FCC's Net Neutrality Complaint link...!!!! Voice your opinion.

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: tired thread

Have an issue with your ISP

File a Formal Complaint with the FCC

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display

New rules of Net Neutrality!!!!

No more Blocking web links, plus freedom on internet speech with no interference!

Photo of Rene Moreno

Rene Moreno

• 48 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
  • LinkLess

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Thats 5 emails from your ignorant self in my box, enough already, 
Photo of Rene Moreno

Rene Moreno

• 48 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Don't block my links.., its that easy...

thought you were happy with your exede?

Don't go ignorant on me.... take care....

Photo of Rene Moreno

Rene Moreno

• 48 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Cool..., thanks...!!!!
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
However, direct the first complaint at the FCC itself for failure to make the regulations public so you know what complaint you're directing at your ISP.    

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Since the original FCC proposal from May 2014 is the only thing to go on at this point, presumably your complaint will be that you are dapped for going over your monthly data allotment and experiencing slow speeds or inability to access certain web sites. As the Chairman Wheeler notes in that proposal:

Simply put, when a consumer buys a specified bandwidth, it is commercially unreasonable – and thus a violation of this proposal – to deny them the full connectivity and the full benefits that connection enables.
Assuming you're successful and the FCC sides with you, ViaSat has one simple logical decision to make - when you're dapped you're dapped, when you're no you're not - simply changing the dap policy to once you consume you're specified bandwidth for the month, you're access is terminated until the next month's cycle or you buy more.

Feel better?

Those of us who've learned to live within our monthly data allotments would have no problem with that new policy.
Photo of Brian Shackelford

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes

I just don't think people realize the true implications of the government getting involved in things.  I remember all my friends looking at me saying that my insurance would go down and offer more services with the ACA - another document that got passed without being available for reasonable review. 

I now pay 3 times as much per month for health insurance that is $6000.00 more in deductible per year BEFORE the copays are available and my total out of pocket is 12x what it used to be.  And the coverage is about half of what it used to be fro services.  That is for a family coverage.

If the FCC rules have even close to the same effect on the internet, then I am guessing the few things people complain about currently will be the least of concerns.  Careful what you ask for.....you might just get it...

As for me, I was satisfied with things with both Exede and my health plan.  Now time can only tell what will happen.

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3131 Posts
  • 2014 Reply Likes
For all those praising the passage of some secret document, well over 300 pages, that your internet experience will be so much better, expect this to come as additional cost. 

A few "Fees", but not called taxes:

Government Internet Access Fee
Governmental Administrative Fee
An assortment of other fees, yet unannounced.

If you want to see what I am talking about here, just look at your telephone bill.

• 3131 Posts
  • 2014 Reply Likes
One way for a person to increase their data usage, and reach their data cap quickly, is to post the same message in every thread on this forum. 

Although each post uses little data, even pennies become dollars if you have enough of them.
Photo of Rene Moreno

Rene Moreno

• 48 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

I called and talked with an exede representative a few days ago about the issues of websites and links being blocked.  We spoke for about 30 minutes, I described the problem in great detail to which he repeatedly responded by saying, "you need to buy more data" .  He admitted to very slow speeds, blackouts, websites and link blockage after data cap was reached.

When I purchased the contract.  I was told that speeds would reduce to 250kb/s after data cap was reached and assured that internet connection would continue to operate normally with no blockages.  Normal speeds would resume after month cycle.

Unfortunately for me and many other subscribers who complain about the same issues, were misinformed and no have to deal with blocked content.

If exede really wants to succeed, it really needs to put a stop to blocked content online when consumer data caps are reached.  Otherwise the company will be taken over by other ISP competitors who offer better plans with no blocked content.

I cannot wait any longer for new companies to come around here offering way better internet services.

Thanks,

Good luck to you.

Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Hello Rene, I have reviewed and responded to your comments on Facebook and look forward to helping you out of your DAP status. Look forward to hearing from you.
(Edited)
Photo of Nathan Ross

Nathan Ross

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I'm sick of exede blocking sites like youtube. It doesn't matter if I don't have any high speed bandwidth left I should still be able to access the site. I'm also sick of Exede cutting access to the internet intermittently to reduce speeds.
Photo of Rene Moreno

Rene Moreno

• 48 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

I agree with you Nathan.

We don't live in a 3rd world country to be facing internet blocking issues.

I don't mind the slow speeds, its the website and links blockage that's unlawful.

Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
If you don't like it just find another system, and no I don't work for exede so this is my opinion, no one here can please you so do something that fits your needs. And be happy.
Photo of Rene Moreno

Rene Moreno

• 48 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Its not about data management., the issue is blocked sites and links by exede when data cap is reached. 
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1081 Reply Likes
Listen to yourself;  "when the data cap is reached"
You've spent your subscribed allotment.  You got what you paid for.  Exede will sell you more if you really need it or are that desperate.

At the point you maxed-out Exede still allows common web surfing and the like but binary downloads and media streaming are cut.  You pay for a measured quantity of data and when it's used up, don't complain, buy more.

BTW, it's going to take the mods awhile to clean up the mess you've made of  this place and do you complain that your car should keep running after it runs out of gas too?

• 3130 Posts
  • 2014 Reply Likes
Exede really does not block any sites unless they are deemed inappropriate or might cause infection of their network. When you are DAP'd, and cannot get to a site, it is because the site you are trying to get on is not allowing access because of low speeds and the latency that satellite signals have. It is easy to just blame Exede for everything, but there are other factors that enter into accessing a website.

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Craig,

BTW, it's going to take the mods awhile to clean up the mess you've made of  this place and do you complain that your car should keep running after it runs out of gas too?
I know I do... whenever I run out of gas I file a complaint with the Department of Transportation against Toyota despite the fact my owner's manual tells me my truck is unusable once I've exhausted my gas tank unless going down hill and then it's pretty hard to steer and brake with no power  ;)

But then again it hasn't happened in while (like 40 years) - the first time it happened I sort of learned how to manage my gas consumption and buy more when necessary.        
(Edited)
Photo of Danielbo

Danielbo

• 154 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
You are right, I cant tell you how many letters I have wrote to GMC about my car just stopping and they said I  would get 32 mpg. I put a gallon of gas in just before I left the house too. 
Photo of Nathan Ross

Nathan Ross

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
No one would really waist their time defending a company like Exede, this seems like astroturfing, Their is no way to reasonably manage 10 or even 25 gb of data for an internet connection. My only options for internet when I purchased were satellite and dial up and now I have a two year contract. Its ridiculous that I have a phone line and can't get DSL, Its more ridiculous that I have a data connection but the provider blocks content, when I'm out of my "high speed data limit" throttle my speed but blocking certain sites and content will soon thankfully be a thing of the past. I don't give a shit about exede or its share holders pockets. The product is decent, but the data caps are too low, the content blocking is unacceptable, intermittent connectivity due to exceeding my high speed data cap is unacceptable. This isn't about wanting the high speeds that are advertised, this  is about wanting a throttled connection that doesn't block content.

I think the the FCC needs to start regulating the term "High speed internet" as well 
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
I have been using exede for almost 2 years and can't wait until cable comes to this area, that being said as for satellite service it doesn't get any better than this. I am very happy even pleased with the performance of there service, Like everyone else I am waiting on the rollover but until then I'm happy. Of coarse I control what data I get and can keep a eye on it. There's no dough in my mind people were told up front like I was when you run out of data things are going to slow way down. When this happens just buy more or you can waite. This is my only complaint and why they need roll over. I don't mind buying another gig but hate giving that away when It doesn't get all used.
Photo of Nathan Ross

Nathan Ross

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Well, so sad that net neutrality will be coming, making these practices illegal. The astroturfing probably won't stop in order to reduce complaints. Point is the standard is coming down the pipe because ISP like exede have been screwing its customers for years. When I pay for service I don't just pay for 10 Gigs at the normal speed, I also pay for unlimited connectivity at slower speeds. I don't know whey any customer would bother wasting their data limit on this forum defending the pockets of stockholders just so the numbers look better.
Photo of Rene Moreno

Rene Moreno

• 48 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Nathan,

I agree with you 100%.  I m waiting for new reputable Internet providers to offer better services around here.

Thanks.

Photo of Nathan Ross

Nathan Ross

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Just talked to a local ISP company yesterday, this summer they're running Fiber to my house :-D
Photo of Danielbo

Danielbo

• 154 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
I have a question. I have both Dish Net and Exede. I pay a little more of my TV then I do for my internet. Why is that? The TV I a getting maybe 200 channels, and internet I am really dealing with just one. I can turn to a channel and get the weather and forecast in just a second, where as Exede it take about a minute or so. The Dish Net is getting information back and forth, plus live and in seconds. I a sure there is a bunch more people on Dish then Exede. Dish doesn't cap my usage, the TV can stay on day and night, constantly getting information and never a issue from Dish, but I get notices from Exede that I am getting close to my limit. I can change channels with no wait time, plus its ever changing. I can not do this with the internet, even going to the same web site more then once I still have to wait for it to load. Do you ever see the Dish Net have issues and say its because of congestion. I am getting up to the minute, changing information from the Dish. So why is it that internet is so expensive, plus caps your usage and when you service slows down its congestion. I couldn't tell you how many more people that is on the Dish then is on Exede,  but I am sure it is triple. But your speed on TV doesn't slow down at all even if everyone is on the same channel, like for the super bowl. My picture never changed in quality even with the amount of people what was on the same channel at the same time. They send service directly to my house, the same as Exede. If I want a movie, I can click on it and then start watching it, Internet you wait, buffering. Why is there so many issues with internet service, where Dish I have not had any, other then snow, and I could have the same with Exede. Why is for a few more dollars a month, I really get so much more from the dish TV, which I really have Direct TV and never have to worry about my service slowing down. I am getting solid streaming video's for a little bit more. I makes no sense why we have all these rules and restrictions for internet and pay just about the same for both. Why is there so many issue with internet congestion and speed. Internet this is all you hear about with the internet. Dish net I am sure takes care of the issue if as their users increase in size, whey cant Exede do something to take care of this issue.
Photo of david

david, Champion

• 558 Posts
  • 395 Reply Likes
Information is NOT going back and forth with Dish. Everyone is getting the same info. You could have 10 billion people getting Dish and it would make no difference as they are only sending out one data stream to everyone..

With Exede each subscriber has an individual 2 way data stream.
Photo of Danielbo

Danielbo

• 154 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
Why is it that I can enter my zip code or what ever zip code I wont on one channel and it will give me the weather for that area, if communication is not going back and forth and my neighbor can put another zip code in and both of us will be seeing the weather for different areas at the same time, even on the same channel, if I am not on a separate beam? I know that is only on channel. I am just asking, not to start a issue. I just makes me wonder, and I am so sick of hearing everything is blamed on congestion. If the system can not handle the amount of people then they oversold what they can handle,which is unfair to us.  

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Danielbo,

Satellite TV is only one way transmission (to you're dish). All of the weather information is available in the transmission. When you enter a ZIP code or codes the receiver just processes that part of the signal  for the the ZIP Codes you've entered  - or something like that. Basically the same goes for all the channels and all you're doing is filtering what you want to watch.

Off hand we're not talking a large number of channels - however if they were web sites we'd be talking about some 883,419,935 channels according to a recent survey by Netcraft - more if you want to break it down to web pages.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.