Freedom 150 Changed to Unlimited Data?

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Acknowledged
                                                            I just noticed that my freedom 150 plan now show's unlimited data.
Photo of TitusB

TitusB

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2240 Posts
  • 1112 Reply Likes
It's like that on lots of older plans. Sign out and back I'm and it will say something different again. It appears to simply be a glitch.
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3893 Posts
  • 3972 Reply Likes
The best bug on Viasat-1 was when it was truly unlimited due to a malfunctioning usage meter ;)
(Edited)
Photo of Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman

• 234 Posts
  • 88 Reply Likes
Nice to be recognized!! My whole point was VIASAT 2 has been in the works for at least a year prior to launch. To avoid all this garbage, they could have started earlier with the software infrastructure and had it through Beta by now. They seem to forget every little piece of aggravation they cause with sloppy software integration is one more reason for a customer to become dissatisfied. 

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3483 Posts
  • 2019 Reply Likes
In fairness to Viasat, you can't really test some of it until the satellite was in final position. I don't think that happened until early December.
Photo of Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman

• 234 Posts
  • 88 Reply Likes
Not talking about that. I'm talking about its website.Stuff that had been working for years is now flaky. There is no reason why account sign in and change plans should not work. Most companies use an alternate site to test the software and give the user a choice of whether to use it or not....thus the voluntary beta test I talked about earlier. Viasat says "We don't know if this shit works right but you're going to test it if you want to or not". This is something an MBA would come up with to save labor costs. No software is "fool-proof" because it always finds a bigger fool. Proper testing culls the herd of fools from which to pick . This sounds cynical. BUT.. it's true. I've had people tell me their software was fool-proof. My response is usually "You haven't found the right fool yet". "And when you do, there will be two".
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3483 Posts
  • 2019 Reply Likes
The Titantic couldn't sink either!
Photo of David Kingman

David Kingman

• 62 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
I wonder if they are going to roll back the Unlimited fee to what we were paying on the Freedom plan?
Photo of Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman

• 234 Posts
  • 88 Reply Likes
They'd better if you didn't ask for it!
Photo of Greg Ritz

Greg Ritz

• 14 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
If we stay with Freedom 150 with video extender (ability to select) and stay on Viasat1, do we think the congested speeds will increase? I would just like to get what I signed up for and am paying for. HD speeds when I need them (evenings) for 150Gb. 
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3090 Posts
  • 1089 Reply Likes
Hi Greg.  That's the plan. Prior to when we start seeing people go to ViaSat-2 EVERYONE is currently on ViaSat-1, now with another satellite up in the air once that workload starts being shared we'll see the grasp of congestion loosen. 
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3391 Posts
  • 1951 Reply Likes
Dilly dilly!
Photo of Mark here

Mark here

• 80 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
I'm on beam 367 which I believe is a heavily (oversold) congested beam, what I don't understand is why Viasat is offering new plans when it's allready like this!!!...
 Speed Test Result