Gwen

• 320 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
Prolly direct tv i think , not 100% sure but id try them first 
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
I believe either side may initiate - but you need to be a new customer to both services. I'd personally initiate through Viasat - there seems to be fewer misunderstandings regarding Viasat's terms and conditions going that way. But think long and hard about signing up for satellite internet based solely on a $10 savings per month - do your homework on your satellite internet expectations

Disclaimer: Don't take my word for it as Benny Blanco will undoubtedly point out some two years from now: I'm apparently a paid shill and hear banjos frequently. Trust no one.
(Edited)
Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 420 Posts
  • 268 Reply Likes
You have to deal with DirecTV..be aware that DirecTV can bundle you with either HughesNet or ViaSat so make sure you get the one you want.  Also consider this:

You will pay your bill to DirecTV  and will also have to go through them for any technical problems you may have instead of dealing directly with ViaSat...and most folks have found out (like the comment above) that it's not worth the savings you get by bundling your services..

Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Not anymore bama (no longer a wholesaler relationship it appears). Seperate agreements and separate bills I believe (but could be wrong on the latter).

https://www.exede.com/documents/master/exede-disclaimer.pdf

Ordering from DirecTV will give other choices, ordering through Viasat will ensure Viasat. 

(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Don't bundle to bundle though.

Not the reason to get Viasat.
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 213 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Bundles just like extended warrantees, for the most part, are more beneficial to the seller than the buyer in the long run...
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3429 Posts
  • 1284 Reply Likes
We and DirecTV can sell each other's services but it'll be a separate bill. 
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1855 Posts
  • 1151 Reply Likes
Brad, because I know you'll get a notification of this reply, please see the following thread.  It REALLY needs to be addressed.  ASAP. 

https://community.viasat.com/viasat/topics/visat-is-run-by-a-bunch-of-scumbag-lawyers