Does your meter reset when you make a payment, or when your new period begins?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Acknowledged
My debit card expired, so I wasn’t yet charged for January. Did my meter reset on the 4th, or does it reset when I pay my bill?
Photo of Melanie Pike

Melanie Pike

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
It resets at 12am of when your payment is due. So it would of reset at 12am your time on the 4th. But I was chatting with a representative long time ago. Cause I had like $5 or $10 leftover for my bill. I told them if I would be charged as a late fee. They said I would be fine. If it was over $30 then I would be charged $30 everyday if i didn't make no payment then it would build up until I made the payment for the bill and all the late fees added onto it. Therefore turning off my internet until they received the payment in full. (don't quote me with the late fee being $30 everyday. It's been so long since I've had that happened. But I've always made made sure to pay bills and make sure my card is not expired at all. So I won't get no late fees.)
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3082 Posts
  • 1979 Reply Likes
Melanie, your meter would have reset, but if you don't take care of your bill very soon Viasat will suspend your service for lack of payment.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2357 Posts
  • 459 Reply Likes
Melanie,   The data reset is on your bill cycle date.
Photo of VinylHanger

VinylHanger

• 55 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
It resets at due date and then you have like a 9 or 10 days to pay if you forget. No late fees from what I remember, but if you let it be turned off it will be 24 hours until it is back on after you pay.

Or so I've heard...
(Edited)