Data usage problems..

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need for further response.

We have had our service since the end of January 2014.. ever since then we get a data usage alert within a few days that were bout to use our 10 gb. The first month I let it go.. then the same thing happened the 2nd month.. figured it was the kids online.. so the 3rd month I shut down the computer.. unplugged the internet from the computer.. auto updates were off.. only thing we were using was our phones (1 iphone and 1 android) and we still managed to use 7 gbs in 1 day!!! Its ridiculous.. and when you call about it they wont help you.. they are very rude. I had to call 3 times in one day bc the first 2 times I called I got hung up on. And to make matters more interesting, the guy who was in our house to install our interent is now being charged with 2ND DEGREE MURDER!!!! When asked bout this she completely ignored my question and was not willing to help at all!! Luckily we always use a prepaid card to pay the bill so they cant take the money automatically. And their so called free period isnt any good when conveniently the internet is always down from 12-5. If we didnt live so far out in the sticks we would definitely go with another internet service cuz this one sucks!!! 
Photo of Sheyanne Blackburn

Sheyanne Blackburn

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • aggravated and pi**ed off

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of ExedeSherry

ExedeSherry

• 85 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Sheyanne,
We are happy to look into your account and discuss your data usage with you. Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information, and the best time to reach you. Thank you.
Photo of Suzanne Watson

Suzanne Watson

• 27 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Every reply the same......word for word.  Automated email reply?
Photo of Sheyanne Blackburn

Sheyanne Blackburn

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I sent an email.. what did I hear back? absolutely nothing!! And I had to call customer service yesterday bc our interent was out for about 10 hours.. and got  hung up on twice.. third time they didnt even fix the problem.. I had to fix it myself.. so needless to say (but ima say it anwyay) their customer service sucks.. and I think we should get AT LEAST a couple months free internet for them allowing a murderer to work for their company and having access to peoples homes.. 
Photo of ExedeSherry

ExedeSherry

• 85 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Sheyanne,
I can understand why you would be upset that you reached out to us, and didn't get a response back. So sorry for that. When did you send an email? We do respond to all emails within 24 hours, usually sooner. If you would like to send another one, I would be happy to give you a call. Please let me know that you have sent it, so that I can look for it. Thank you.
(Edited)
Photo of Jutta

Jutta

• 62 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Sheyanne, I totally agree with you. The guy who upgraded my service from wildblue to exede had an alcohol breath. When he installed the satellite dish he broke my rain gutters on my garage.
There phone service is very poor and they put you on hold for ever just to let you know they have to transfer you or they hang up....exactly right on.
I am going back to HUGHES as you get what you pay for.
Good luck!
Photo of Suzanne Watson

Suzanne Watson

• 27 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Had Hughes before this mess myself.  Contract expired and wanted to try something new.  HUGE MISTAKE!!!  Never got one notification regarding usage from HUGHES.  Going back to them as soon as these corrupt goons let me out.  I'm quite sure they will welcome us back!
Photo of Martha Norman

Martha Norman

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

me too

Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
I've had wildblue for two years now, and in the last 5-6 months They say that I've hit my limit like 2 weeks into my new month. For the 1st year and a half I always had GBs left at the end of the month. I don't know what they are doing but I know that I'm not doing anything different. My contract is now up and I'll be finding another internet service ASAP! Would not recommend this guys to anybody!!
Photo of Suzanne Watson

Suzanne Watson

• 27 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
USE HUGHES!!!  USE HUGHES!!!  NO DATA USAGE ISSUES!!! AND LESS THAN HALF WHAT WE PAY!!!  USE HUGHES....PLEASE......USE HUGHES!
Photo of LorrieL

LorrieL, Champion

• 647 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes
Re: your praise of Hughes,This is definitely not the case where I live.  After being with hughesnet's old plan for the last 3 yrs, I carefully researched the differences between Hughes and Exede..in order to take advantage of higher speeds I would have to with hughes gen 4 pay $10 more per month for the basic plan than for the hughes basic plan, to get less speed than what Exede offers for their basic plan.  and with hughes gen 4, there is no longer a daily allowance-it is monthly like that of Exede.  And hughesgen4 also doesn't have a late night free zone anymore.  With the basic old hughes plan I had, I had 7.5 gb total per month...for the same price, Exede gives me 10gb per month, the higher speeds down and up, (on the old hughes plan i only was getting a download speed of 1mbs !) Hughes gen4 has higher speeds, but the speeds vary depending on which plan you choose, how much you pay, whereas with EXEDE Classic the speeds are the same for all the plans.  I have only had EXEDE for a few weeks now, but no data usage issues at all. A longtime friend has had exede for yrs and they have never had a data usage problem.  and suzanne, I have to ask, why are you posting on this forum if you have Hughes?  I can't imagine my going now to post on a Hughes forum when I have EXEDE.  I don't feel any urge to go back there and "rescue" the Hughes customers and tell them to come to Exede.  I figure they can seek the same comparison facts I did and make their own decisions.
Photo of Martha Norman

Martha Norman

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

just give excede time I didn't get overages at first but it didn't last long cant wait to get to the end of my contract so I can find something else go over my limit in 2 to 2 1/2 weeks  and I am the only one basically using excede

Photo of Mollie Romine

Mollie Romine

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I am so upset right now that I do not know where to begin, but I would like to at least appeal to those of you who have not signed up for Exede yet, but are looking for an internet provider... PLEASE DO NOT SIGN WITH THIS COMPANY. I HAVE HAD REPEATED problems with this company, to which I received HORRIBLE customer service while trying to resolve those problems. Their data usage limits were NOT outlined to us up front during the install, as I would have NEVER gone with it. Again, I plead... DO NOT sign with EXEDE. I am COUNTING the days until we can cancel with them. Until then, I am vowing to repeat this message ANYWHERE I can!!! Exede... well, just take it from their misspelled name... they certainly won't exceed any of your expectations! I'd rather go back to dial-up than deal with them for one more day!! -mollie romine
Photo of Jutta

Jutta

• 62 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I wouldn't recommend them to anyone either! You get more GB's on your smart phone for a fraction of the price of Exede. Just waiting for the contract to end and I am out of here. High prices for so little. Just by looking at their web layout and web designs shows that they are amateurs.

Photo of LorrieL

LorrieL, Champion

• 647 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes
I disagree...after spending a lot of time online researching different satellite internet companies, and then spending 3 yrs with hughesnet before switching to exede, I think exede does quite well.  Not perfect and I agree the customer service has problems, but overall, I find that exede offers me a lot more for my money than hughes did. 
as for data usage problems I cannot stress enough the importance of doing what you need to to understand how what you do with your computer and any connected devices impacts data usage...I had problems when I first had hughes with using too much data...once I did some online reading and figured out what I was doing to use so much data, I made some changes to settings and some other things and now have no problem at all knowing where the data is going and making the choices I need to to stay within my 10 gb limit.  For example, just having certain devices in your home synchronized with each other can result in data usage happening without your being aware of it, and it adds up.
I wasn't at all aware of all the implications of having a data usage limit when I first had satellite internet, and when i realized I was losing all my allowance in a couple of days, I didn't blame the provider...I realized I needed more info about what I could do about the problem.
I would love to have unlimited data usage but given where I live, this is not an option. So I did my research and picked the best of the satellite internet providers in my area, which turned out to be Exede.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.