Dissatisfied internet Service

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Hello, my name is Robin Freeland. I received a response telling me to contact customer service to try to resolve my problem but the response has since been removed. My acct # *****0655, My acct set up by your rep Jeff Molden, phone#317-721-6308. I was told by him that my service would only cost $85 for the first 3 months and $105 every month after that. I have the Siver plan 25 mbp. He had me talk to a customer service rep to get the service set up. I gave them my bank acct info and they came out and installed my service. As I said in my fb post, our service has not been good. I am very disappointed in the whole way this was set up and handled. I had spoke with Jeff several times. He was suppose to come out and check my service himself but never heard from him again. Our internet service is still the same. Still freeze framing when trying to stream videos on you tube and the regular internet. The internet speed seems to be slow. We have had alot of windy storms and bad weather here the past couple of months. It keeps getting slower and slower all the time. I need to get a tech out here to check it at no cost because I don't feel it's been right from the beginning. I hope to here from you with a solution otherwise I will have no option but to notify the BBB as to how lousy this company and service is, and how your company is taking advantage of people who live in rural areas.
Yours truly,
Dissatisfied Customer
Photo of Robin Freeland

Robin Freeland

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1218 Posts
  • 755 Reply Likes
Sounds about right. I take it you are new to satellite internet?

Contacting the BBB will be a waste of time. Email viasatlistens@viasat.com and have them take a look at things. Chances are nothing is wrong, but you never.know.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Ditto on the contacting the BBB being a waste of time. It is not a government agency and wields no power. There are boat loads of complaints about Viasat on their website already, one more will make no difference. I am assuming the person you went through was a 3rd party contractor to order service and not directly with Viasat, that can lead to trouble. As mentioned above contact Viasat directly. Hopefully you just got a bad install, but there are many areas where the service will be poor no matter what. Do note poor weather like heavy rain and high wind will usually cause service issues, no way around that.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1218 Posts
  • 755 Reply Likes
High winds shouldn't, unless the dish was pushed out of alignment a little. But chances are if that happened, it would be completely off and not work at all.
(Edited)
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
I should have been more specific. By high winds I meant winds high enough to make one of those pole mounted dishes rock back and forth or a dish mounted on a thin fascia board shimmy around. I used to live in a place that was like a wind tunnel, cheesy mounted satellites both of the internet and TV variety had issues. Some people don't consider heavy wind action if they aren't blowing at the time when mounting something.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1218 Posts
  • 755 Reply Likes
If the dish is moving in high winds (short of a tornado or hurricane), it wasnt installed properly.