Wi-fi question

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: old thread

internet connectivity
Photo of theresea martin

theresea martin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of A. Everett Neuman

A. Everett Neuman

• 430 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Hi Theresea,
Not 100% sure what your asking. 

Could a different device get your WiFi password, and then get connected to the internet through your router/ WiFi? Yes.

Well, anyone that can get your password can get internet access by logging into your WiFi.

If I am on the wrong trail here, just ask your question again.
Everett
Photo of Beautiful Dreamer

Beautiful Dreamer

• 15 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
every router. On the bottom has a password set by manufacturer. You'll need to login and set up another password from your pc or other device so others can't can't use your data. So it's create an account whether it's with exede and then with your router too. They must communicate. If you don't have a router direct connect with a Ethernet connection directly to your device. If that's not what your asking i apologize. Either way people here are most helpful and friendly. Someone will help you..have a great day
Photo of Kim J Barker

Kim J Barker

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You could try using a VPN connection (virtual private network) for your wifi connection.  Just go to internet options, add VPN, and follow the steps to use.
Photo of Starring Matter

Starring Matter

• 290 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
if you are on a windows machine, click on the signal strength icon on the bottom right of your screen, looks like steps.  Your wireless network, whatever you've named your network, will be listed.  Right Click on that network and select properties.  Click on the "security" tab.  Check the little box that says "show characters" and, there is your wireless password.
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Theresa, Some people mistakenly think their modem is also a router. A modem/router combination is referred to as a "gateway" but that is not what ViaSat provides. You need a router that is separate from your modem to get wifi. Your router should come with instructions concerning your default password and how to change it. I hope this helps. 
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Theresa, Unfortunately we don’t provide any passwords for your Wi-Fi, mostly because we do not provide routers with our service. I would suggest reaching out to the manufacture of your router for password assistance. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.