Exede Easy Care - Documenting My Experience on Beam 329

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
I called Exede Customer Support last night after losing Internet several times and seeing terrible speeds while still under priority data.  I had previously been in contact with a support Engineer and he advised me that I would need a service call as my signal levels were low and my cable resistance was high.  I called in and the support person I spoke with agreed that I should have a service call and he offered me the choice to pay $95.00 for the call or to sign up for the Easy Care plan.  I didn't see a downside to the Easy Care since it is cheaper in the long run as one single service call costs the same as 15.85976627712855 months of Easy Care.

Unfortunately at the time they could not schedule a call as no appointments were available.  That as the bad news.  The good news was that since I was now a premier support customer with a shiny new Easy Care plan they would escalate the call to get something scheduled.  I was told I would hear back in the next 72 business hours (equals 9 days btw).  I was pleasantly surprised to get a call today to schedule my service call.

I am now setup for a call on March 25th.  Wait.....did you read that right?  Yes you did.  The earliest service call appointment they have is March 25th!  That is 16 days away from today - assuming that the service folks show up on that day (before anyone says anything - read the forums - it happens). 

So either there are a LOT of Easy Care subscribers in my area, a LOT of new installs in my area which are more profitable than a service call, or there aren't very many service providers in the area (doubtful since I see Exede signs everywhere I go right now in our area).

So now my question to Exede while I wait for this service call and continue to experience sub-par service - what do you do for your customers that cannot properly use your service while waiting for a service call?  Unlike cable modems or other traditional providers, we can't just go out and buy new equipment or point the antennae ourselves (OK we *could* - I have the directions - but it would not be in my best interest to do so since I recognize my limitations)..

Fortunately I can use my service, I just have to keep watching the connection drop as I am trying to work. Oddly enough this only started around 3.02.2016 which incidentally is the exact same time Liberty was dropped as an offering for new customers and Classic was added back - ie. - Plan changed on the Beam.  Probably a coincidence, but every time plans change on my Beam I see problems like this.  Hopefully the service call will fix it, but I am skeptical at the moment.  We will wait to see what happens.

On a side note, I love the new tool.  Nice shine red symbol next to Signal Quality and Yellow next to equipment.

I will update as I receive updates
Photo of Brian Shackelford

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Brian Shackelford

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
To update this thread with a relevant comment, my last several interactions with support have been MUCH better.  I can say that so far, except for the rocky interactions due to the changes in the Liberty Pass enforcement and front line support not being aware of it, that overall signing up for the Easy Care has been one of the better decisions I have made.