Google down on beam 329

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Acknowledged
anyone else having problems connecting to Google services?
I am on beam 329
Photo of slowBill

slowBill

• 54 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3122 Posts
  • 1101 Reply Likes
Hi Bill

I see you posted this an hour ago. How's it working now?
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Any possibility of fixing this?
Photo of Antonio B.

Antonio B.

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same issue.I'm also in beam 329. Google, Youtube, simple searches keep timing out. Right now the only website that will load for me is Yahoo. If I try to search in yahoo search box...nothing. Currently on my phone data typing this since this site wouldnt not load either.
Photo of slowBill

slowBill

• 54 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
hi Brad, no still not working. I can access plenty of other things, just not google.
I have of course rebooted everything. 
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am having the same problem on the same beam. Seems to be all major websites, google, ESPN, Netflix, Hulu, facebook
Photo of Theo

Theo

• 3 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I am having the same issue for over and hour. And the viasat community site is timing out also. Had to log in with my Verizon hotspot to even get here.
Photo of Theo

Theo

• 3 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
It is all back up now.  And just a side note.....I wouldn't expect an explanation. 
Photo of slowBill

slowBill

• 54 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
I also just spoke with a neighbor who is also on beam 329 who has the same issue, nothing google works.
Photo of H Green

H Green

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Located in Virginia, having same issue all day.
Photo of icpordm

icpordm

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
beam 372 also out for google sites like gmail
Photo of Joy Freeman

Joy Freeman

• 12 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
I've been unable to get on Google or Viasat for the last hour plus. I just now got it to load. Can somebody tell me what happened? For the future, how can I tell that this is a systemwide issue and not my setup?
Photo of Joy Freeman

Joy Freeman

• 12 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
I have no idea what beam I'm on. I'm in Arkansas.
Photo of slowBill

slowBill

• 54 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Google is working now,
Photo of icpordm

icpordm

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
google and gmail now working was down for close to 4 hours.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2801 Posts
  • 1768 Reply Likes
Beam 314, central NY I have not had any problems with Gmail, YouTube, Google

Could be related to one of the Gateways
Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 201 Posts
  • 65 Reply Likes
Back online now for me also. Little over 3 hours of routing problems. It's like someone black holes all of Google. SLC gateway killed it all for me.
(Edited)
Photo of Rique

Rique

• 193 Posts
  • 80 Reply Likes
Beam 321, still having major issues. Google, Netflix, fast.com, the community site (this one), and a lot of what I need for work... our Google Wifi system at home says it is "offline". I'd say a third of my regular sites won't load at all. When I contacted Viasat, I was advised to expect a return to normal as of midnight EST, but that it "could be as late as 5AM" - this per tech support at Viasat.

I've given up any semblance of "normal" for the day. I'm here right now thanks to Verizon Jetpack. Our LTE signal is a hit-or-miss proposition, currently it is a "hit", but it could be a "miss" at any time.

I also asked Viasat tech support to explain the root cause, but the rep could not (or would not) say.
Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 201 Posts
  • 65 Reply Likes
You can use a proxy server for your traffic to get back up till viasat fixes your gateway. If you know how to use Amazon AWS fire up a server and vpn to it.
(Edited)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3076 Posts
  • 1291 Reply Likes
332 was down for Google an hour ago, back now though. Had problems getting here too, sent a Sparrow report so, looks like it got fixed already.
Photo of Joy Freeman

Joy Freeman

• 12 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
What is a Sparrow report? Is this to Viasat?
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3076 Posts
  • 1291 Reply Likes
Yes, Sparrow is the Viasat Browser, it has built in trouble reporting. I sent the screen shots of the error pages and, a description of the issue.
Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 133 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
Yea I had issues too on beam 329 with Google and Netflix being down
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 416 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Footnote - Texting tool gives Viasat residential customers more control: "The service lets customers perform automated service diagnostics, change their installation date, reboot the modem, check data usage, learn about outages, pay their bill and even disable or enable the new Video Data Extender. Viasat can also text those customers real-time usage notifications when they reach 70 and 100 percent of their allowed data, and when their dish is misaligned.

This didn't work?
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2260 Posts
  • 1965 Reply Likes
Can someone give us the text to use to access some of those features?  RBT means reboot but that's all I really know. A document page with instruction would be nice.
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 460 Posts
  • 172 Reply Likes
I think HLP will give you a list.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2260 Posts
  • 1965 Reply Likes
HAH!  Thanks Michael, you were right.