Exede down 63841

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
About 10 minutes before the late night zone Exede went down. Modem top two lights solid third blinking slow and nothing on vey bottom light. This is in zip 63841 southeast Missouri
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 169 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of james1979

james1979

• 21 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
My goodness, that happened to me yet again tonight. I have posted about Exede's problem here, but much more so on https://www.wildblueworld.com/forum/forum.php

As related there, I just power off my modem and router and play guitar until I break a string. I broke a plated 0.018 gauge string tonight. I replaced it with a wound 0.018 guitar string for when this presumably happens again.
(Edited)
Photo of Matt W

Matt W

• 20 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Yeah same thing here in northeast Arkansas. It happened last night and tonight to me. Powered off modem last night and nothing but back on when I woke up. Tonight did same thing and got connection.

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3046 Posts
  • 1069 Reply Likes
I believe there was a late night outage. I show no outage right now but if there's still an issue call us at 855-463-9333 
Photo of Waninahi .

Waninahi .

• 37 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
WHAT account info, Exede Lindsey?
Exactly what account info do I send? And ALL my contact info?
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Waninahi, 

To be more specific, please email us your name and your phone number or email that we have on file for your account. Please include a brief explanation of what problems you’re experiencing so we can further assist. Thank you 
Photo of Waninahi .

Waninahi .

• 37 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Sure thing, will do.
Photo of Waninahi .

Waninahi .

• 37 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
3 days, sent all requested info....NO REPLY. Just WOW. "Customer care"?????
:-D Except it ceases to be funny....
Photo of Nancy P

Nancy P

• 121 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I had similar issue. Since Windows updates took a good part of my data usage, I tried to do things during the free time and one night it was very slow and another it was not doing anything. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Photo of Waninahi .

Waninahi .

• 37 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Some of us chose NOT to have Windows 10. I do NOT have Windows 10, and Microsoft offers a small token to those of us who can NO LONGER GET UPDATES because of whatever reason we can't. A small sum to buy another laptop that won't cover the price of a new one? And turn in our old computers? NO THANKS. I am on Windows 7 Professional and will be because that's why I CHOOSE.
My laptop works fine everywhere else, just not here.
My two IT tech guru friends who check my system weekly call me "Antique" because of my CHOSEN laptop, my Windows OS and my cellphone. Those are my choices. It is NOT my choice to have a Made in China modem that rattled when it was taken from its box by the Exede tech. It is NOT my choice to have an overheating modem in my house....well, actually, it is because that's all I have or can afford being on a fixed income.
So, on we go, those of us totally dependent on a satellite server & having only ONE available in this deep-woods, very rural area.
We get what we get.
I give up on my problem, as has Exede, who wants to blame MY computer and anything but the shoddy modem for constantly disconnecting  from the internet and using all data within days.
Too bad, just sad, but what else is there when no one wants to FIX anything but us, and WE CAN'T?
(Edited)
Photo of Waninahi .

Waninahi .

• 37 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
One really must wonder HOW it can be that Exede blames OUR PCs for the problem when things run well UNTIL about midnight, and again around 3pm (CDST). Do our PCs have alarms that go off & force shutdown of internet at JUST 2 times a day?
Since data usage is LOW if we go visit someone and connect to their internet with our laptops, how can it be OUR laptops causing the data usage when we're home on Exede?
When it wasn't like this IN THE BEGINNING for many ( on WildBlue, too) & is NOW, Re: data usage, HOW did our PCs change suddenly into data eating monsters?
What mysteries, yes?
Photo of Waninahi .

Waninahi .

• 37 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
And when our neighbors with 4 to 6 devices running, streaming movies, playing videos & online games, using Wi-Fi, staying connected to Facebook 24/7, with 2 to 4 people on the internet round the clock use HALF the data we who are wired into our modems by cable use, we who have ONE device running for less than 12 hours a day, get NO Windows updates, use the internet only to read and write blogs, maybe, HOW can that be explained?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.