Data use seems too high

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
I HAVE HAD THIS SERVICE FOR TWO WEEKS AND BEING CHARGED $345. DOLLARS TO TERMINATE.  SOMETHING FISHY IS GOING ON WITH THE AMOUNT OF DATA USAGE JUST BEING CONNECTED TO MY JOB THEY HAVE ME USING OVER 1.5GB A DAY THIS IS FISHY.  I WAS WITH CLEAR AND DID THE SAMETHING AND ONLY USED 10GB A MONTH.  AND ON TOP OF THAT THEY WANT ME TO RETURN A RECEIVER THAT IS ATTACHED TO THE DISH ON THE ROOF AND WILL CHARGE ME TO SEND SOMEONE TO DISCONNECT IT UNREAL.
Photo of cobysarge

cobysarge

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2242 Posts
  • 424 Reply Likes
Hi cobysarge. I'm saddened to hear you’ve left. I'd be delighted for a chance to
turn this around.  Please send your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com
Photo of RE Johnson

RE Johnson

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Same issue , here I am not paying $345 , I will go to court over that .

Also you should not pay that fee, there are laws protecting consumers when it comes to new products and services , this is to protect against fee schemes etc.

And just because you admit to understanding this bandwith usage policy ,,they get you to say before they give you the free 5 gig ,,,which is BS ,,does not mean squat , as a consumer you are allowed to not be satisfied !!

(Edited)
Photo of JLapaglia

JLapaglia

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have had this service since July, we are NOT HAPPY either, it never seems to work, however, we ARE ALWAYS OVER our DATA USAGE...I do not understand!!!
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
I’m sorry to hear you feel that way, JLapaglia. We certainly want to make sure you can enjoy your services during all times of the day. Please allow us to look into how we can turn this around, I would love to review your account details and check your usage categories to figure out where your data is being consumed. Please send your account and contact info to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you 
(Edited)
Photo of Mike Donahue

Mike Donahue

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I'am having the same problem with being over all the time there is no way I use as much data as they say I'am. I plan on contacting some government agencies and filing complaints against Exede. I have contacted customer service several times and they dont understand how there data is counted either. I plan on leaving Exede as soon as possible.