Got a question about plans

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Acknowledged
I am on the unlimited silver 25 plan. I was looking at plans (not switching I was just looking) & I am no longer being offered the unlimited plans. When I first signed up for a plan was given the options of unlimited bronze 12 plan, unlimited silver 25 plan, & unlimited gold 30 dollar plan. 

I was looking today & saw if I truly wanted to switch my plans (Once again was just looking) I would be switching to the liberty plans.

Was wondering what happened to the unlimited plans or is liberty plans better then unlimited? 

Just thought I would ask since the option of switching unlimited plans disappeared on me.
Photo of Courtney Rose

Courtney Rose

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3518 Posts
  • 1320 Reply Likes
So you're probably in a busier beam from the sound of it. 

Liberty will have a established amount (whatever the number that follows is) of priority data. This plan does not have the streaming resolution restriction but it does have a data extender setting that acts like that way (cuts resolution down to limit streaming impact on data). You also have the option to buy more priority data to get priority speeds again.The plans have Liberty Pass which means that after you go over your data you see slower speeds mostly in the peak hours of 5pm-12am. 
Photo of Courtney Rose

Courtney Rose

• 40 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Oh OK thanks for the response I was just curious on why the plans switched on me.

So the more busier the beam is the plans will change to compensate the beam being busier? So let's say there is less people using the beam the plans being offered will change? 

So as long as I don't switch plans I will remain on the unlimited silver 25 plan despite the beam being busy?
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Correct
Photo of Terry Hill

Terry Hill

• 188 Posts
  • 65 Reply Likes
Liberty is a great plan, free time from 3am to 6am then if you use up your data you will get 1 to 5mbps in Liberty pass but I seen much better speeds than 5mbps in Liberty pass. I had slow speeds during the day for the last two weeks but today while on Liberty pass i'm getting great speeds. As Brad said during peak hours you may be slower or you may not be slowed at all as I have seen over 3mbps during peak hours for months before until just recently. The data extender is awesome during free time to watch or record content in HD. IMO Liberty is the best you can get on Viasat 1 cause I tried out the unlimited plans and hated it. And to add, $60 a month is a steal for a plan like this for it being satellite internet.

(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Don't worry. Viasat will modify the plan (most likely a price increase), once they get more people on it.

But I agree. Liberty is a better plan than the ridiculously labeled and overpriced "unlimited" plans.