Does the California public utilities commission oversee Viasat?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
I am owed $ for 3 months $95. My service is now suspended They say I owe $101.44. Customerservice is of no help I need my service restored. And /or my money refunded as promised for 3 mos now. Help me!
Photo of Janet Quesenberry

Janet Quesenberry

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • disrespected - lied to. over and over by customer care Dept

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 470 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
The answer would be a big fat no. The California PUC has no authority over a utility that does not have a physical presence in their state.
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 399 Posts
  • 356 Reply Likes
Viasat's corporate headquarters is in Carlsbad, CA - not sure whether it's considered a utility, however; but the physical presence might fall under something else especially in CA.
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 399 Posts
  • 356 Reply Likes
Send an email along with your account number and contact information to viasatlistens@viasat.com while explaining the issue you're having.

Don't post the information here since it's a public forum. The email will go to the Viasat social media support team that monitors and moderates this community - they are Viasat employees at the corporate level that can check into your customer service issue.
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2834 Posts
  • 1470 Reply Likes
Let’s hope not. Viasat 1 and 2 would burn to a crisp if California had any say so in the matter.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1781 Posts
  • 1032 Reply Likes
No. They wouldn't approve something that would pollute the view of the stars!