Contract question

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Question answered. No need for further response.

Our service started yesterday and have already used 13% of my amount.  I'm afraid that I have made a big mistake getting this service.  In Missouri we have 3 days to get out of a contract - is this possible? 

Photo of Ed Wilde

Ed Wilde

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Paul Signman Stuart

Paul Signman Stuart

• 3 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
run while you got the chance
Photo of Jacqueline Tierney

Jacqueline Tierney

• 269 Posts
  • 156 Reply Likes
Ed, your state laws should in theory apply to any contract.  You may want to check with a lawyer to be sure but be sure notify Exede within the 3 days of your intent or you might not be able to make the state law apply to your situation.
Photo of Barb

Barb

• 68 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Call them and see what they say.  State laws on a contract should apply for all contracts but not for me to say.
Photo of Starring Matter

Starring Matter

• 290 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
I live in Washington, not Missouri, but we have a similar law, but it applies ONLY to telemarketing, ie, companies that call you and directly solicit your business.  High pressure telephone sales that are designed to put you on the spot to make an uneducated decision.  Services that you chose, no one called you to pressure you into the sale, ie, internet service, etc, are not included in that law. I  suspect it will be the same in Missouri, your will not have the legal right to opt out of your contract.
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
I incorrectly advised people for years that no matter what the contract said they had a 3 day "right of recission." I was wrong! In Tennessee the 3-day law only applies to certain kinds of contracts like door-to-door sales and a few others. It does no apply to Dish Network, Exede, etc. This is why you don't  need to be giving legal advice without a license. Lesson learned.
(Edited)
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Ed,

That law does not apply to your contract, but no worries.  I can go over some basic data usage tips with you.  We can also view your usage categories and inform you of where the most data is being consumed.  Please don't forget to take advantage of the LNFZ or EBFZ.  I would like the opportunity to go over your data usage with you and help you enjoy your services.  Please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information.  I look forward to assisting you.  
Photo of Brian Ford

Brian Ford

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've had your guys service for six days I want out I want my contract terminated I want out I want out I want out!!!!
Photo of JEP

JEP

• 987 Posts
  • 718 Reply Likes
What's the issue, Brian?
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Brian, I am not sure on the details of your situation but if you send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com, we will be happy to help in anyway we can.
Photo of Valerie Holland

Valerie Holland

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
No they won't help. I switched 6 months ago and I complained 3 month about the way they monitor usage. All I get is we will check into it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.