First, I’m very Thankful for having Viasat!!!

• Praise
  • Updated 5 months ago
First, I’m very Thankful for having ViaSat!!! Not because their the only ones available on this mountain, but for nearly 4 years, there’s never been a problem. Second, it’s a fantastic home phone company! It’s even enjoyable when the electricity goes out and I don’t get so many sales calls coming in!! I do have a question though. Since I’ve been with you for this long, I’m wondering if perhaps the Satellite
Photo of Frannie Bayne Spencer

Frannie Bayne Spencer

• 13 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2160 Posts
  • 1326 Reply Likes
Looks like the last part of your post got cut off.  :(  

Frannie Bayne Spencer

• 13 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Yep!!! It’s my first time on here and wasn’t sure what was to go on the top.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1421 Posts
  • 840 Reply Likes
Except you still havent asked your question...
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 329 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
The suspense is killing me....
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1414 Posts
  • 838 Reply Likes
Needs to worry about the bottom of the post not the top!

Frannie Bayne Spencer

• 13 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Can I call someone with Viasat on the phone?

Frannie Bayne Spencer

• 13 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Okay, now maybe I’ll get this question in!!! My Satellite dish is in the same position it was put in just about 4 years ago and the inside wiring has gone crazy! I have peacocks who land on the Satellite all the time and I’m wondering if it needs replaced or something! I pay $5.99 extra a month for help of some kind but not sure what it covers! Any ideas?
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 827 Posts
  • 531 Reply Likes
A service call will be $95. If your service works okay, I wouldn't worry about it.

Frannie Bayne Spencer

• 13 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thanks heaps!!! Question-Since I’ve paid that extra $5.99 a lot for so long, then what is it good for?
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1930 Posts
  • 1190 Reply Likes
What do you mean by "inside wiring has gone crazy"?  

Though you've seemed to hint at there being some type of problem with the service, you haven't really described any as of yet.  Are you actually experiencing a problem with your service?  
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3125 Posts
  • 2009 Reply Likes
If you are referring to the $5.99 a month for Customer Care, that went up to $8.99 last year. If you do have the Customer Care, then a service call would be no charge.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 827 Posts
  • 531 Reply Likes
That is correct. Another person that paid way more than $95 in a time span and never had a service call.

But again, if there is nothing wrong with the service, not sure what needs fixed.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 337 Posts
  • 101 Reply Likes
They wouldn't sell Customer Care if it wasn't profitable. Same with extended warranties Why anyone buys those things is beyond me..
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 827 Posts
  • 531 Reply Likes
Yep.  Companies wouldn't sell any of them if they didn't make a profit off them overall.  But Companies also do a good sales job on why it is critical to have "customer care", despite what the math shows.
Photo of HiddenOkie

HiddenOkie

• 16 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Where the extended service plan pays for itself is when you get into the equipment replacement.  I had the lifetime lease and service plan and never had a service call, but knew that it would be much easier coughing up the ten bucks a month than a thousand bucks in a pinch.  I also loved the priority customer service versus sitting on the phone six days before I spoke to anyone who transferred me to another department where I sat on the phone another six days only to get timed out in the cue.  I had a live person within minutes every single time no matter the time day or night.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 827 Posts
  • 531 Reply Likes
You are not going to have to cough up a $1,000 to replace the equipment.

But Viasat thanks you for all the money they made off what you paid them.
(Edited)

Frannie Bayne Spencer

• 13 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thanks everyone! I called Viasat and spoke to a man in Mexico (of all places, especially since I’m in Cali!) and he told me that I really don’t need any help since everything is working. I asked him about the Dish being moved to another location, just in case, but he said again, if it’s working, never mind. So now y’all got me wondering what I’ve paid that extra monthly amount for!!! Especially if there’s another charge of $95. for them to come out!!!
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1276 Posts
  • 790 Reply Likes
There isnt another charge (unless you want the dish moved), but the service charge is $95 without customer care and you have more than paid that to Viasat. You are paying for something hopefully you never use.

As far as talking to somebody in Mexico, that is where the customer support center is. That is not unusual, no matter where in the country you live.

But he told you right. If it is working, dont mess with it!
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I would probably try to figure out a way to get the peacocks from landing on the dish though. That could cause problems in the future.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2119 Posts
  • 1287 Reply Likes
I'm trying to picture a peacock standing on the dish.  LOL.  

(Edited)

Frannie Bayne Spencer

• 13 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
That’s a GREAT picture, lol!!!! Especially with his feathers flared!!! They only have those beautiful feathers for breeding season, January to April, then they fall off during June. Ya otta see the Dish tho, it’s covered with peacock poop!!! Haa Haa Haa!!!
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Where do you live that there are peacocks? I didn't think they had them in the USA.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3156 Posts
  • 2030 Reply Likes
They do exist in the USA. Several of my neighbors raise them.

Frannie Bayne Spencer

• 13 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I live in the mountains of Central California, 100 miles north of Santa Barbara. The closest town is Santa Maria. My closest neighbor is 10 miles away over the next two mountains!!! Never lived in any town or City. Peacocks are the best guards ever!! If any human or wild animal comes near my house, they go off really loud!
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2407 Posts
  • 475 Reply Likes
Hello,  Here is what EasyCare provides.
EasyCare is an optional, extra level of support for your internet service that costs only $8.99/mo.,   (Price increased) in addition to any Viasat Internet service plan fees. Here’s what you get:

• Service calls: When you call our customer care team and they determine that an on-site service call is required, we’ll schedule a time that’s convenient for you and make that service call at no additional charge. Whether your dish fell out of alignment or a cable between your dish and your modem went bad, we’ve got you covered. Since service calls are typically $95 or more, the low monthly cost of EasyCare can save you a lot!
  • Priority access to customer service. You’ll receive the EasyCare customer phone number to call for any questions or issues and receive top-notch service from our Care agents.
  • Dish relocation service. Have a tree in the way? Remodeling? New roof? We’ll come out and relocate your Viasat dish up to once a year at the same service address for $95, a savings of over $100 compared to relocation without EasyCare.
  • No minimum service term for EasyCare. Cancel any time.*

Frannie Bayne Spencer

• 13 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Sounds great!!! Now I’m wondering if maybe someone should come out and check the wiring inside the house! I’m always concerned that a mouse is gonna get into chewing the piles of wires in the house! What’s the fee for that?
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1393 Posts
  • 829 Reply Likes
Look. Your service is working. Unless you have been having a problem, don't have anybody mess with it. They could actually make it worse!
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2149 Posts
  • 1310 Reply Likes
I can honestly say that I've not read of one instance of mice chewing on the coax on here, nor have I on the boards for my own ISP.  

Unless you actually have reason to worry, I wouldn't worry.  
(Edited)