Failure to launch

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
We had a power failure last night and this morning the Viasat modem was not functioning and the Viasat browser would not restart. Repowering the modem and reinstalling the browser are not good solutions. You have design problems that need to be addressed.
Photo of Steve Griffis

Steve Griffis

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • disappointed

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3128 Posts
  • 2013 Reply Likes
Shutting down the modem by unplugging from the power outlet, waiting a few minutes, and then plugging back in will usually correct the problem.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
What exactly does a piece of software based on a Chronium platform have to do with a power outage.
Photo of Steve Griffis

Steve Griffis

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
After the power outage, the Viasat modem did not recover.  I feel it should not have needed a second power cycle to recover.  I've seen this with other appliances.  They are up and running after the outage, sort of, but fail to self-realize they are not fully up and running.

And, the outage killed the Viasat browser when the computer died and could not be restarted when the computer came back up.  Viasat had me uninstall and reinstall the app.  This is the Microsoft solution to all problems.  I would like Viasat to be better!
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Then maybe you should run Linux or get a Mac. The Viasat browser is only as good as the OS it is running on.