Elder Fraud

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • In Progress
I had to upgrade to a new router over a year ago. A tech came to my house and put in a new router.  Since then, I have been billed for both routers.  I didn't notice that until my credit card company changed my number. I called Viasat and spent over an hour on the phone with them (mostly listening to music) and they apologized saying they saw in their system the old inactive router was removed and acknowledged it was their fault. They said they would issue a full refund for the inactive router they were still billing on. They refused to provide any direct contact information if it wasn't resolved. I'm still dealing with overbilling two months later. They told me they are headquartered in Mexico and there is no local office. They provided me the name of the business in Nevada they outsource to and told me to Google their website for more information. There is no website or local phone, which I told them. I'm still being double billed and cannot cancel my service because they are the only provider. Any suggestions?
Photo of Nadine

Nadine

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • angry.

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of M.E.M.

M.E.M.

• 199 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
1. Closeout your credit card and open a replacement card. Tell Viasat that they will get the new cc number after they have fully resolved your issue to YOUR satisfaction. Notify your current cc company of the unauthorized charges and get them involved. See how far back in time they will go. They should issue you a temporary credit and investigate.
2. The Mexico part sounds suspicious. Contact Viasat at their Denver, Colorado headquarters by phone and try to resolve. BTW, Viasat corporate headquarters is in California, not Mexico. You can email Viasat, but a phone call may provide a greater response. See if your cc statement identifies who is being paid.
3. Look for another provider if you are unhappy with Viasat. New options are becoming available.
4. Sue Viasat in small claims court if you do not get your disputed money back.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2472 Posts
  • 1464 Reply Likes
Simply email viasatlistens@viasat.com and include your account number. They will resolve it for you.

Nothing suspicious about the Mexican call center Viasat outsourced support to south of the border months ago.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1104 Posts
  • 523 Reply Likes
Nadine,

As ExSatUser said, email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com.  We'll look into it and work with you for a solution!