Unhappy with the service

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Excede is WAY to EXPENSIVE for such little service and data!!  I get conflicting stories on how long I get the "promotional" data for.  I am told that there is a new "freedom" plan that will be just what I need!  HA!  The thing is, no one at that company can tell me when it will be available!!  How convenient!!!  
Another wonderful thing about this company, is that they are quick to say the will contact you via email and they do.  However, when I tried to email back for help, NOT EVEN SO MUCH AS A PEEP!!!!!!!  I'm sure I will get another email telling me how much they wanna help.  I'm also sure that, just like the last time,  NOTHING will change!!!
Photo of Dawn Core

Dawn Core

• 9 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
  • like I have made a HUGE mistake by signing on with this company!!

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3164 Posts
  • 2038 Reply Likes
Dawn, I don't know which email you have been ending things to, but I know you will get your answers quickly if you email exedelistens@viasat.com, explaining your issues. Include your account number and the best way to contact you, and times if you want them to call you. One of the moderators will help you out.
Photo of Dawn Core

Dawn Core

• 9 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
I've tried that!  I will try again, but really don't expect any resolution.  I hope I am wrong this time!!!
(Edited)
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2404 Posts
  • 475 Reply Likes
Dawn, I would like to assist you with any issue you are experiencing and answer any questions you have.  Please send me your account information to exedelistens@viasat.com.  Exede Diana
Photo of Ramona Tollison

Ramona Tollison

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Good luck Dawn I have been with Exede for over a year and they have yet to call or contact me in any form. I began April of 2014 trying to get answers.  
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Ramona, I don't know who you were trying to contact or what answers you were trying to get but send them a new email at that address with all your information and they will get back to you.
Photo of Exede Beau

Exede Beau

• 380 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
Ramona, I am so sorry you've had an unresolved problem for so long. Please email me at exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information and we will get it taken care of. Please reference your issue in your email.
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
The three mods that are here, Beau, Lindsey, and Diana have been really good about getting back to people and answering there questions and replying back here even saying it was good talking to you glad we were able to get everything worked out.  I started this account to complain because I had called the 800 number for days and was getting no where.  Now I'm fixed and everything been running good. Even made Champion because I stuck around to learn and try to help other sense I am a long time Satellite user.
Photo of Brian Shackelford

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
I would advise NEVER signing a contract unless you truly understand the mechanics of it.  I think too many people are getting overpromised and underdelivered on their Exede service by folks representing Exede that have no clue what they are selling.  In my case I did not have that problem, but some others certainly did.  In a desperate economy a job driven by sales and commissions can cause a lot of folks to lose sight of their moral compass and start doing whatever it takes to close the deal.

I hope that was not the case in this instance, but that being said even a 5 day opt-out would be very nice to see Exede implement.
Photo of James Chrestensen

James Chrestensen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
We haven't even had the service for a month and we were getting problems from day 1. We tried to bundle internet through DirecTV and excede happened to be on the list. DirectTV AND the people we talked to about Excede told us that there wasn't an installation fee. A couple days after, we see a bill online that was $100. Took a few times to call them, but when they finally answered, we thought the problem was resolved. Turns out they only took half the price off. Long story short, we had to fight with Excede for 2 weeks just to get rid of a bill that had no reason to be there.

After all that, we had to buy 2 more GBs of data, just a week shy of the new cycle. That got added to the bill REAL quick. So quick in fact, that nobody recieved any notice or email or anything. They preceded to turn our service off until we could pay the extra 30 dollars. It's a good thing we got that taken care of, because I'm pretty sure we woulda got charged for the month without even being allowed to use it! And the worst part is, we're stuck in a 2 year contract thats going to cost us ~$500 no matter how long we wait for the $15/mo mitigation. I wish I woulda looked into local companies more before, because I just recently found a new ISP thats 10x better. Congrats Excede, you successfully screwed us over.
(Edited)
Photo of Exede Beau

Exede Beau

• 380 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
James, I am very sorry that you have had so many problems. It does sound like things have been resolved now, but should anything else come up I do hope you will give us a chance to assist you. Please send me an email at exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information if you require any assistance.
Photo of Brian Shackelford

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
James -

Something isn't jiving quite right. Additional 2 GB of data should have cost $20.00, not $30.00. Send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com and they may be able to work something out with you. Even with cancellation fees, depending on the cost of the other service, it may be cheaper to cancel than keep Exede for 2 years. Not that I am advocating in one direction or another, but if you can save enough to make cancelling the same or less than Exede over a 2 year period and get better speeds and higher data caps, seems like it may be the way to go.

I hope they work with you to get a resolution you are satisfied with.
Photo of Nancy Bird

Nancy Bird

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I'm a brand new customer and I'm VERY disappointed, and VERY sorry I switched to Exede. This service eats up data so much faster than my previous provider. THe only think I like better is the midnight to 5 am free data zone.
Photo of Exede Beau

Exede Beau

• 380 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
Nancy, I'm disappointed to hear that you are disappointed and would really like to help. Data is data, no matter the provider, the same as a liter of water is a liter no matter what the source. If things seem off, I would like to assist. Please email me at exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information. Please reference your post in your email.
Photo of BRIAN SEELEY

BRIAN SEELEY

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I myself is unhappy and regret switching to exede. I thought going with direct TV and using exede would save me money compared to service provider i was getting. On the phone talking to the representatives sounded and looked like I was going to save money. In all reality it's going to cost me more. I'm in my 3rd month with them and the last 2 months I've had to buy more data, and I even in this last month I changed my plan for more gigs and still had to buy some and probably have to buy more to make it to where the new cycle will start. The way it's going by the end of the year I can pay the early termination fee and save money and get someone cheaper.
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Brian, this is truly not what we like to hear, this is not the experience we want you to have. Exede always strives to provide better service to meet the needs of our customers. If I could assist in any way please send your account and contact info to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.