Darice Russell

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3077 Posts
  • 1292 Reply Likes
Are you unable to receive the email on your computer or, is this on anther device?
Photo of Darice Russell

Darice Russell

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This computer.  I can send email via my wildblue.net email address, but am not receiving and have not received anything since about 9:00 this morning.  I can send and receive via my gmail email account, so it's not my computer.
Photo of Dewanna Durbin

Dewanna Durbin

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mine went down on both iphone and computer about the same time. 
Photo of Dewanna Durbin

Dewanna Durbin

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://login.wildblue.net/saml/module.php/authSynacor/login.php?AuthState=_337b6a84bf3c755736eab1e7...might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED
Photo of Darice Russell

Darice Russell

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Looks like it's back up.  I sent myself a test email at 2:20p.m. and it was received at 4:17 p.m. on Wildblue.  Sent myself a second test email at 4:17 p.m. (after seeing that the first one was finally received) and Wildblue received the second test email  at 4:17 p.m. also.  YAY!  Thank you to whoever fixed it!
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2259 Posts
  • 429 Reply Likes
Hi Darice, Please accept my apologies. We are experiencing an internal outage that is affecting your email.  Please hang in there.  It should be back up soon. Thanks 
Photo of Dewanna Durbin

Dewanna Durbin

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm having the same problem. Was about to panic thinking my email had been hacked. 
Photo of Cindy Magill

Cindy Magill

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I find this so outrageous in today's day of technology that my email would be inaccessible for HOURS with NO notification to customers.  I have crucial emails to engage in this evening and my stress level just doubled, thanks EXCEDE.  SO pissed off.  Didn't even know they were managing my directv.net email until today. 
Photo of Darice Russell

Darice Russell

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I agree, Cindy.  Excede has multiple ways to contact me:  secondary email, home phone, cell phone which offers voice and texting contact.  And the way I found out that I was not receiving email was to TEXT someone who had (I thought) not responded to a time-sensitive email I had sent.  Why is contact information requested if it's not going to be utilized?  I will guarantee you that if payment on my service was 15 minutes late, I'd have correspondence on every single one of those communication options.  

I understand that outages happen.  What I don't understand is that there was NO FORM of communication from Excede.  
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2270 Posts
  • 1976 Reply Likes
If you are being stressed just because of not have email for a few hours then you are on the wrong kind of internet provider.  Having a satellite that is orbiting 30,000 miles in space provide our internet service, these kind of issues  will happen.  I find it amazing that I can not only receive but I can TRANSMIT information to my own personal satellite.  If you have access to a ground based internet provider then you should switch to that service since you have a crucial need for a solid internet connection 24/7.  Or at least have a ground based email service provider.  I never get pissed off when my satellite connection has a few hiccups because I understand the complexity involved and I understand that Exede does everything they can to keep this whole complex setup working.  Thanks Exede!!
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3077 Posts
  • 1292 Reply Likes
I agree Jim, the fact that we as individuals can transmit to and receive form a satellite in geostationary orbit right from out living room, office, even back yard if we have a WiFi router or, the Wi Fi modem is pretty amazing.

For what's involved in getting my internet and VOIP service, which works beautifully 99% of the time. I'm surprised there aren't more outages than there are.

If you need internet that doesn't drop in a bad storm (and that could be at your home or at your gateway) and that will just transfer to another server if one has issues then, you need Verizon, Cable One, AT&T, ComCast, one of the wired providers with a big name.

Viasat has provided me with good service and few and far between non weather related outages for over 10 years, a few hours of no customer portal and no email (only second time one or the other has been down in ten years that I know of) is not big deal for all that's involved in getting our service to begin with.

And just an FYI, I've found Google's DNS down more that that, not for as long at a time but, more often and, that still isn't very often.)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2270 Posts
  • 1976 Reply Likes
I do have a backup internet service that uses Sprint towers that I just buy a gig of data and it last for as long as I need it. It doesn't expire until I use it up.  Verizon cell internet is also an option for a backup email service.  If these options are available and email is critical, it would be the way to go.  It really upsets me when people start accusing Exede of stealing and lying or not caring about the customers.  This Forum was created by Exede for their customers and they get this kind of abuse from a handful of people and are so calm and professional when dealing with them.  I just read these and scream at some of these posts!  And thanks Bev and the other "Champions" for helping the way you do. 
Photo of Cindy Magill

Cindy Magill

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
A FEW hours?  It's been almost 24.  I have never had "these kinds of issues" EVER with prior email facilitating companies!  I did not CHOOSE excede, it was a deal between direct tv, wildblue, and excede.  My internet service is with Western Broadband who is better than excellent.  NEVER lost reception (and I live in a very rural area that does not even get cell phone reception) like I did with Hughesnet.  It's not the internet connection, Dude, it's Excede having inferior equipment, personnel, or intelligence in transmitting and not allowing access to my email.  I have had my email address for about 20 years and have NEVER been locked out of my access like this.  Color it the way you want, Jim16, excede is terrible.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2270 Posts
  • 1976 Reply Likes
I assume you also wrote this kind of letter to Western Broadband who MADE you choose Derect tv and Exede?
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3077 Posts
  • 1292 Reply Likes
You might also want to set up a mail client, like Thunderbird - it's free and, it can often get your Wildblue/Exede email when the header page is down. My partner and I have had no issues getting our WildBlue email the last 24 hours via Thunderbird. So it isn't the mail server itself, it's just the header page having problems apparently.

Not even that this morning as I am viewing the web based Wild Blue inbox now in another tab.
Photo of Cindy Magill

Cindy Magill

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you, Bev, I appreciate the advice.  I will definitely check it out.  I had contacted Excede and they were the ones who told me they were working on a section of there network and my email would be inaccessible for about 24 hours.  I am optimistic with your experience with Thunderbird.  Thanks again.