High speed internet?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Question answered. No need of further response at current time.

What makes wildblue "high speed internet" as stated on website? Would it be more accurate to say this service is for areas with no other service available?
Photo of Kevin Anderson

Kevin Anderson

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3162 Posts
  • 2033 Reply Likes
Satellite internet is something that people should use only if they have no other options for broadband internet service. That is the case with where I live. I have been usd Wildblue legacy for 4 years with good luck, and now on Exede for the past 18 months. My download speeds as measured on TestMy.net run from 8 Mbps to 22 Mbps. That is much faster than the Time Warner Cable folks 2 miles down the road are getting, they average 6 Mbps. I consider the Exede satellite service to qualify as "high speed internet".
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Charter cable at my office gets less than 5 mbps sometimes MUCH less. Exede is 3 to 5 times faster most of the time. Exede meets the needs for some people even when cable or DSL is available as long as they do not have big data needs.
Photo of Exede Elizabeth

Exede Elizabeth

• 212 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I just thought I would share this link: http://testmy.net/hoststats

Wildblue and Viasat are currently ranked at 10th and 12th in the country for speeds. We are in very close proximity to Time Warner Cable and Cox Communication Cable.

Hughes Net Satellite is ranked at 25th. We are also ranked higher than At&t uverse, Road Runner Cable, and Century Link.

http://testmy.net/hoststats

Take care :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.