Connection problems

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
I have called  nearly every month with connection problems, I have even put my computer in the shop, nothing is wrong with it.  I just don't understand how this is happening to me, then they have the nerve to increase my bill when I can't even get on.... Buyer beware, I will be so glad when Feb 2017 gets here. They say I use all my data way before the month is over. I seriously think I am being scammed. They said I used data when my computer was in the shop. My computer stops for hours at a time and they charge me a fortune. I have called and called, they say it's running fine . Also they want to charge me for someone to come to my home
Photo of Linda Roller

Linda Roller

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • angry at the way they do business

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2820 Posts
  • 1781 Reply Likes
Linda, send an email to the moderators at exedelistens@viasat.com. They will look at your modem with the great tools they have available to them to see if your dish, modem and cable are working properly. Include your account number and a phone number.

Your experience with Exede is certainly not normal, and the moderators can help find the problem and explain it to you.
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hello Linda, I’m sorry to hear about your connectivity issues. As Steve has mentioned, please send us your account and contact info to exedelistens@viasat.com and we can review your daily data consumption by category. Please note: The number of wireless devices on your home network can also be a major role with data usage as well.  
Photo of Linda Roller

Linda Roller

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I spent over an hour talking with a tech.  They said my computer was the problem, I put it in the shop, they said nothing was wrong with it, cost me $50.00 to still have the same problems. They also say I am on Facebook alot.  Not true, maybe once a month, no more.   My neighbors ask me how I like Excede, my reply is  HATE IT, don't waste your money, all they want is your money and you sit with being able to get online.  I am so disgusted, I think it would be worth it to cancel my account.
(Edited)
Photo of Linda Roller

Linda Roller

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No wireless.  No cell phone.  If I have anything wireless I am unaware of it