Freedom plan not available in new area?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I don't understand, I have been using freedom plan for about 1yr, and now I'm moving home just 1/2 mile they say the plan is not on offer in the area.WHY?
Photo of kelvin

kelvin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • furious

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Danielle Brennan

Danielle Brennan

• 82 Posts
  • 119 Reply Likes
While that plan was available in your area a year ago, it may not be available any longer. The Freedom Plan is offered in only a few select areas, those with very light customer loading. For most of us, it was never available.
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hello Kelvin, 

Exede is constantly updating our service packages to make room for more plans in all regions. We cannot guarantee that if you leave a plan it will be available upon your return. As Danielle has mentioned, The Freedom Plan is currently only accessible in very limited areas.  
(Edited)
Photo of james1979

james1979

• 21 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Kelvin, did someone at Exede tell you that you could not transfer your existing plan to a new address (which is obviously on the same beam)? That would be unusual for a satellite ISP, but then the Freedom plan is currently an oddity, and no one may have really made a decision about what to do in such a situation.

I very recently asked a question about switching to the WiFi modem on the Freedom plan, and that also be something about which a decision has been made.
Photo of Nicholas Wilson

Nicholas Wilson

• 81 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
I had been on the Evolution 20 plan for a year when I saw that I was using less than 10 GB per month so I thought I could switch to a straight 10 plan and save some money. I quickly learned what I had forgotten, which is that Evolution doesn't meter web browsing or email, so I was going thru my 10 GB in 15 to 20 days. When I realized my error I tried to go back on Evolution, but it was no longer available.  Nobody told me that if I left Evolution I couldn't come back. There was no warning about that on the "Change My Plan" webpage.  So the best I could do was get on Liberty 10 and go through the final 2-3 weeks on data restriction, the so-called "Liberty Pass." Fortunately I don't experience any significant slowdown to my web browsing or software downloads on Liberty Pass.  I will quit Exede in a nanosecond if there is ever any alternative in my rural location. There is a terrestrial wireless broadband service working its way slowly toward my area, and I'm working to help them find more customers here to make their infrastructure investment feasible. They have zero data limits, and people say they can stream multiple HD programs 24/7 if they want to.