Feeling run around and overcharged

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • (Edited)
Our account # is (removed) and we currently have the 25GB plan.We got emails each month saying we were close to ,or used 100% of our allowance[strange since we were on vacation and turned the computers off,unplugged even ].So we went into your site to change plans and saw you don't have the 25GB plan we currently have as a choice anymore[but still bill us for] .We currently pay $146.57 a month,the unlimited gold 100GB is a dollar more a month and you had an unlimited silver package 60GB available last week we chose to change to for $95 a month.I see this morning you charged me for the 25GB plan again.I am in the system and don't see the silver package available?WHAT IS GOING ON?Why were we not offered a higher GB package for our money,crazy!Is the silver available or not,or do we have to get the Gold 100GB for about a dollar more than you charge us for the 25GB package...no brainer .Why didn't you put us on the silver last week as we asked online?UGH!I can't believe we were left paying for a 25GB package for a dollarless than a 100GB one.....not cool!
Photo of Alan Werhan

Alan Werhan

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of James Paramore

James Paramore

• 152 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
You should remove that account number, this is a public forum, anyone can see it. And I think you are getting the up to speeds confused with the data amount. Most all the plans are unlimited data now. 
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3154 Posts
  • 1119 Reply Likes
Removed account number. Please do not post personal account information. please email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com
Photo of Millie Rodriguez

Millie Rodriguez

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Most all plans are unlimited now? Really? Because we have a 12GB plan. no other options were given to us. We were never asked any questions about our preferences nor were we given any choices. Not about data amounts, not about number of devices we currently use, not about ANYTHING! The service guys came and hooked up the satellite, gave us zero information, left nothing with us that contained any information, and when all was said and done we were stuck with 12 GB per month (in our house 12GB is about 2 days worth of data) and a modem that that was able to connect WIRED ONLY to ONE device. NO WIRELESS CAPABILITIES! I have 4 teenagers and I work from home on the computer. NOT HAPPY! We also have a 2 year contract. I have already made a list of contacts concerning this... BBB, Yelp, I am going to contact anybody and everybody and get the word out about how horrendous this service is so that everybody knows and maybe I can prevent someone else from going through this.
Photo of david

david, Champion

• 545 Posts
  • 389 Reply Likes
You should have done SOME research before you got the service and signed a two year contract.

Also, you're ready to contact all those people but have you contacted Viasat?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3154 Posts
  • 1119 Reply Likes
Yeah this is a easy fix. You can call us at 855-463-9333 or go to account.viasat.com and upgrade. Many may not require a change in equipment and can be done in a manner of moments. 12GB Liberty is one of the older plans and effective last week a lot of the unlimited plans released. As they vary by location with availability we do not send a direct email regarding when new plans are available but we did have announcements here and on our social media pages. Plus visiting account.viasat.com at any time will allow you to see what plans are currently available.  If you need more assistance email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2833 Posts
  • 1791 Reply Likes
Millie, You can add your own wireless router and then you will have WiFi for everyone.
(Edited)