Exede Silver 25 150 unlimited

• Praise
  • Updated 6 months ago
Exede Silver 25  unlimited, is working very well for me and my family. At first, I was worried that after the initial 150 gb. that speeds would drastically reduce. I have seen some very slow speed from time to time. However, the majority of the day is very good. I'm very confident all unlimited seems to be very good.
Photo of Mark Roddy

Mark Roddy

• 14 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
  • confident

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 992 Posts
  • 323 Reply Likes
Always good to hear. When speeds were really slow, how slow were we talking about?
Photo of Mark Roddy

Mark Roddy

• 14 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Unlimited is not unlimited..Well, I spoke to soon on my last praise report.. I once again,can't even log on into a speed test site. Just got off the phone with a very bright, Exede tech. He said, he can't tell me why I can't keep a usable speed. He said my speed is random from 19 mbps to .1 mbps, as he sees it on his end. He said that after the 150 gb, that I've used all of my monthly unlimited plan data. So, Exede's definition of unlimited is not unlimited as it reads in the dictionary. Class action anyone?
Photo of Mark Roddy

Mark Roddy

• 14 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
OH! It just came to me. I get it now. The Silver 150 gb unlimited plan, is unlimited during the first 150 gigabytes.
Photo of Mark Roddy

Mark Roddy

• 14 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hi Bradley,  When I got so upset the other night, the speed had dropped to ( .2 mbps) point two. This happen in the 7 PM, thru about 11 PM and cleared up. What I call good speed is between 5 and 17 mbps. I never have seen a speed of 25 mbps. yet. Not saying it isn't sometimes that fast. Again, this morning around 7 AM, speed dropped down low. .02 or .2. Can't remember for sure. Thanks for your interest. Mark
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 188 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
You will not see 25 mbps speeds until viasat2 comes online most likely
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 989 Posts
  • 320 Reply Likes
Well there is no streaming at those speeds. Keep us informed if you see trends. I’ve been worried that prime time will become unusable, but outside that time will be normal speeds. It’s called prime time for a reason. People like me are home and using the service.
Photo of Mark Roddy

Mark Roddy

• 14 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Oh OK.  I'll keep up with the launch.
Photo of Cindy Berryman King Orloff

Cindy Berryman King Orloff

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
When will the viasat2 come out and will this help everyone or only certain area??
(Edited)
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 675 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
The official answer is "early 2018" for VS2 to come online.  It's footprint is centered around the east cost, but it does cover the lower 48.  I don't believe it will cover Hawaii or Alaska.  It should help those on the current satellite, as there will most likely be customers migrating from VS1 to VS2.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 975 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
Any relation to why we are seeing lots of posts about current plan offerings being reduced?