Exede Easy Care - Documenting My Experience on Beam 329

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
I called Exede Customer Support last night after losing Internet several times and seeing terrible speeds while still under priority data.  I had previously been in contact with a support Engineer and he advised me that I would need a service call as my signal levels were low and my cable resistance was high.  I called in and the support person I spoke with agreed that I should have a service call and he offered me the choice to pay $95.00 for the call or to sign up for the Easy Care plan.  I didn't see a downside to the Easy Care since it is cheaper in the long run as one single service call costs the same as 15.85976627712855 months of Easy Care.

Unfortunately at the time they could not schedule a call as no appointments were available.  That as the bad news.  The good news was that since I was now a premier support customer with a shiny new Easy Care plan they would escalate the call to get something scheduled.  I was told I would hear back in the next 72 business hours (equals 9 days btw).  I was pleasantly surprised to get a call today to schedule my service call.

I am now setup for a call on March 25th.  Wait.....did you read that right?  Yes you did.  The earliest service call appointment they have is March 25th!  That is 16 days away from today - assuming that the service folks show up on that day (before anyone says anything - read the forums - it happens). 

So either there are a LOT of Easy Care subscribers in my area, a LOT of new installs in my area which are more profitable than a service call, or there aren't very many service providers in the area (doubtful since I see Exede signs everywhere I go right now in our area).

So now my question to Exede while I wait for this service call and continue to experience sub-par service - what do you do for your customers that cannot properly use your service while waiting for a service call?  Unlike cable modems or other traditional providers, we can't just go out and buy new equipment or point the antennae ourselves (OK we *could* - I have the directions - but it would not be in my best interest to do so since I recognize my limitations)..

Fortunately I can use my service, I just have to keep watching the connection drop as I am trying to work. Oddly enough this only started around 3.02.2016 which incidentally is the exact same time Liberty was dropped as an offering for new customers and Classic was added back - ie. - Plan changed on the Beam.  Probably a coincidence, but every time plans change on my Beam I see problems like this.  Hopefully the service call will fix it, but I am skeptical at the moment.  We will wait to see what happens.

On a side note, I love the new tool.  Nice shine red symbol next to Signal Quality and Yellow next to equipment.

I will update as I receive updates
Photo of Brian Shackelford

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 159 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Brian - I hate to say anything for fear of the jinx, but I have not noticed any change in service since the plan change offerings that you mention. I cannot believe those wait times!
Photo of Lake Country Satellite

Lake Country Satellite, Champion

• 140 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Brian where are you located? We are an Elite Dealer in the same beam and may be able to help. Give me a call 434-374-8558.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Thanks for the offer, but I looked up your address and see that you are probably a couple hours away from me.  I am about 30 to 40 minutes north west of Richmond.  I will be hoping for the best with the current service call.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
It seems I have been able to partially resolve the atennae pointing issue by simply going through and checking everything again.  I found that the arm that holds the receiver on the dish has an ever so small about of play in it and when I had previously disconnected the cable to check the end it must have shifted ever so slightly.  By barely pushing on the arm, it shifted back and signal quality is back to normal.  Hopefully when the tech comes out they can assure that it is properly mounted and tightened down properly.  For the record, I did not loosen anything outside of disconnecting and reconnecting the cable to the receiver.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
After investigating things, I think the cable to where the modem is may be causing the attenuation issues we are having.  I am guess we may have to re-run the cable to a different part of the house to shorten the cable run.  Good news is that it is probably an easy fix.  Bad news this is something I could do myself, but it is cheaper to let the Exede tech take care of it when he or she comes out.  This will also allow us to ensure that the dish is aligned as best it can be, although after my adjustment documented above, my Rx SNR stays between 8.3 and 9.1 depending on the weather.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Just an update as promised regarding the service call placed using the Easy Care add-on service with Exede.  First off, I doubt I would have been able to get an appointment without signing up for Easy Care due the apparently very busy schedule the techs in the area are keeping.  Once signed up for Easy Care, they escalated the scheduling and I was able to get an appointment 16 days out.  That date was March 25th.  The appointment was between 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM (or it may have been 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM - either way I took the day off to make sure I was home for the call).

I received a call the day before confirming the appointment for the call and was told they would call 30 minutes ahead of coming.  On Friday the techs actually showed up before calling simply due to the fact that their previous call was only few minutes away and they were going to call on the way but were at my house prior to making the call.  No big deal as I was outside working already anyway.

Once they arrived (two vehicles as there was a tech in training along as well), it only took about an hour.  They replaced the grounding block as well as re-pointed the dish and took measures to ensure it would not shift again.  After taking these actions, cable resistance dropped to 2.5 ohms (was 4.5 ohms when they arrived) and the receive SNR on the modem is now aroun 9.5 whereas it was 8.5 when they arrived.

The techs were professional and very knowledgeable about the setup, common issues, and diagnosing and troubleshooting the problem.  I would overall rate the service A+.  Techs stayed and ran various tests for about 30 minutes after fixing to ensure that the things stayed working properly before leaving.

Since the call everything has been working very well and even though it is cloudy and raining tonight my SNR is still at 9.0 ohms.  

Bottom line is that it seems the service call was definitely worth it.  Speeds are better and connection is steady.  Modem has been online with no loss of sync since the service call.

The only thing I still have not received is the "dedicated" support number reserved for Easy Care customers.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
After the service call on 3.25.2016 things were working great.  Then on 3.28.2016 I experienced extremely slow speeds (sub 200 Kbps in some instances) and called into customer care.

I was told "You are over your priority data.  Since you are over your priority data you may experience slower speeds.  As you continue to use data on the Liberty Pass you may find that it gets slower and slower and may get to the point where it will not work at all.  Your data on the Liberty Pass is a lower priority than those that have Priority Data remaining.  You have used X Percentage over your Priority Data and so you are seeing the slowness you are experiencing"

Meanwhile I was attempting to communicate with the person on the phone that I already understood what she was reading as I have read it myself many times and there is a 4 page thread on this forum already documenting any and all concerns, questions, experiences, etc regarding the Liberty Pass.  Yet, she kept reading the scripted response. 

In the MyEsvt tool it obviously showed some issues on my connection.  It showed Red on the following:

Gateway (Physical)
IP Layer
Web Acceleration

For my Peer subscribers all showed normal, however on mine all three were red.  It took several attempts just to get the MyEsvt tool to load.  Understandable as I was obviously having some connectivity issues.

Yet, despite that the Exede Technical Support person I spoke to insisted it was simply due to me being over my Priority Data.  I expressed that I have been on Liberty since November and this was not the "normal" over priority data slowness that I should be seeing - even in the most congested of times.  This was as bad a Christmas day - possibly worse at a few points.  She then went on to re-iterate that since I was over so much it will continue to get slower and slower and may not work at some point.

Then she did say that their support systems were having some issues.  Wait, she first checks and says nothing is wrong and it is because I am over my data, then reiterates there are no problems on my connection, and then finally expresses they may be having some problems with the support systems but that it is not causing my slowness?  I was very polite and simply trying to get her to understand where I was coming from, however the phone call dropped.  I will attribute that to the problems at the support center since the alternative (got hung up on) is rather distasteful to consider.  I did call back to get the Easy Care dedicated support number for the next time I have to call in.

On 3.29.2016 things are running normally again.  Same today 3.30.2016 things are still running normally (as in it is about what I have been used to on the Liberty Pass). 

I am very, very tired of calling support and always having the very first line they read to me is that I am over my Priority Data and need to live with it.  I get it, I used more than 10 GB of data.  In fact I have used a lot more than 10 GB data, however I have used LESS than I used to when I had un-metered access from 12:00 AM to 5:00 AM on the Classic Plan.  On the Classic Plan I would regularly schedule HD Movie recordings with PlayNow / PlayLater for viewing later, I would schedule huge downloads, and do many other tasks that I know blew my current usage out of the water. 

Tech support is used to dealing with people that are not used to Satellite Internet.  I understand that too. That all being said, I wish that users that know what they are talking about, have some experience with things could have an educated conversation with support rather than being told they are wrong and the issue is always "you've gone over your priority data"  If you are not in Priority Data and have a problem, then it seems you can forget getting any real assistance as it is continuously blamed on you being over and congestion.

Well it is like going to a Dr.  You tell the Dr. I know myself and I know that this pain is not normal.  The Dr. says it is normal. You say no, it is not.  I know normal.  I know I have some issues, however this new pain in my knee is not normal.  The Dr. insists it is and refuses to diagnose any further.   This little comparison is my repeated experience with Exede support except for two of my support calls, after which the person I spoke with actually listened, the problems were resolved and indeed turned out to be a problem on Exede's end and not because I was over my Priority Data.

So, bottom line.  When you call support:

1.  Make sure you still have Priority Data, otherwise you tend to get treated as a second class citizen or made to feel as if you are an offender.

2.  Keep regular speed test logs.  The only way I have been able to convince support that the problem was NOT me being over Priority Data is to keep logs and show the tech support reps that my current experience IS NOT normal.

3.  Don't even try to interrupt the representative as they go through the obligatory "you are over your data so may experience slower speeds....."  Just listen.  Insisting you realize this and understand how this all works and this is not normal does not work 

4.  Once the support rep finishes reading the script, go ahead and give them a chance to check things on your modem.  When they insist nothing is wrong, ask for a supervisor.  This is the only way I have been able to really get anywhere with support except in two instances.

5.  When the supervisor says nothing is wrong, go ahead get a name, log the date, time, and details of the call and keep that handy.  

6.  If the problem does not mysteriously clear up the next day (happened to me at least twice), call back and repeat steps 2-5.  If you have Priority Data then it is easier to accomplish.  Without this, nearly every time it gets blamed on the congestion and the fact you are out of Priority Data. 

On my call, the representative could not explain why I have had  the same experience on Liberty Pass for several months and suddenly was barely even able to get to anything on the internet.  Her explanation was that I had gone too far over my priority data and therefore the connection must be slowing down and again said "it may stop working" 

Please Exede - train your reps and help them understand your plans and features.  Users and customers should not have to feel like they need to make a case for assistance.

Of course, compared to the other satellite provider Exede's support is the gold standard.

This is my experience as a Easy Care subscriber although I did not have the phone number for Easy Care (seems they do not have that anywhere - took a supervisor almost 5 minutes to locate it).

Hope this helps inform others of some of the ins and outs of support.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Easy care service call #2 - 

After the first service call everything seemed resolved....until my wife heard a weird sound over by where the modem sits and suddenly was having many problems again.  Called in on a Wednesday or Thursday and they walked through a few things and the tech was out that Saturday.  He showed up within the specified window of time and swapped out the modem and now things are back to normal.

He did find where the grounding wire was not connected on the dish side of the connection - which then points back to the original install.  Things are back to working like I would expect and I am hoping we will not have to make a third call back.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3006 Posts
  • 1249 Reply Likes
Brian, did you get the dedicated phone number for easy care? If not it should be near the bottom of your account management page - it is on mine.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
It wasn't there yesterday, however after just now logging in (and it taking after the 3rd attempt - seems site is still having problems), I see the number now.  I had previously gotten it from the standard support line.
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2573 Posts
  • 1583 Reply Likes
Bev, I added Easy Care a week ago, and I never received the priority phone  number. I just checked my account management page and there is no priority phone  number there. 

Just another one of those not well implemented changes that Exede has made.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3006 Posts
  • 1249 Reply Likes
It's in the lower right corner of the main account page, right below the Chat, Email, Phone buttons. It says "Priority Service With Easy Care" and has a little shooting star beside it with the number below the text. I won't post that number here because I assume it's reserved for Easy Care Subscribers only but, I'm sure the moderators could give it to you via email.
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2573 Posts
  • 1583 Reply Likes
Thanks Bev, I didn't look in the right place.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
So the only issue I have with the last service call is that the tech left the bad modem with me and said to send it back.  Now just where should I send it and are they expecting it?  I am guessing I get the luxury of also paying for the shipping?

Not to sure as there has not been any communication via a followup call from Exede regarding this procedure.  All the tech said is that he was supposed to leave it with me.

Anyone have some insight into this?
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3006 Posts
  • 1249 Reply Likes
Call customer service at 855-463-9333. Tell them what the tech said and, that you still have the faulty modem. Request a return shipping box. They should send one to you, then it's just a phone call to arrange for pick up, or drop it off at a UPS center near you, whichever works best for you.

(had to do that when my idiot step son dropped a tree on my dish, I had to send the broken Tria back and tech left no box but, customer support sent me a box with a paid shipping label .)

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Third attempt calling Easy Care support is a strikeout for Exede.  Problems with the Equipment Cable and ODU is back again.  Only checked it as I noticed packet loss and other signs of a problem - including the speed test not running.  First call to support seemed to be going well.  Very wonderful woman on the phone who after going through some initial troubleshooting steps was ready to escalate to Tier 2 and schedule a service call.  Of course that was too good to be true.  Call got disconnected.

Some information on what was going on.  All afternoon the following indicators were on:
--------------------
Equipment (Cable & ODU - Due to cable resistance I am sure)
Packet Loss - Alternated between Red and Green
Throughput - Alternated between Red, Green, and Grey (never indicated anything)

The Problem has been detected that might be fixed by a Modem reboot was on.  Still is.  The Escalation indicator (Up Arrow) was on.
-----------------------

The call dropped during a full power cycle of modem and attached router (third time today, first calling into support).

Called back hoping beyond all hope to get the same woman I was originally speaking with.  Of course, that did not happen.

I was asked what was going on.  I explained that I was getting dropped packets, pages not loading, internet in general performing poorly.  Response from second person I spoke with - that is normal since I had exeded my Priority Data.  Really?  Packet Loss and Throughput indicating errors and the Equipment (Cable & ODU) warning was due to my exeding Priority Data.  I said - no. That is not the problem.  I have had this happen twice and both times the technician came out, replaced a piece of equipment and it was fixed.  I understand the slow speeds of Liberty, however to tell me pages should be timing out and packets should be dropping and that I should be getting sub 500 Kbps speeds - sometimes even slower because i was over my Priority Data WHEN THERE IS NO INDICATION OF CONGESTION ON THE SYSTEM AT THE TIME is absolutely wrong.

So he wanted to first transfer me to another group.  I am guessing it was a PC / Windows support type group.  This was until I told him to recheck the indicators after the modem and router finished coming online.  Originally after a reboot the indicators might be green, but soon the Equipment will go to Yellow and the others will then indicate a problem.

When he checked again, he said he would need to escalate the call to Tier 2 support.  I said that was fine, however can we go ahead and schedule a service call since sometimes it takes a while for them to get out - remember the first woman was already going to do this.  He said he could not since the problems I was having were normal due to me exceeding my data allocation and that Tier 2 would have to schedule the call.

I said no.  I know what is normal and what is not.  I have been on Liberty since November and even after going well over my priority data I did not have these issues unless the cable resistance was up on the modem.  He said speeds of 1 Mbps to 5 Mbps was normal with Liberty Pass (I agreed) and my issues were normal.  I said I really hate to argue with you, but no they are not.  Transfer me to your manager if you are not comfortable with scheduling a service request.  He put me on hold, told me he would transfer me, and then came back on the line and said the call was scheduled for April 25th and gave me a time.  I said go ahead and escalate it and we can cancel the call if need be, but he said no they just scheduled the call.

Why do the customers have to argue and push so hard to get the customer service they deserve from some support agents.  The first woman I spoke with handled it just like I would have if I was in her position.  Did the call drop from Exede's side on purpose due to fact she was handling it thw way she was and that was not acceptible?  I doubt it, but my second call in has be questioning things as it was definitely a trying time to get the second representative to listen to me.  Believe me I value people's time.  I value my own.  I have to take off of work a 2nd time during the day to meet the tech at the house.  I don't call in and request this just because I can.  I have a problem and I need it resolved.  The most infuriating part of this whole call was to have to repeatedly tell the representative that this was not normal.  I know what normal is.  This is not it.  It's like going to a Doctor with a broken leg and the Doctor saying walking slow is normal because you are getting old?  No, I am walking slow because my leg is broken.  The service is not working properly because something is wrong, not because I am over my Priority data.

So here is my new question. At what point will they kick a customer off of Easy Care?  This is my third call in 30 days - certainly not my fault - nor the fault of the techs as both instances the problems were resolved at the point they left, these issues just keep returning.  Thank goodness I don't have to pay the $95.00 per call, but what if someone came out, I didn't have easy care, would Exede cover the additional service calls if the problem returned as it has?

I can't blame the technician.  Both times equipment was replaced (grounding block 1st time and Modem 2nd time) the issues resolved and remained that way for a little bit.  First fix lasted about 2 weeks. This last fix lasted about 6 days.

I will update this once the call has been completed or I hear back from Tier 2 support.  

Exede - for the love of all things customer service, please tell your customer care representatives to stop telling everyone that every single problem we have is because we are over our Priority Data.  With the Liberty Pass -especially when there is no congestion - we should still expect to be able to browse without pages timing out on us and packet loss.  I do not like having to get insistent with service people who want to blame everything else instead of taking ownership of a problem.  The first woman I spoke with get super approval rating from me as she was taking ownership until we got disconnected.  The second rep only gave in probably because either the manager was too busy to talk to me or was told to by the manager just so they didn't have to get on the phone with me.  I am not sure.  If you want me to email my account info to exede listens I can do so, but only so that commendations can be given to the first person I spoke with.

Hopefully others are having a better experience with the Priority Dedicated support line Exede has set up. 
(Edited)

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Just wanted to add a screenshot of the MyEsvt for those to see what I was seeing when I called support.

Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 127 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
He told me that I need to call in the morning and talk to tier 2 support because he didn't know what was going on and tier 2 support left at 11
Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 127 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
He didn't know

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Bummer. I just pm'd someone. Not sure if I will get a response, but if so will post here. Let's hope Exede gets it resolved soon.
(Edited)

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
No response from my PM yet, however after rebooting the modem around 4:30 am I have internet again. Still have the equipment indicator on, however at least it is working somewhat at the moment.
Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 127 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
For me it started working again at 2 am
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3006 Posts
  • 1249 Reply Likes
Looks like you are in DAP and, something is amiss with your equipment or alignment as well as the web acceleration not working on you beam at the time of this view. You will probably need a service call to see what is wrong on your end.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Bev -

Read my short novel of a post before this one. I agree I need another service call. The problem is the second support rep I spoke with did not want to schedule it as he indicated all of the issues I was having was due to being over Priority Data and on Liberty Pass. This picture was to show what esvt was indicating at the time.

Thanks for the reply.
Photo of Carla Reeves

Carla Reeves

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I feelYou! This service is a joke. T he rep's except for a handfull are VERY RUDE!
Photo of Carla Reeves

Carla Reeves

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Out Of 15 that I was on phone with trying to make a payment. There were 4 that were GREAT. But it was a nightmare just to make a payment. Your out of luck if your card expires @ the end of month your making a payment for same month. Exede Huge Joke.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
The service company that will be running the scheduled call for me called today to verify the scheduling of the technician that will be coming onsite.  The dispatcher I spoke with did some further basic diagnosis with me and did confirm there was a problem somewhere with my cabling, Tria, or something else causing high resistance on the cable.  She said it should be under 3 Ohms to work properly and once it gets over that it starts having issues.  Additionally she uses service in the same beam and was experiencing the same issues with no internet and other problems.  So it does appear there was an issue on the Exede side (now that 3 people in our Beam have confirmed it), however neither myself or the other person that called in were ever told of any issues by support.

Anyway - hopefully we will get these issues squared away with the cabling / equipment at my location and from then on when there are problems we can be reasonably sure it is exede and not something at our house.

I will post further follow ups as they occur.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Just to update this thread.  Tech is coming out today.  Hopefully third time is a charm.  I will say so far my experience with calling into support has been a mixed bag.

I have been told so many different things that I am not sure what is accurate and what is not any more.  On person says one thing and another says another. 

I will update once the tech call has been completed as to whether the problem is fixed or not.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Awesome visit today from the technician that came out.  In fact so far, every tech that has come out has been awesome.  Seems to have resolved the problem.  I need to know where i can send a letter to let the corporate heads know of his thoroughness, professionalism, and service.

We will hope this fixes the issue for good.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
So to wrap up so far, I am impressed with the technicians that have come out so far.  It has taken 3 calls, but finally got the problem squared away.  

Some interesting points:
------------------------------------

The technicians that came out to work on this are focused on whether or not the parameters pass the specs for properly installed equipment.

In my case after replacing the grounding block the 1st time and the modem the 2nd time, my system was within specs when they left, lasted for about 2 weeks first time and 1 week second time and problems came back.  I cannot blame the technicians as everything met the specifications for "passing", but still did not work.

So the third time, after speaking with the tech, new cable was run, and what I believe finally fixed the issue was a new Tria was installed.  Cable resistance went to 0.5 Ohms and connection has been steady since.  So much appreciation to the Exede tech.

Note:  It seems my initial setup was faulty in that the Tria was no properly grounded when it was first installed (different tech) 3 years ago.  So this very well could have caused the failures of the Tria, Grounding Block, and Modem over time.

Now my question is - if I was not an Easy Care Customer would i have to have paid for each visit.  Or should customer just request essentially a reinstall of all equipment and cabling on a service call if they are paying out of pocket?
--------------------------------------

Now my criticisms:

While waiting for the service call my connection kept dropping offline - since this issue seems to be happening to others whose systems are not experiencing an equipment problem, I figured I should call in as even with the issues I was having before, I could still get on the internet.  

Tier 2 support first time just added 2 GB and said sometimes the modems have issues and this should fix it, but even in Liberty Pass mode I should still be able to connect and browse the internet.

Every night this continued, so I called every night.  On Saturday night Tier 2 was closed so I waiting until Sunday and asked for Tier 2 and she said everything was fine and all of my problems without a question were simply due to me being on the Liberty Pass and that being on Liberty Pass means that my modem won't even establish a connection sometimes.

This sounded wonky to me, but according to her she knew all there is to know about everything in the company and that I shouldn't expect to be able to connect and use the internet at times on the Pass due to me being over my priority data.

More detail is in my other thread about the new issues with Beam 329.

Final Criticism - I emailed exedelistens@viasat.com, posed on the other forums, posted several times in this forum and I have still not seen a single response from any of the moderators here.  Maybe my posts have become nothing more than "noise", but I must admin I am quite disappointed  in the lack of any response at all.  
------------------------------------------------

I am hoping I have no need of posting anything further regarding Easy Care Support as that would mean everything is working as expected.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
I am closing this thread with these final comments.  Tier 1 and Tier 2 support people and one supervisor all will just repeat the same lines of you are over your data, this is normal - even when it has not been for 5 months.

Tier 2 will not escalate, or as I found last night even talk to you if you are over your Priority Data.  Even more surprisingly.  I got better support from the Non-Easy care number than from the Easy Care number, although Tier 1 couldn't do but so much and could only tell me what they are being told.

Where is the escalation for loyal customers past the Tier 2?  Well it seems persistence and calling the right numbers.  Hopefully they will get things fixed this time around.  Documenting of this will be in my other thread now.
Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 127 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Ok so I didn't see the thread we were commenting on about the new issue on beam 329 but this morning around 2 something must have really going on with the beam. Because my modem rebooted itself but almost took 30 mins because it would get to a point where the reboot was complete then it would start all over. I even tried unplugging it to see if that would fix the problem. Then when it finally rebooted I was seeing all the problems I had when I was on the Liberty Plan all over again page timeouts very slow speeds and this was during the LNFZ. This morning something still seems to be off with it.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Mine did the same thing.  I was working on my wife's notebook which experienced the infamous Start Menu Not Working and needed Internet to download a few things and, of course, it was not playing nice at that time.

Around 2:45 AM to 3:00 AM it came up and started working.
Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 127 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
After a reboot here is my speeds this morning and this is with me being out of data

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
If you are on a Classic Plan and have used up Priority Data, those are normal(ish) speeds.  Really it is a lose - lose as far as choices.  Choose to use as much data as you want from 12:00 AM to 5:00 AM (excluding the routing interruptions to service during this time for Beam maintenance) or use the Liberty Pass and get unusable service from 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM, but usable speeds outside of that time.

This sudden change in DAP policy enforcement on Liberty is NOT going over well with everyone I know of using it.

Based on comments I have read however, this is not likely to change.

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Seems the other post may have been removed / deleted?  Not sure what that means.  Did it violate the terms of the forum?   

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Found the other thread:

https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/new-and-different-problems-now-showing-for-me-on-beam-329-a...

It has been closed and archived with the reason given of: tired.

Interesting.  I imagine so are the users that were trying to share their experiences with the service.  It is their forum and I bow to Exede's authority to remove it, however now no one searching the forums will find this thread when searching for 329.  

Seems that this just confirms the suspicions we had regarding the new normal of the Liberty Pass.  It matters not to me any more at this point.  I have wasted too much time trying to get a straight answer from anyone.  I got my answer in a chat and made my changes.  I will gladly, however give advice to anyone else asking it or posting about their Liberty experiences in the future.