Did anyone else notice an unannounced price increase to their plan?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Received my monthly statement for March. Increase in rate without a notice from corporate. Not very customer oriented.
Also, speeds seem to be slower that past couple of months.
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 831 Posts
  • 500 Reply Likes
I noticed additional sales tax and state tax that increased my bill about $1. That's all.
Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 292 Posts
  • 96 Reply Likes
The sales tax happens one time a year for most places and can be on the county or state level.
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Since I don't receive an itemized bill, I can't compare month to month other than the total. I didn't see a change on my phone statement which one would think would incur the same increases. Thanks for your responses.
Photo of Jim Eoff

Jim Eoff

• 50 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Me too. Glad to be reminded of the likely explanation.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3429 Posts
  • 1284 Reply Likes
Every spring in certain states you'll see the Annual Property Tax Recovery Fee charged to accounts. This is a annual charge that usually varies by location but most end up in the $6 ball park and then the next month you're back to normal. Here's more information on that

https://help.viasat.com/articles/General/What-s-the-Property-Tax-Recovery-Fee
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3429 Posts
  • 1284 Reply Likes
With that said Viasat typically will not raise prices on your service (I haven't seen one outside of EasyCare my entire time with the company but we do offer different plans and promotions roll off). Any time you want to review your bill in detail please go to account.viasat.com and you'll be able to review your ENTIRE billing history
(Edited)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3429 Posts
  • 1284 Reply Likes
Karen if you are having speed concerns please contact us either by phone at 855-463-9333 or email viasatlistens@viasat.com
Photo of roxie kwak

roxie kwak

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes I did went to 40 dollars more
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3420 Posts
  • 1284 Reply Likes
That sounds like the end of a promotion. New activations are given a 3 month promotion. 
Photo of Judi Yonge

Judi Yonge

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've never paid the quote given when signed on never told it wasn't their problem since this is only internet service provider I can get pretty much says it all . Funny how they can get service on the moon but 15miles from towns all around.d me I have only one choice,held hostage by company that can do what they want
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2179 Reply Likes
The ping rate for moon internet would be 2.5 sec.