Any suggestions ?
Trying to update Garmin GPS maps during LNFZ. Tried numerous times and always same problem. Download speed fluctuates from approx. 400kbs down to 10kbs, never any higher. I left it downloading for over an hour and it's always the same. Finally just stopped it and gave up. I check my connection speed and it is always good around 11mbs. Never had this problem before. Map updates are up to 6GB. Updates would take way over the 5 hr LNFZ time. I've tried the "clean boot" method to see if any background programs are interfering and found nothing. Tried 2 different computers. Searched the Garmin sites, no help there. It's got me stumped. Anybody have any ideas as to what the problem could be ??
This is a repost but it proves you can't always trust software to adhere to its settings.
I had my Garmin Express update software not follow restrictions on when to update:
I checked my remaining allowance this morning and seen another large chunk of data gone !
This would have fallen somewhere between a Mystery and one of those Conundrums we hear about.
A peek at Glaswire shows that despite settings to the contrary Garmin Express (GPS updater) hit me twice in the last 30 days.
Moral of the story: If you are missing data don't depend on program settings and have some type of monitoring program installed.
Settings set to 2am to 8am:
Glasswire shows two Garmin Express hits in the past 30 days:
I'm beginning to think the problem is on my end. I liked the looks of that Glasswire program so I decided to try it. The download was only 500 -600 kbs and it stopped 3 times. I had to pause it and restart it 3 times to finish the download. If I do a speed test it always shows good speed around 11MBS but my downloads are much much slower than that. Still trying to figure it out !!