flashing modem

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
My modem keeps flashing all the lights at the same time I have reset it and it is ok until I turn my computer on the next day and it starts blinking again it works ok some of the times when its blinking and other times it wont should I worry about this if its working
Photo of Pauline Donahey

Pauline Donahey

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Roger Wernsing

Roger Wernsing

• 19 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
There are 4 blue lights on the modem.  The top light is the power light and should stay solid all the time.  The other lights are activity lights and should ,as I say, twinkle when the system is working correctly in a sporadic fashion.   That is a good sign and shows that the internet is working properly.   If the lights are blinking in a rhythmic pattern (say the second and forth light are blinking together, blink, blink, blink, blink) then the system is not connected to the satellite and is updating, power cycling, or   trying to sync with the satellite.  So, If your lights are twinkling it's good.  
If you have a wireless router that could be causing problems with connecting, some brands do not work well with Exede.
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
More important then the light is the status at 192.168.100.1 is everything green there or are there issues there?  Keep an eye on the modem online timer, I have a call placed for my equipment because my modem restarts its self at least once a week so that might be an issue too.  But as long as everything is green on the modem page then you should be fine.  Now if its all four lights blinking in unison then there could be an issue and I would send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com about it and see what they say.
(Edited)
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2231 Posts
  • 419 Reply Likes
Hi Pauline,  We are here to help. If all four lights are blinking, as mentioned by Knight Rider, there may be an issue with the modem.  Please send your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com