Service trouble

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need of further response at current time.

I am so sick of this data monitoring and me supposedly going over my limit... And now tonight I can't even connect to the internet.... So much for the free period from 12-5... Stupid modem just keeps blinking. I've followed the instructions to reset it... Ridiculous! I can't wait til our contract is up to switch.
Photo of Lori Bennett

Lori Bennett

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • pissed off

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of ExedeSherry

ExedeSherry

• 85 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Lori,
Sorry that you are having connectivity issues. Our tech team is available to assist even during the free zone. They are available 24/7, and can be reached at 855-463-9333. If you are still having issues, please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information, and the best time to reach you when you are at home, near your equipment for troubleshooting. Thank you.

Photo of Lori Bennett

Lori Bennett

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I am seriously considering paying whatever the fee is to cancel our service early... I can't do anything on the internet without going over our limit. We got this internet because of Directv and they have s great feature of letting you watch old episodes of TV shows... Well that takes up a crapload of data so I can't even do it! So what's the point?!?!?! I can't enjoy the services that I pay for!!!!!!!!!
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Lori,
We do want you to able to enjoy the services you pay for. I can assist you with managing your data usage so you will be able to enjoy your services. I can also give you some tips about taking advantage of the Late Night Free Zone for you movie downloads. Please email us at exedelistens@viasat.com. Thanks, ExedeCrystal

Photo of Mandy LaMarche

Mandy LaMarche

• 10 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hello! I to am having the same exact problem/issues! I am only into my second month of service. My very first month all our data was used up by the end of week 2! When I called to order this service I specifically told the Exede rep that we had 3 people who needed to be able to stream, skype, music, photos, and anything else a person needs to do. I also informed him that I love watching my shows and movies On Demand. Direct TV is great, but like. Lori I can't use the services I pay for. I was told by the rep, "no problem, you'll have more than enough data and be able to do all of that". Umm... So not true! I have called twice, and the only thing I can do is pay $10 for 1GB of data. Are they Serious? To do that would add a minimum of an extra $100 per month to my bill! On my follow up calls I was told the first rep who I ordered service from never should have told me I would be able to do what I need to do. Ok... So is this a Bait and Switch? I'm very upset and now they tell me I'm stuck in this contract of which they can't deliver what I was promised?
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Mandy,
I would be happy to help you manage your data and find a plan that will work better for you and your family. If you are on the 10 GB plan, you may want to consider a plan with more data. Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account information. We are here to help.
Thanks, ExedeCrystal

Photo of Paul W Moore

Paul W Moore

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Don't buy more data. I have the next HIGHER plan and it sucks too. My upload is on a permanent 30 day data cycle. Never resets. 
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3268 Posts
  • 2105 Reply Likes
If you are on Wildblue, that is true.  Wildblue uses the 30 rolling cycle for data display/measurement.  Only those on an Exede plan get reset on their billing date.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
ANY limited bandwidth service is NOT for streaming large ammounts of video or audio or for lots of downloading and uploading.

We do have the LNFZ for Excede (Not for Wildblue) and can schedule things to download then to watch later. There are task schedulers that let you set up downloads for the LNFZ so you donlt have to stay up to do the download.

As for on demand, no, that is not good on metered bandwidth, that streams HD video immidiately and HD is a bandwidth killer.
Photo of Paul W Moore

Paul W Moore

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I like it when they tell you to contact them and they will help you with the problem. That where they tell you it is your fault that you use to much data. Total BS. Just tell the answer as a reply. Don't try to hide the answer. Other people are having the same problem.
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Paul,
I can't speak for those you've talked to before but if you're having troubles, I'd be happy to help. As long as no personal or account information is shared, we can do it on here if you'd like..
Exede Kimberly

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.