Early Termination Fees

• Problem
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Absolutely the worst internet service provider. DOES NOT WORK during "high traffic time"(about 4:00pm-3:00am). I do not want this service, when I called they said I would have to pay off the contract. It isn't that I found a different company with a better offer, it's simply the fact that EXEDE Internet does not work where I live. I'm not asking for anything free, I just can't stand paying a company that can't hold up their end of the deal.
Photo of Patrick Snow

Patrick Snow

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • irritated

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3047 Posts
  • 1069 Reply Likes
Hi Patrick

If you are over your priority data you may see a slowdown of speeds during peak hours below that 1-5mbps that you'd see outside of peak hours. We have all the information on our plans here: www.exede.com/liberty

As far as cancellations go, once signed up with Exede you are on a 24 month agreement with a termination fee of $15/month for each month remaining on the agreement. I can review the point of sales for you if you'd like if you email us at exedelistens@viasat.com
Photo of Patrick Snow

Patrick Snow

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Why should I pay a cancellation fee? I am holding up my side of the contract by paying for a service.  When that service fails to produce, the company just gets the money anyway?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3047 Posts
  • 1069 Reply Likes
Hi Patrick 
Please send all future questions and correspondence to exedelistens@viasat.com. In the rare case that we waive this fee, it will require a review to see if something was done wrong at the point of sale or the service is irreparable but on this public forum we cannot review this for you. We'll have to work with you personally/. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.