Has the exede evolution data limit been increased?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: duplicate

I noticed that people on the forum and elsewhere are saying they got an email that the exede evolution plan had been increased to 10gb. Is this the case and is it permanent? Also are they going to increase the data for any of the classic plans?
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 8 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Something for nothing?? :) I doubt that very much, mine hasn't changed.
Photo of JEP

JEP

• 987 Posts
  • 718 Reply Likes
I have heard that the Evolution plan had been bumped up to 10 GB, but it is still 5 GB in my area, according to their web site.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
I hope it has then mine will jump to 15.
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
All Evolution subscribers had their cap officially changed from 5 to 10GB. The exception would be the Freedom area subscribers on the basic Evolution plan. They stay at 5GB for some reason.
Photo of Jacqueline Tierney

Jacqueline Tierney

• 269 Posts
  • 156 Reply Likes
That seems odd but perhaps in those areas they feel people can  upgrade to the Freedom plan if they need to?  I sure would if I could.  :)  The extra 5 GB will definitely be welcome and I hope Exede will soon be able to increase a little on the Classic plans for those subscribers.  The increase combined with our increase in our Verizon plan will give us a lot more flexibility though we still would like to jump to a WISP provider if we could get connected to one even though its slower.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Well then they will increase mine or I'll go back to verizon as much as I hate to. This one sided deal will not work here.
Photo of Inthesky

Inthesky

• 49 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
buggy
Photo of Theodore Lyons Porter

Theodore Lyons Porter

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I began subscribing to Classic 16 mons. ago. My cap was 10G. A friend moved into a cabin on my property, and I set him up with the same service a month ago. His cap is 15G for the first year and 10G for the second year. I asked if I could go to 15G, and she said she didn't know (wasn't her department) and she gave me a number to call.
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 8 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
You also have to remember that those in the freedom areas pay only $50 a month for the 5gb evolution plan while those areas that dont offer the freedom plan pay $65 a month. So for those outside the freedom area to be given more data since they are paying more makes since and if those in the freedom areas want more data than the 5gb evolution plan then they have 2 higher plan options.
Photo of RickyP033

RickyP033

• 101 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Yes, it happened to me EXCEPT mine was 15GB and changed the last few days to 10GB????? And they wouldn't give me the $50 plan because I'm and OLD customer by 3 weeks.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Mine hasn't changed still 49.99 when I got my first bill it was 10 more equipment fee plus tax.   But the bargains I see are double the usage but for 6 months only in some areas if you are new. about $62.50 for 10 gig. Ricky the $50 plain would be 60 anyway after they added the 10 for equipment.
Photo of Kamalla

Kamalla

• 27 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I just got the Evolution plan 1 week ago & no-one's informed me of any such thing.  Mine still show's 5GB after the first 6 months of 15GB.  Can someone please explain?
Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 674 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Kamalia, if you're in a Freedom beam, your basic Evolution package would be 5 GB after the initial 6-month period. Email exedelistens@viasat.com if you need an agent to look into it further.
Photo of Kamalla

Kamalla

• 27 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I don't think I'm in a Freedom beam, or otherwise I would definitely get the Freedom package instead.
Photo of Eric Hare

Eric Hare

• 15 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
My parents signed up for Exede and have the same issue - They are in beam 365, which was in the double-data promo area. Currently they have 15GB on the evolution plan, but it says they're scheduled to drop down to 5GB in 6 months? When it sounds like everyone else is getting 10? We're really hoping it will be 10 after the 6 months are up...
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Eric,

I believe those in areas eligible for Evolution 10 are paying $64.99 per month, while the Evolution 6 month 15/5 promo is offered at $49.99 per month.

I don't know how tht discrepancy will be handled.  

It's starting to get to the point where like airlines, you never know what the guy in the seat next to you paid for the same flight...    
(Edited)
Photo of Eric Hare

Eric Hare

• 15 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Actually, they are paying 64.99 for the 15/5 promo! so the plot thickens, I guess... I saw the 15/5 plan being offered for 49.99 but only in an area where the Freedom plan is available. For us, there is only the single evolution package available at 15/5 for 64.99

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Eric, email excedelistens@viasat.com - it may simply be the web site hasn't been updated yet  - in my area it just showed up several days ago despite being rumored earlier.      
Photo of Eric Hare

Eric Hare

• 15 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
That's what we're hoping - Actually, to further confuse things, when we looked at offers for current wildblue/exede customers (they had an old wildblue package) it DID show the 10GB evolution plan, for the same price, but no 15GB promo. It was part of what swayed the decision to choose exede, so we're really hoping that it'll be 10GB (they'd easily give up the 6 month promo to get 10GB rather than 5GB beyond).

I will email exedelistens@viasat.com (i assume you meant to type exede not excede, right?). Thanks.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Yep, exedelistens@viasat.com as noted by Exede Alex somewhere up above.
(Edited)
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Hello Eric, I emailed you back about 3 hours ago. Did it go through? I want to make sure everything is cleared up for you so your parents won't be worried..
Photo of Eric Hare

Eric Hare

• 15 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Yes, it did. Thank you for the help! It was very good news
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
You got it. (:
Photo of Kamalla

Kamalla

• 27 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
When I inquired about this I was told in an e-mail "I do see that you have 16 GBs for the month, you are on the 15 Gb promo and after the 6 months it will go to 10 GBs. That is a change that has been made to our Evolution Plan."  But, after the 6 month promo mine went back down to 5GB.  I e-mailed about it, & they said I was just told wrong.  I e-mailed again to get further explanation & have since been completely ignored.  Please, what gives!!!?
Photo of Eric Hare

Eric Hare

• 15 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Yep... they said the same thing to me. Unbelievable... i will speak with a supervisor soon and explain the situation. Feel like we were taken for a ride... pretty disappointing.
(Edited)
Photo of Kamalla

Kamalla

• 27 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I was told to e-mail here, so that is what I'm going to do: exedelistens@viasat.com
Photo of Kamalla

Kamalla

• 27 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Just tried to, but got back a message that the case had been closed. ???
Photo of Kamalla

Kamalla

• 27 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
OK, this is part of the response I received back:

"Thank you for your email, Kamalia. I certainly understand your concern over the misinformation you received regarding the Evolution plan. I know it is frustrating when you are given incorrect information about your service.

I am sorry that you were advised that the Evolution plan which you are currently on would offer you 10 GB of data when the promotion ended. Unfortunately, that is not the case, as only the 5 GB plan is available in your area. In fact, the Evolution plan is no longer being offered in your area at all. As a current Evolution customer, you may continue with this plan as long as you like, however, if you switch to another plan, you will not be able to transition back to this plan."

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.