excessive billing

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
i paid for 4 months upfront and have not had this service for more than a month and you are trying to debit my account already. if thats how you do business i will get rid of this service
Photo of Bob Foster

Bob Foster

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • pissed off

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1231 Posts
  • 764 Reply Likes
There is an option to pay for the first 4 months upfront? Why? What was the advantages of that?
Photo of Stan N Dorothy

Stan N Dorothy

• 16 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I was on auto pay and had issues so now it is a month to month 1 time pay which is about to end as they want to saddle me with another 24 month contract and I've been with them well over 24 months If I move I can understand installation fee no issue but I'm the customer and should not matter where I reside as far as I'm concerned I've fulfilled the contract...or pay them 350 so I don't have contract....this could be the problem possibly they taking the 4 month prepay as a payment to get out of contract
Photo of Stan N Dorothy

Stan N Dorothy

• 16 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
And might I add I'll be saying buh-bye to viasat....
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1159 Posts
  • 720 Reply Likes
So they wanted to move you to Viasat-2? That would be the only reason for another 24 month contract right?
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 114 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
How do you know if you can get Viasat 2? The only plans offered in my area are "up to 12 Mbps" does that mean Viasat 1?
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1159 Posts
  • 720 Reply Likes
What I am saying is because Stan said they wanted to resign him to another 24 months, that would mean he would have to move from Viasat-1 to Viasat-2 (or from Wildblue Classic I guess). Those are they only scenarios I know that trigger a new 24 month contract.