Double charged first bill

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Acknowledged
I'm on the $50 plan and got charged the day I started my plan as well as the following day? Is this normal?
Photo of Erica

Erica

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Unsure

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2447 Posts
  • 1495 Reply Likes
Might one have been for the installation fee and the other for the first month of service?  
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 675 Posts
  • 283 Reply Likes
I thought installation fees were $150??? They are where I am at.
Photo of Corey Anderson

Corey Anderson

• 123 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I got Business for $100 install normally $300. So I guess they run promos from time to time. 
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 675 Posts
  • 283 Reply Likes
Business install costs $300, why is that double what they usually charge for residential ones? Last I checked business plans aren't available in my area.
Photo of Corey Anderson

Corey Anderson

• 123 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Not sure but I do know they require a certain depth to be dug before putting the pole in the ground and concrete to be used. Also he did a QA video chat before he could sign off on the job. 
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 625 Posts
  • 581 Reply Likes
Send an email to viasatlistens@viasat.com and include your account and contact information. A moderator (employee) will respond in private and clarify if needed. Only employees can resolve billing issues Don't post any personal information here - it's a public forum accessible to all. No it's not normal, the initial billing includes 1st partial month up until your normal billing data. Might want to check your account poage to see if any explanation occurs there also. 
(Edited)
Photo of Nadine

Nadine

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Good luck with that one.  I am being double billed for two routers after a tech came to my house to upgrade to a new one.  17 months later and I am still being double billed.  I called before and they cancelled the upgraded one, leaving me without Internet.  I had to call back and they promised a refund of all monies overcharged.  They are still haven't and I'm still being overcharged for an inactive, outdated, removed router. 
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3244 Posts
  • 2093 Reply Likes
Nadine, have you  emailed Viasat at viasatlistens@viasat.com they be able to look at your account and see what is going on. Include your account number and a contact phone number. The people at that email address are corporate employees at headquarters.
Photo of Admiral Korbohuta

Admiral Korbohuta

• 323 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
Worthless troll. Go get off to your blue lights.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3549 Posts
  • 1337 Reply Likes
Exactly what Old Labs said. Please email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com and we'll take a look at what's going on.  The first bill does charge within a few days of service. You'll see a partial charge for the days that proceeded and the month that follows. Our billing system is set to charge every 4 days I believe so if you're started between those days you'll have those days tacked onto the first bill. Each following bill will be for the month in advance and should stay the same, charge the same date but if changes are made, promos roll off you'll see a change on your bill.

Again if you email us at viasatlistens@viasat.com we'll be able to look at your bill and work with you directly.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3549 Posts
  • 1337 Reply Likes
by charge I mean our billing has a cycle where a bill only generates on like the 1,4,8,12th ect so if you were installed like on Dec 2 you'll have Dec 2-4 charged then the Dec 4-Jan 4th on the first bill if that makes sense
Photo of boss

boss

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hahahah