austin kastner

• 27 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes

You're not going to get a terabyte of data per month so you'll just have to turn off Netflix and it's auto-start when you go to bed.

I have the 150Gb Freedom plan and haven't used it all in any month yet that I've had it.  I have Netflix, Hulu, KeckTV, TubiTV and also watch YouTube vids.  If Exede offers a 250GB plan I wouldn't get it.  Who lives in front of their computer 24-7?? 

Photo of Hfcomms

Hfcomms

• 105 Posts
  • 142 Reply Likes
Here's another idea.  Move back to town and get back on cable or fiber Internet service and you'll get a lot closer to your wish.  There is no such thing as a 'free' lunch somebody has to pay for it and there is no such thing as unlimited data....somebody has to pay for it.

The new satellite may have double the capacity of the existing satellite but how quick do you think that capacity will be used up if they provide you unlimited data?  They do that it will slow down to a crawl again as the pigs at the trough elbow each other out.  Even if Exede was to offer such a plan it would be so expensive in order to restrict how many people are using the plan that it would be unaffordable to most of us.
Photo of Rae Yearnd

Rae Yearnd

• 26 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
When you drive through town, any town or city big or small take a look on the roofs of every gas station, convenience store, dollar store,and restaurant. You may see 3 or four generations of Satellite communications gear just waiting to fall through the roof. Some of those systems were used for card transactions, ordering, inventory and cash control,, some were just musak and in store advertising links. Now with DSL and Cable,  most are either decommissioned or a backup, but the fact remains that no commerce in this country runs without data at its core.
ViaSat's consumer business is what we talk about here,, but there is also their Airline Business, Government and Military contracts,,  The success of those enterprises will hopefully bring down costs and improve service for the consumer side of things.
I well remember when Exede service was rolled out,  It was to be humble in my description Revolutionary,, I hope that all of us will soon be returning to those days soon.  
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3121 Posts
  • 1100 Reply Likes
As others have stated this is unlikely due to the technology. The satellites have a finite amount of bandwidth and that's why caps are imposed. However with ViaSat 2 once it's ready to get everyone serviced we are looking at plans with much more robust limits and catered more towards activities like streaming video. It won't be unlimited but I think once we're ready to make announcements we'll be able to offer plans a lot of customers have been asking for.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.