs & crazy throttling that was cutting me down without cause or repeatability (never at the same time in 24 hour tests which slows creative works, incredibly hard),
so planning stopped..
An increased price at the same time reducing GIGS from my contracted 150 pre throttle allowance to 100.

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3172 Reply Likes
Okay?
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 473 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Sounds like normal customer service

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
And then whenever I call and listen to the automated system it tells me I am now over my 100 GB and asks me if I want to purchase more why would I purchase more if I have an unlimited plan that right there goes to show it is a lie it is not unlimited if I have to buy more internet to get faster speeds because they slow them down after a hundred gigabytes which even before the hundred gigabytes is used my speeds are only at maybe a 4 or a 5 Mbps. But I pay for 30 that makes no sense and what makes no sense as well is the fact that nobody in the entire damn company can tell me why they keep giving me the runaround and telling me a bunch of crap about satellites in the sky I don't care about that all I care about is getting what I'm paying for that is the bottom line and I don't appreciate being lied to either
(Edited)

Shannon Williams

• 44 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
lol nice point
Photo of Bob Hansen

Bob Hansen

• 16 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I had similar problems until my system failed due to poor installation. A new tech came out, accessed the install and gave it an D-. He replaced the modem, pick-up on the dish, and routed the wiring properly, along with the missing ground wire. This got things working, but still a little slow. The best we could get was 7 mbps from the router. I replaced the router and am now getting a consistent 15 mbps, even during so called "peak" hours. Freedom 150 12mbps plan.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 473 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I had tech come and it did no good.
Photo of Bob Hansen

Bob Hansen

• 16 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I must be the rare exception. Knock on wood. 
Photo of Shawn Willmon

Shawn Willmon

• 43 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hitting 100gb with that speed is impressive, guess you were constantly downloading

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
When I say my speed I mean it is at 0.2 not 2.0
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 419 Posts
  • 141 Reply Likes
How could you have possibly used over 100 gigs if your speeds never go over .2???

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
My tv cable runs at all times. My speeds are at 0.2 every evening. During my good time to be on my highest speed is at 6. So naturally when it takes FOREVER to download then u use more gigs bc it's taking forever to download! If my internet was at the correct speed then it would not take me as long and I would not be sitting there running through internet all day trying to download one video and other times when I try and download updates on my PlayStation or even a game that may take 20 or 30 GB I will get halfway through and my internet will cut out and I will have to go back in and restart and it restarts me back at 0 having to use more gigabytes all over again this happens all the time
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2662 Posts
  • 1391 Reply Likes
I'm confused. What does your cable TV have to do with Viasat?

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
My cable uses my wifi for on demand, actually my TV is hooked up to the wifi FOR my cable
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2662 Posts
  • 1391 Reply Likes
How long have you been a Viasat customer?

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
If I had to guess I would say a little over a year

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
And the only reason I still do business with them is because they are literally the only internet service provider where I live I would give anything to have Comcast back
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2662 Posts
  • 1391 Reply Likes
Well the good news is you have less than a year until you can ditch Viasat without a early termination fee.

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
That is not good news! Good news would be to get reasonable speeds!

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
But that is good to know...bc I will be doing just that if this continues...
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2662 Posts
  • 1391 Reply Likes
I was thinking the same thing. She basically described using all of her priority data and being slowed down during prime time due to congestion.

I'm on a Liberty 12 plan and only get 2 or 3 mbps during primetime when I have priority data left. Of course during the day my speeds are usually 12 mbps or higher. That's how network congestion works.

When I don't have priority data left, my speeds are around 256 kbps during prime time.

If she were to do the same speed test outside of primetime hours, her speeds would be much faster.
(Edited)

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
I have done speeds outside of Primetime and I have done them when my data first starts over my speeds are never that high they average on their best day at 5 gbps which when you are paying for 30 and told that you will be receiving 30 that is what you expect that has never happened yet though and when I was paying for 150 GB a month instead of unlimited then I had the higher speed for the entire 150 GB but now that I have switched to Unlimited my speeds slow down after 100 GB so that alone makes zero sense it is better to pay for 150 GB because you will have faster internet speed then to go with an unlimited plan which actually is not an unlimited plan it is a 100 GB plan so they need to be truthful about their plans and what they actually do.
(Edited)
Photo of Richard Owens

Richard Owens

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Have you asked for a service call to make sure your dish is properly aligned and/or checking that your tria or modem isn't going bad?  We had the slowing problem for a couple of months, was due to our tria failing and needing replacement.
(Edited)

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
No I haven't! Honestly I just figured they would have known to do that but they never mentioned it. I will have to do that!
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1765 Posts
  • 1074 Reply Likes

Jennifer, here's what to do.....

Send an email to viasatlistens@visat.com and describe your speed situation.  Explain your frustration.  Tell them you have been here to this forum and add a link to this thread.   Request they do a speed test on your system and adjust your priority standing to a level that WILL insure your non-primetime speed is acceptable.

Primetime is just that so some degeneration of speed is to be expected for the time being but an adjustment to your priority will improve speeds even during those times.

I have read your postings here and I applaud your patience.  Now allow Viasat to show that when you email them, you get results.  It may take 2-3 days for action.

When they make adjustments to your service I hope you'll come back and tell us of the improvements, or lack thereof.  

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Thank u very much for that info! I'm actually one step ahead as I have already sent a detailed email to that email address . Thank u again.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1765 Posts
  • 1074 Reply Likes
Good!  I mis-spelled in the email address....   Oops., but you got it.  :o)
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 474 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I doubt anything will happen, it never does for me. Good luck
On hold now with them

Shannon Williams

• 44 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
good point there lol
Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 133 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Also by next Wednesday 2/28 Viasat 2 will be available nationally so maybe they could get you installed on that which is a larger satellite then Viasat 1 so it can hold more customers without slowing down
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 473 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I just got off phone and was told it is not available. Surprise surprise, lied to again.
Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 133 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Ummm today is 2/22/18 it will be available nationally this coming Wednesday 2/28/18 if you read the post your responded to it says 2/28
(Edited)
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 473 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Others have posted here that they have been moved. I call every few days when someone posts.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 473 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
1 week ago:  
Official Response
Viasat 2 is rolling with availability. I'd say in an area with a busy beam that'll be the most likely option
Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 133 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
They are turning on areas a little bit at a time and will be available everywhere next week
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3172 Reply Likes
Not all beams have came online yet. Patience.

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
I have patience! If I had been told from the get-go that this was the case it would not be an issue but the fact that they falsely advertised their speeds of what they project them to be instead making people think these were the speeds right now. That is unacceptable if they were not ready to keep up with their end of their packages then they never should have offered them to begin with
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3172 Reply Likes
May response wasn't towards you, but the other poster.

I agree with you about the packages though. Notice now the "unlimited" packages offer less priority data now. Did they overextend? Probably. Will Viasat-2 help? Most definitely but Rome wasn't built in the day.
Photo of Tony Huguley

Tony Huguley

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I agree. Their customer service so far has been horrible for me. I pay over $100 a month for 50mb, 12mbps speeds. We feel lucky if we get 6 or 7. Usually it is less than 1mbps. I have water in my LNBF on the dish and now can't get them to want to fix that. 
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1754 Posts
  • 1067 Reply Likes

The "Silver Bullet" for problems with Viasat is to send an email to viasatlistens@viasat.com with a description of your issue along with your account number and contact information.
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4365 Reply Likes
They'll replace the defective TRIA (yes it should be watertight), you're disputing the terms of the lease agreement and are probably fighting a losing battle on that count. After 90 days you have to pay for the service call (i.e. the installers visit). There's no additional charge for replacement of the leased equipment unless you took a shotgun to it. Alternately you can sign up for Easy Care and cushion the blow. We all have to deal with that one way or another.

https://www.exede.com/documents/master/customer-agreement.pdf
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2379 Posts
  • 2100 Reply Likes
"I have water in my LNBF on the dish and now can't get them to want to fix that. "

That's hard to believe.  I had water in my Tria and I used the "chat" service and had a guy out in a few days.  Tell use exactly what you mean by "can't get them to want to fix that."
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2379 Posts
  • 2100 Reply Likes
Tony?
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2637 Posts
  • 1354 Reply Likes
I've said numinous times that people should be required to pass a written test before they are allowed to sign up for Viasat service.

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Who are u referring to Mr. Rice? And y does it sound like u work for ViaSat?
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5067 Posts
  • 3130 Reply Likes
I can assure you he doesn't work for Viasat.

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Guess it's just weird to me that a person would spend so much time on this forum going around defending ViaSat...for no apparent reason...
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2379 Posts
  • 2100 Reply Likes

People who respond here who work for Viasat will always be identified next to their name as an employee.  such as .... Brad, Viasat employee, or Alex, Corporate something or other...  Very easy to tell who is a real employee or just a customer.  Plus there will be a worm looking thing next to their name.

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Oh ok! That's good to know :) this is my first time on a forum ever...so it's all new to me. I try to spend my time doing productive things, not chasing comments. But I was desperate to get my internet fixed...so here I am :(
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2379 Posts
  • 2100 Reply Likes

"going around defending ViaSat...for no apparent reason..."

You will find that their are people here that will do exactly that because we are very satisfied with our service.  If people have an issue, they will get some help here from other customers, but coming here and just slamming Viasat will not get much results, and will probably be a big mistake because help can usually be had if one is willing.

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Slamming? Lol that's funny! I did not come on here to get help from other customers I came on here to let other customers know of my issue. And with the customer service that I have received from ViaSat in the past 2 weeks is so unacceptable that if I want to come on here and vent so that other people know that is perfectly fine. I'm happy for those who get the service that they are paying for but there are many who are not and is it is extremely frustrating. So if you would like to call it slamming ViaSat then so be it. Because I feel like they have treated me so poorly that I really don't care!
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 51 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
I was sold by the retailer that I would be on the new satellite, with no congestion for at least 1 year, that the service is optimized for 2 televisions. The installer told me that this is the new equipment and that he has never even installed this equipment.
Well the new stuff isn't even available in my area. I didn't know this after seeing new plans in my area . I figured it would slow down in the evenings but I figured I'd still be able to use it to stream right? Wrong. In the evenings i don't even get 1.5 mbps. I can't stream anything. And I have the silver unlimited plan. And I had the service installed on Saturday the 17th. I've only used 2.4gb. No where near my 60gb priority limit.

This sucks. I was misled/lied to just to get a sale.

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Kevin that is exactly how I feel. I have the unlimited gold package. I was told I would get speeds up to 30 Mbps. I've never gotten half that. In the evenings I average 0.2 Mbps. I cannot stream either. i have to use Wifi phone calls where I live and in the evenings my wifi is so slow that I cannot even talk on my phone none of this ever happened until I switched to the unlimited plan granted my speeds were still extremely slow before I switched they were not this bad so yeah I was definitely lied to as well.
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 51 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
I don't even mind that I get under 25 mbps. But I'm not home to enjoy the good speeds i do get. I was under the understanding that congestion would not be a factor. I thought this due to being told this by the sales rep. I would be ok with 3-5 mbps in the evenings. But less than 1.5 mbps is useless for what i thought I could use this service for.

And my data just reset the other day. I've used less than 2.5gb. No where near the 60gb mark.
(Edited)

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Agreed
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2379 Posts
  • 2100 Reply Likes

"get 1.5 mbps. I can't stream anything"

The Silver plan streams at 1-1.5 mbs.  So you are getting the correct streaming speed.  If you can't stream than you may have your settings wrong on your streaming services. Go into your accounts on your computer for Netflix or YouTube and set your streaming/ playback to AUTO.

Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2379 Posts
  • 2100 Reply Likes

"evenings I average 0.2 Mbps"

Jennifer, people are trying to tell you that that is not normal.  Do as others have said and email  viasatlistens@viasat.com.  Don't make the mistake and just vent on here.  That email goes to the Corporate office and they will fix this for you.  Or you can just vent and nothing will change.

Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 51 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Already did that thanks. I was getring about 1.25 mbps and at times 600-700kbps. That is way less than what I was sold by the sales rep.

Jennifer Elliott-Meeks

• 23 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Jim16 if u had read all my previous comments u would have saw that I have already emailed corporate. I have talked to everybody I can. I vented on here now I am responding to other people's comments on MY original comment....
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 51 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
And I have emailed them as well.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2379 Posts
  • 2100 Reply Likes
Jennifer, Have they responded yet?  You just sent that a short while ago.  Let us know what the outcome is when Corporate gets involved.  Completely different  than a phone call to customer service.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 461 Posts
  • 249 Reply Likes
They never and I repeat never do anything when I call. There is nothing to do when it is a congested beam. So tired of apologist telling me to go to 2nd level. You cant get there from most calls/. They argue with you when you ask. Last night I was at less than 500kbps, used 32Gig of my 150. I asked about new sat again and was told it wasn't available. Lies seems to be standard operating procedure with customer service.
(Edited)
Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 133 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Yes because as I explained before that it's still being rolled out because they want to make sure that everything is working with it and it will be available to everyone on Wednesday
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2379 Posts
  • 2100 Reply Likes
What did Corporate tell you when you emailed them at viasatlistens@viasat.com Tim?
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 461 Posts
  • 249 Reply Likes
Sent this email this morning:  I have called many times and have service techs out to my house and I continue to get poor speeds. I can not watch videos from Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime,etc.
I have been lied to by customer service on multiple occasions, I was told they changed my beam, it did nothing because they did nothing. Service tech said he did also when he was at my house, again no improvement. On another occasion when I called customer service I was told he switched me to new satellite. That was about 3 months ago. I knew he was lying and played along, again no improvement. Why do you employ liars? My speeds are consistently under 2Mbps and I pay for 25Mbps and unltd. Last night below 500 Kbps. Of course you hide behind the "up to" argument but that does not help me when I get home from work. I want a truthful response. WHEN WILL I BE SWITCHED TO NEW SATELLITE? If I do not get an answer, I will have to make a change. Maybe get a separate phone service and create hot spot since it would at least let me use internet.

Tim

Think I will get a response?
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2379 Posts
  • 2100 Reply Likes
Not sure I would have asked for help like that, but... Did you tell corporate you are still under your priority data and still getting these speeds?  You are under your data limit?
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2379 Posts
  • 2100 Reply Likes
Maybe you're not...
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 461 Posts
  • 249 Reply Likes
Being nice has only gotten me crap customer service. I think they should be able to look up my account and see that I have use 35 Gig this month. My billing cycle starts again in a few days.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5067 Posts
  • 3130 Reply Likes
It doesn't sound like you had a reputable installer either. Phone support is hit or miss. I give you that. But when you contact a mod on here directly you are dealing with the people that can hopefully resolve your issue.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1754 Posts
  • 1067 Reply Likes

Tim Spake
Yup, at least the automated acknowledgement that your email was received.  Now what the social media team will do for you is questionable.  They may do what their job description calls for, at the minimum, or, they may actually go further and perhaps do something to finally shut you up. 

You keep crying that you want to be on another satellite, well, keep looking at your account management page for new plans and THERE is where you can arrange to be switched to Viasat-2 by switching to a plan not available on Viasat-1. 

You've called and called but finally today we see you may have actually sent the email as everyone always suggest.  Have you ever seen anyone here say "call customer service to get that fixed?"  We always tell people to send the email to viasatlistens@viasat.com because THAT is how to get things done.  You have no-doubt seen our advice to others concerning sending the email to solve problems. Your stubbornness in calling customer service has dragged your problem out for months and your attitude has prevented anybody from caring if you have service or not.  You've thrown in your digs against Viasat everywhere you saw an opportunity to get one more in and yet you are surprised no real help ever comes your way.  So far, your one-man war against Viasat has had only one casualty, yourself.

I think the social media team will take the higher road with you and either make some changes or refer you to a plan more likely to fulfill your expectations of what you perceive your service should be, just because they are the good people they are. 

Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1754 Posts
  • 1067 Reply Likes

Tim Spake
Yup, at least the automated acknowledgement that your email was received.  Now what the social media team will do for you is questionable.  They may do what their job description calls for, at the minimum, or, they may actually go further and perhaps do something to finally shut you up. 

You keep crying that you want to be on another satellite, well, keep looking at your account management page for new plans and THERE is where you can arrange to be switched to Viasat-2 by switching to a plan not available on Viasat-1. 

You've called and called but finally today we see you may have actually sent the email as everyone always suggest.  Have you ever seen anyone here say "call customer service to get that fixed?"  We always tell people to send the email to viasatlistens@viasat.com because THAT is how to get things done.  You have no-doubt seen our advice to others concerning sending the email to solve problems. Your stubbornness in calling customer service has dragged your problem out for months and your attitude has prevented anybody from caring if you have service or not.  You've thrown in your digs against Viasat everywhere you saw an opportunity to get one more in and yet you are surprised no real help ever comes your way.  So far, your one-man war against Viasat has had only one casualty, yourself.

I think the social media team will take the higher road with you and either make some changes or refer you to a plan more likely to fulfill your expectations of what you perceive your service should be, just because they are the good people they are. 

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5067 Posts
  • 3130 Reply Likes
Posting twice to get your point across???? Lol
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 145 Posts
  • 71 Reply Likes
Does double posting bump your post count twice as fast?! :P
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 145 Posts
  • 71 Reply Likes
Posting twice to get your point across???? Lol
Makes me think of people who, when talking to someone who doesn't understand the language, speaks slower and louder, like that will make them now understand. ;)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5067 Posts
  • 3130 Reply Likes
I miss the days of the old forum. It didn't double post. You could find stuff, and all was well.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1754 Posts
  • 1067 Reply Likes
These double-post are a nuisance,  they happen to anybody for no apparent reason and sometimes we can click the delete link and get rid of one of them and other times, like today. they stay.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 904 Posts
  • 472 Reply Likes
Tim,

I see you email.  Expect a response soon.
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 51 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Matt B, do you see mine?
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 904 Posts
  • 472 Reply Likes
I sure do!  It's in my queue.  
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 51 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Thanks Matt B.
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 295 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Jennifer Email customer service, 0.2 mbps  is unacceptable I get at least 4 mbps in the evenings when Im not over my 150gb of data and during the day My download speed is sometimes up to 40 mbps or higher and I pay for 25mbps! email exede they will help u better than calling! Or maybe a simple modem reset will help unplug modem for 3 mins and plug it back in!