HELP....... Need my service restored. Equipment only 16 months old.

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • In Progress
I called today, Memorial Day, because our service has been out most of the day. I was told that the earliest service call opportunity as 29 May. I told the agen, I travel and am not available until June 3rd. He told me that if not May 29th, I would have to wait until June 10th. Two Weeks!!! And we bought EasyCare for just this type of issue. Can anyone tell me if the level of service from HughesNet is any better?
Photo of Douglas Sexton

Douglas Sexton

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1203 Posts
  • 745 Reply Likes

You bought Easycare?  How do you know the problem is even with your equipment.
Photo of Douglas Sexton

Douglas Sexton

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Because the technician on the phone said so.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Was that a USA based technician or someone in a 3rd world country reading off a script?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3482 Posts
  • 1306 Reply Likes
It's most likely the dealer you're assigned to. You can call us today and request what we call a sales channel change to see if another local dealer has more availability. 

Some areas are so remote that a lot of the availability of the dealer is spaced like that. If you can have someone 18 or older home on the travel date that can still be done.
Photo of Charles

Charles

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well good luck with getting another local dealer to help you.   We've been down for a week.  My wife has been on the phone almost daily with someone because our technician is apparently no longer working with you.  She was told to wait 24 for more hours for him to respond and has been getting the runaround for days.  Today I was told we could get a new local dealer but it would take an additional THREE days for that to happen.  Unreal.  I could walk to the local dealer and get it done quicker.  $120 a month, almost two years with you guys and probably going to see 2 weeks with no service before we can get someone here.   She works from home and depends on the internet for her business... Customer Service is a dead art I am beginning to think.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3454 Posts
  • 1290 Reply Likes
3 days sounds about right. The request has to be processed which includes letting the other dealer know that the request was made and the new dealer to accept and work it into the next available slot. 3 days is pretty good with that considered because all of these dealers have their own calendar and availability.
Photo of James Besser

James Besser

• 105 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
I ran out of GBs on the pass mine works good save big money on my end little slow but being 70 hey I am slow too happy camper here