Frustrated

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
I have viasat excede the unlimited bronze 12 package and having trouble with everything on my desk top only. The other tablets phones and laptop work fine any suggestions?
Photo of Kim

Kim

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Frustrated

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2237 Posts
  • 1365 Reply Likes
Can you give a little more info as to the problem you're experiencing?  What do you mean by "having trouble with everything on my desk top only"?  
Photo of Kim

Kim

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My son has a desk top and everything on it is so slow he cant download or upload. The connetion is to slow to even run speed tests.. i would really like some ideas of what we can do?
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2237 Posts
  • 1365 Reply Likes
Is the desktop connected directly to the ViaSat modem with an ethernet cable or is it connected via WiFi?
Photo of Kim

Kim

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dedk top is directly connected to the viasat modem with an ethernet cable., his desk top is not wifi compatible. It does work with old internet service providerl
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2237 Posts
  • 1365 Reply Likes
Has he tried restarting the modem?  What I mean is, shut all connected devices down, then unplug the ViaSat modem.  Wait for at least 30 seconds, then plug the modem back in.  Then, after a couple of minutes, start the computer and see if there is any difference.  Sometimes this helps.  

One other thing to try, though he/you may have already done so, is to shut down all devices except for the LAN cable connected computer, then see how well that works.  It's possible that the speed is being divided between the devices, and what the computer is trying to do is more data intensive, so it's requiring more bandwidth than it's able to get due to that bandwidth being divided between all devices.  
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1589 Posts
  • 931 Reply Likes
Try a different LAN cable too.  They can go bad. 
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 652 Posts
  • 245 Reply Likes
How long has it been since the system has been scanned for virus's?
Photo of Harvey Mueller

Harvey Mueller

• 161 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
How long since you re-booted the desktop?  What does 'everything' include?   Do you mean unable to access the internet?  Does it think it has an internet connection?   Sorry but our troubleshooting skills aren't good enough without a little information to go on.  
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3178 Posts
  • 2046 Reply Likes
Changing your ISP will not fix any problems that you are having with your desktop.
Photo of Kim

Kim

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Could you let me know what you think the problem maybe?
Photo of Waldemar Rivera

Waldemar Rivera

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The problem is Viasat and the moderator will remove my comment because they dislike negative feedback. An ex-viasat customer.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2235 Posts
  • 1365 Reply Likes
The moderator will remove your comment not because they dislike negative feedback, but because it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.  If you want to rant, rant in the appropriate place.  This isn't it.  Have a little respect.  
(Edited)
Photo of Waldemar Rivera

Waldemar Rivera

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I wish the moderator could unsubscribe me from receiving these emails.
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 652 Posts
  • 245 Reply Likes
Go to your profile and unsubscribe yourself from receiving emails!
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2235 Posts
  • 1365 Reply Likes
You can do so yourself on the upper right.  

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1589 Posts
  • 931 Reply Likes
Just keep posting.  Called spam the spammer.