Trouble with Exede Voice

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need for further response.

Exede let me down. They should have ported over my telephone number when I signed up for voice service. I cancelled my old AT and T account two months after I signed up for excede. When I signed up, I asked if there was anything that I needed to do to keep my current phone number and they told me that they would take care of it. They did not. They didn't even tell me what number they gave us or that we would need wireless telephones to get more than one to work. They tried to make me think that this was all my fault. It was their responsibility. I am not happy with this scam.
Photo of Suzan Mccoury

Suzan Mccoury

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
I'm sorry Yes they should have ported your number for you (after a telephone verification process you would need to do to get it ported. But even in the promotional video, they state that you can use wireless phones to get phones in other rooms so, you should have know that only one phone can actually be connected to the voice adapter.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Suzan,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your voice service.  I will be more than happy to discuss the process with you.  Please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your telephone number and the best time to call.  Thanks.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3178 Posts
  • 2046 Reply Likes
Suzan, I have had Exede Voice for a year, and love the service.  Exede should have ported your old number for you.  You should also have received an email from Exede listing the phone number and your account number.  I use a combination of wireless phones AND hard wired phones in my house.  All I had to do is to disconnect the  connection from my phone company where it entered the house, and then plug the Exede Voice modem into my home phone wiring with a standard phone cable. 
Photo of Julie

Julie

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
When we moved over from Metrocast to Exede, our number was not getting ported for over a month either. WE had issues as well. Metrocast was refusing Exede the approval with our account number and password to be able to port the number over. We had to personally call Metrocast for Exede to tell Metrocast Exede had approval to request the port (as they had the notes in their system) and to remove the denial. So they did and they still didn't do it a week later.  So, we just took Metrocast out of the equation and obtained a new number. It was awful! We have had no problems since, except slow speed since we live by the water and in/out of service all day long, every day where we live.  
Photo of kjboxers

kjboxers

• 53 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
After 4 wks of issues with trying to get my phone number ported to exede voice I finally had to give up and change my number to get voice to work at all. So after losing my long time phone number (had that number for 25 yrs), now I learn I cannot call out to certain phone numbers. I know the numbers I'm attempting to call out to are good numbers but I keep getting recordings to check my number and dial again. One of the numbers is my daughters number and I cannot even call her. I tried just now to call a number that I also know is a "good" number because THEY just Called ME.. but if I try to call them back I get that same "check your number and try again" recording. What does it take to get Exede to work.? after all the trouble I had and finally had to give up with Exedes number porting trouble and now I can't even dial out to phone numbers that I KNOW ARE WORKING NUMBERS.. This service is just as bad as the service I left  if not worse.. 
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
kjboxers,

We have a team that specializes in troubleshooting issues with your Exede Voice service. Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account information and we can have an agent from our Voice Tech team look into this issue. Thanks.
ExedeCrystal
Photo of Lakita Haulcy

Lakita Haulcy

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

I am having trouble with my services as well. I am not able to call any numbers that are working. I have exceed voice and internet service and I am constantly having problems with the service. I am really not satisfied with and I am seriously considering going back to my old company for phone and internet service. I did not have any problems with them at all.

Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Lakita,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Voice service.  If you send me a email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account information, I will address your concerns with our Support Team. I look forward to helping you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.