Equipment was returned but Account charged

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • In Progress
I disconnected my service on 9/17.  I shipped the equipment back on 10/7/19 and it was received on 10/10/19.  This is based on the UPS Tracking # on the label.  

I received a bill today, 10/17/19,  AND MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED $150 on 10/14/19 for Equipment Not Returned!!!  AFTER THE EQUIPMENT WAS RECEIVED!!!

I chatted online with an agent.  He confirmed that my equipment was received.  To sum up the chat, he said he would put in a request for a refund.  And it would take 7-10 days.  He also said should we wait for the refund to process "automatically", it would take 14 days.  He also made comments such as "this is the best we can do", etc. 

In total we chatted for 25 minutes.  Any time there is a problem, it will take a LOT of your time to get it resolved.  And it is ALWAYS not resolved and you will need to continue to follow up.  

This is once again another example of how poor this company is.  People beware - keep track of EVERYTHING.  
Photo of jane

jane

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2449 Posts
  • 481 Reply Likes
Hello JaneFirst, I would like toapologize for the troubles and frustration that you experienced regarding returning your equipment and  refund.  If you need additional assistance, please send an email to viasatlistens@visat.com.  We're here to help.
Photo of jane

jane

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
typo in the email address for viasatlistens 
Photo of Richard Swanson

Richard Swanson

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Maybe someone will  help me   I retuned the equipment , as it was a prepaid shipping label I was given no verification I had done so . Now ViaSat ,with no prior warning charged me $300 for unreturned equipment , I emailed their support ,which was a complete waste of time ,  Can someone help me 
Photo of jane

jane

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Richard, there would have been a tracking number on the shipping label. Unfortunately if you didn’t save that number you can’t track it. However Viasat will have the number. You didn’t mention when you emailed them and how long you’ve been waiting for a response. You can chat with someone online and they should be able to track the package. When I sent my equipment back the same thing happened. Even once they received it, it took them a couple of days to update their records. It could be slower also because of holidays. You could call them but you may get an overseas rep who will be hard to understand. In any case if you call or chat ask them for the tracking number.
(Edited)
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3268 Posts
  • 2105 Reply Likes
Richard, you said you emailed customer support. The best way to get help with this is to send an email to viasatlistens@viasat.com. Be sure to include your customer  number and details about your returning of the equipment. The people that are at this email address are corporate employees and can best look into your equipment return.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 858 Posts
  • 430 Reply Likes
Your unfortunate situation needs to be a lesson for everyone returning equipment. Take a picture of the items inside the box. Seal it up good with lots of tape, only drop it off at a place that will give you a receipt with a tracking number on it and shows the package weight. UPS will always try to blame the customer for any shipping issues.
Photo of Richard Swanson

Richard Swanson

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Jane Thank you very much for your helpful information . We called and and got the problem resolved 
Photo of Richard Swanson

Richard Swanson

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I am not disagreeing with you , I was stupid , but , I called and they determined they had received the equipment . and told me we would get our money back in 7 to 14 days . 
Now how is it that they had what they wanted and did not seem to know it . Their mistake becomes OUR problem  and in the meanwhile they get to have my money for several days , If unintentional .incompetence is hardly a glowing attribute for a company , if intentional ,maybe they would get away with it or it least have my money to use for awhile . , who knows . At least they admitted their error and said we would get our money back . ( which has not happened , yet ) 
Certainly , if I were to do this again , I would be more careful , but then I will never do bussiness with this company again . Overcharging me $300 is an unforgiveable act . 
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 793 Posts
  • 789 Reply Likes
I'm convinced it's nothing more than incompetence on the part of whoever Viasat has outsourced this function to and Viasat's incompetence in failing to hold them accountable. C'mon man you have one job... check in the returns properly. Viasat probably outsources most of its administrative residential internet functions including this, billing, level 1 support, email, fulfillment, etc. 

But then again you originally said $150 and now it's up to $300? $150 would indicate failure to full return 1 of the 2 required items. Regardless, it's been an ongoing issue forever as have been all the other functions mentioned. 
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2470 Posts
  • 1461 Reply Likes
Viasat certainly is not going to make a big investment in processing out ex-customers.

You get what you pay for. Would like to see the room though where all this junk shows up at.
Photo of Briton

Briton

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I am about to send mine back. I've taken pics of the inside of the box, of the tria and modern to show nothing was broken before it was put inside. I'm waiting till Friday to send it back because of the holidays. I also changed my payment method to a card that never has more than $30 on it at once before d/c
Photo of Briton

Briton

• 20 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I am about to send mine back. I've taken pics of the inside of the box, of the tria and modern to show nothing was broken before it was put inside. I'm waiting till Friday to send it back because of the holidays. I also changed my payment method to a card that never has more than $30 on it at once before d/c
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 858 Posts
  • 430 Reply Likes
It does seem these days tasks done by entry level workers get fouled up at a level never seen before. Who knows what causes it, probably a combination of factors. I ordered a load center and circuit breakers from Lowe's recently. It came in 3 separate boxes. All 3 boxes were poorly packed and had damaged items. They were all packed with those airbags, 7 in each box, all of them deflated because of the sharp edges of the items they were packed with.

You would think a company the size of Lowe's would have standard shipping practices and properly trained warehouse workers.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2470 Posts
  • 1461 Reply Likes
The receiving company probably doesn't care because it is recycled junk anyhow.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 858 Posts
  • 430 Reply Likes
How hard is it to count to 3 and then make an entry in a computer?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3563 Posts
  • 1340 Reply Likes
We would have to contact our logistics team. email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com if you haven't already. We're a little drowned in email and an approaching holiday but we'll work with you. If we can find it a refund will be processed. Sometimes it takes a few days for it to do so. 
Photo of gm92066

gm92066

• 138 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
My equipment return box is packed, photographed, weighed, and tracking number recorded. I have NO payment method on file. Will be shipping this week also, can hardly wait to join in the fun, this is a laugh a minute!
Photo of margie simms

margie simms

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hello Jane apperently this is only for employees to respond to you.  May i say good luck and please don't let them tell you anything that you would not believe otherwise.  I do not want to break the community standers all i can say is reach out to conflict resolution team
Photo of gm92066

gm92066

• 138 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
Dropped off my equipment return box today, 12/24. Here is the tracking number 1Z6ER7339021255251 in case anyone wants to follow the progress (hint, hint Viasat???). Oh i forgot they don't really care!

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2471 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
Read of a driver (cant remember if Fed-Ex or UPS was tossing packages in a ditch this week. Good luck!!!
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 859 Posts
  • 430 Reply Likes
The cousin of an ex-employee of mine worked as a temp unloading trucks at a UPS hub. He told us the supervisors encouraged people to kick the small boxes out of the back of the truck instead of bending over, picking them up and walking them out, to save time. Your experience with UPS, FEDEX, or USPS depends on who is managing the distribution center on the shipping and receiving end. 
Photo of joan arquette

joan arquette

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It Will be the 26 th if this month
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2597 Posts
  • 1610 Reply Likes
What will be the 26th of this month? 
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser