Service trouble

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

inappropriate actions from exede
Photo of Jamie Baudizzon

Jamie Baudizzon

• 30 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jamie Baudizzon

Jamie Baudizzon

• 30 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
so i have been having a TERRIBLE time with exede.  we have never really had acceptable service with constant slowing, to no service at all for periods of time.  in addition, we are constantly being accused of using data when there is no technology in the house, no people in the house and a secure wifi.  a few weeks ago, i started a blog that had a title about unethical behavior on the part of exede.  my problems have only worsened with staff lying to me, and now at least three staff who "are going to call me back right away"  who have never bothered to follow through.  now, to add insult to injury, i go to the blog i started this evening, and it's title has been mysteriously changed to "DATA ISSUES"  apparently, there is not even freedom of speech on exede when they can go in and change the content that i authored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  how tyrannical is this company...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of thorneo

thorneo

• 94 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
That is what they do. I don't like it ether but it is what it is..
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Despite being given bad advice by a disgruntled customer elsewhere to not contact an Exede Moderator with your contact information by sending an email to exedelistens@viasat.com, you will find greater satisfaction by doing so than by continue to call phone support. It's also clear now that customer either did not contact Exede via email or perhaps Exede failed to receive her email regarding data usage complaints.    

The Exede moderators occasionally change titles deemed to be inflammatory or will even entirely delete posts that are deemed to be imflammatory in an effort to void food fights - it's their prerogative top do so and has nothing to do with free speech which has its limits. At the same time they have deleted posts where users have inadvertently exposed private information.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar...

Contacting them via email will allow them to check your modem's status to see if there are any mechanical malfunctions. At the same time they, will provide a very general, categorized breakdown of where your data is being used.

However, the onus for trimming that data usage down if necessary will be on you and many recommendations can be found at:

https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/data-usage-tips

Finally I have my own theory as to why phone support is sub-par, but can't verify it so will refrain, but know for a fact that it is true in my case as an NRTC user.     
(Edited)
Photo of A. Everett Neuman

A. Everett Neuman

• 430 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
There where 2 separate post titled "Data Issues". Your's was the newest, so they re-worded it. At least that is what I think happened.
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Hello Jamie, I responded to a post similar to this earlier this morning. We change the titles around sometimes to make searching easier for customer experiencing similar problems.
Photo of Jamie Baudizzon

Jamie Baudizzon

• 30 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
my original title was approximately, "trouble with unethical practices with excede.  please, kimberly, you changing it to "data issues" is clearly a unilateral attempt to distract others from what you are doing...the two titles have nothing to do with each other
  if that truly is the case, then i request that you change it back to reflect what is actually being discussed in my blog
Photo of Starring Matter

Starring Matter

• 290 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
Jamie, this is not "your" blog, it's GetSatisfaction's blog, being leased by exede.  That being said, there is no "free speech" here, this is a private forum, regulated by GS and Exede, and they are allowed to regulate it as they see fit.  If you want to make a post that no one can edit, then you need to do so on your own server, or, feel free to least one from GetSatisfaction as well.
Photo of .

• 178 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Or you can go to the original Exede/Wildblue forum and post there (Wildblueworld), they never renamed titles that weren't offensive.  There are moderators there too, but they don't seem to pay as much attention to it any more.  Or the unofficial forum on dslreports (still named "Wildblue", Exede is that section), rarely employees are there, but you could voice your opinion without issue (within reason).  A customer should be able to document their experience if they want to, how they want to, IF they are being reasonable about it.  The customer isn't always wrong.
(Edited)
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
I agree barg, which is why we do not edit the caption made with the title. Every customer is entitled to share their opinions and experiences, whether they be negative or positive. The only thing that is changed is the title. If one looks at the caption and comments they will still be able to see what the thread is going to be about.
Photo of Jamie Baudizzon

Jamie Baudizzon

• 30 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
wow, starring matter, kimberly...i wouldn't have expected anything different..  thank you for restating my point about the corruption here so eloquently
(Edited)
Photo of Jamie Baudizzon

Jamie Baudizzon

• 30 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
changed my title again...sigh....there is no free speech on exede
Photo of Jamie Baudizzon

Jamie Baudizzon

• 30 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
at least when i file my complaints with bbb, fcc, and whatever other regulatory agencies i can find, i will have free speech there!  i am so tired of this!
Photo of Jamie Baudizzon

Jamie Baudizzon

• 30 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
actually, there could even be some humor found in this, exede has changed the title of my blog, that was complaining aobut them unilaterally changing the title of blogs!!!!!!!  laugh and cry

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.