Slow speeds and bill

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
After speaking to a representative on 8/22/17 my plan was changed and the bill amount was not supposed to exceed $80.98 for at least the first 6 months yet my card was charged $85.94. Also, I was told the problem with my speeds was my modem so they sent me a new all in one modem/router but yet my speeds are really slow and I'm supposed to be getting 25GB of PRIORITY DATA which I'm paying for but not getting. What can we do about this?
Photo of Sheri Faith

Sheri Faith

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 2623 Posts
  • 1042 Reply Likes
That isn't a huge difference in the bill. Perhaps taxes. You can log in to to view your bill. or, call 855-463-9333 if you prefer.

I believe you mean 25 Mbps speed with the Boost WiFi Modem. First how are you testing your speed? is one of the most accurate for satellite internet. Also test both wifi and wired to the modem with an Ethernet cable. If speeds are slow you can email with your account and contact information and, ask them to look into it for you.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2084 Posts
  • 349 Reply Likes
Hi Sheri,  Please send an email to as Bev mentioned.  We will review your account and figure out what may be causing slow speeds.  There could be many reasons causing it such as capacity, number of devices being used at once, or software, just to mention a few.
Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack, Champion

• 247 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
This is just a shot in the dark here but in relation to your bill being could be due to pro-rated charges. If you changed your plan towards the end of your billing cycle then the next month you would be charged for that month's service PLUS you would pay the difference between your old plan vs the new plan for however many days were left on your old cycle.

For instance, when we install a new customer we always tell them that their first bill is going to be a little higher because Exede will begin their regular billing cycle within four days of me installing them, so their bill is going to be a full month PLUS up to four day's worth of service. So if their bill is 60/mon and their cycle date begins 3 days after we put them in then their bill is going to be 60 + 6.