got to say love viasat browser

• Praise
  • Updated 5 days ago
I have been using this browser on all my devices even on my iphone. Got to say it's the most fastest browser I have ever used. Pages load just like that. I have never seen pages load so fast before. I have used chrome, opera, firefox, & etc. All take a while to load up but after using viasat browser things load up faster. Also along with fast load times websites are a lot more responsive in my opinion. Just somewhat shocked how good this is lol. 

Though there is one issue the adblock on the phone version really doesn't work all that great still get advertisements & pop up from websites. 

Other then that got to say I love viasat browser & even if I get rid of viasat internet in the future will continue to use the browser at least lol.
Photo of Courtney Rose

Courtney Rose

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
I hear good things about it. Never tried it yet. It is Chromium based, and I am a Firefox open source user.

But I know people like it!
Photo of DavidBrowserGuy

DavidBrowserGuy, Browser Expert

• 132 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Thanks, Courtney.  We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying it!
Photo of DavidBrowserGuy

• 132 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Hi Courtney, We just made a fix to the iOS ad blocker this morning.  Is it working better for you now?
Photo of Courtney Rose

Courtney Rose

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hmmm I haven't gotten an update on the app store for it truthfully. I will post back when I get the update. Unless it's like an over the air update? 

Though no idea if that's possible lol but if it was over the air will check it out but if it's an actual app update. Then for some odd reason the app store is not giving me the update lol.
Photo of DavidBrowserGuy

• 132 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Hi Courtney, When you enter a URL, the browser checks whether the ad block settings have been updated within the last 24 hours.  Then, if there is an update available, the list is downloaded to the browser.  No app update is required.
Photo of M.E.M.

M.E.M.

• 194 Posts
  • 88 Reply Likes
David,
I have Glasswire and many days I have received small updates from Viasat Browser.
For instance, today's update was 264.9 KB.
What is being updated so often?
Photo of Courtney Rose

Courtney Rose

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@ david sorry for the late response but it looks like I am not getting pop ups/ads anymore on the websites I go on. Truthfully this is the best browser I have ever used & will continue to use it in all honesty. Viasat knows how to make a lightning fast browser. 
(Edited)
Photo of DavidBrowserGuy

• 132 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
@courtney We are truly thrilled to hear that you like it.  Our goal with the browser is to give our users a better Internet experience, one that is faster and more private.  Please rate us on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/viasat-browser/id1297568937?mt=8.  Thanks!
Photo of JSE

JSE

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Please add the ability to synchronize browser data much like Chrome, even if we are not actual viasat "subscribers". I have viasat-2 access here in Canada under Xplornet and the browser does work great, but the inability to sync data (and import existing data for that matter from Chrome) makes it a deal breaker for me.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2222 Posts
  • 1356 Reply Likes
I was able to import everything from Chrome to the ViaSat browser and I'm not a ViaSat customer.  Settings, Bookmarks, Favorites, Passwords, Extensions, etc.  The whole nine yards.  It took just a couple of seconds.  
Photo of DavidBrowserGuy

• 132 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Right.  You can do this from Settings (on the 3-dot menu) or by going to viasat://settings/importData.  
Photo of Victoria Bidez

Victoria Bidez

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
David - I was able to import everything EXCEPT passwords. I've tried everything to do this one, as it's important for me. The three-dot menu only offers to export passwords, and the import data option allows everything BUT passwords. There's not even a box to check for passwords. Help!
Photo of DavidBrowserGuy

• 132 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Hi Victoria,

Please try the following.  In the below, I'm assuming that you are using Chrome and want to export those passwords into Viasat Browser.  (This works for desktop browsers, only.)

1.       To export passwords from  Chrome:  

-          type chrome://flags and search for "password export".  Select "Enable" from the drop-down menu. Relaunch

-          then go to chrome://settings/passwords.  To the right of "Saved Passwords" is a 3-dot menu.  Click it and select Export passwords and save to a file.

2.       To import passwords into Viasat Browser:

-          type viasat://flags and search for "password import".  Select "Enable" from the drop-down menu.  Relaunch

-          then go to viasat://settings/passwords.  To the right of "Saved Passwords" is a 3-dot menu.  Click it and select Import passwords and select your password file.

Does that help?