Free Standard Installation ???

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Currently out of contract with Hughesnet....
Credit = Excellent.
I am a licensed electrician.
The unlimited Viasat plans look like a little better deal.
The installer will not need to drill a single hole.
The installer will not need to provide, pull, staple or bury a single rg-6 coaxial cable.
The installer will need to mount the dish 8' above ground on a 6' X 6" square, perfectly plumb wooden post buried in 3' of high strength concrete. 
I have (1) simple question: If the installer claims anything above "Standard Installation" is the installer allowed to leave the equipment with the owner (ME) for self installation and politely go about his day?
Thanks in advance for any professional response.
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 891 Posts
  • 575 Reply Likes
Curious what Viasat deal is available at your location. Where I live Hughesnet plans are better value and offer more. And standard installation is $150 for Viasat.
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 268 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Viasat, just like with Hughes, self install is not possible.

A ground mount installation will be on a 2 3/8" heavy wall steel pole

If the coax is proper grade it could potentially be reused

Different parts of the country have different installation terms
Contact a local dealer to learn terms & plan options available for your zip code 
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This response is to ExSatUser ....Zip 59715 / "Viasat "Unlimited Silver 60GB @ $70.00 for 3 - $100.00 for the remaining 21 Months. Hughesnet currently costing me +$130.00 for Gen5 30GB. Very sure Viasat will offer "Free Standard Installation".

Sorry Bob Lexus, I have no response to your reply.

Patiently waiting for the next business day (Monday) for a response to the (1) simple question I've requested. Hello Viasat ....
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 891 Posts
  • 575 Reply Likes
Bob gave you your answer. He is a dealer.

Viasat will give you the same answer.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 359 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
That explains why he is such a Viasat fan and backs them even when they are 100% out of line.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 891 Posts
  • 575 Reply Likes
Well yea. He sells it. Makes money off it. I wouldn't want to tie my business to this company anymore, but more power to him.
Photo of JSheridan

JSheridan

• 31 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
You can't mount the dish to a wooden post. Not only is it not approved but wood swells and shrinks and twists so alignment moves. I wouldn't even mount a satellite TV dish to a wooden post much less a satellite internet dish.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 891 Posts
  • 575 Reply Likes
It is the weekend....