Trouble with data usage

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need of further response at current time.

Broadband overusage claims.. For the past 4 months I have been accused of going over my 15 gygabytes within 2 or 3 weeks of the month. I do NOT DOWNLOAD MOVIES, TV SHOWS, MUSIC or large picture files. I never had this problem until recently. I used to be able to use all my devices and now I am down to 1 and even now I am using my phone as a hot spot and have turned off my network router. ( I have changed modems, changed passwords, everything suggested) Just now I went from 6.4 to 4.7 in 4 hours of having the Mac Lap top on, but all i did was read email and read Facebook posts.) There is something obviously very wrong. My neighbor has also had the same complaint. I spoke to a computer engineer and he says there is no way I am using this kind of data with my behavior patterns. I am afraid to turn on my computer for fear of over usage when I really need it!
I HAVE HAD 3 TECHS come and try and resolve it. I have been given credit, but I am so sick of having to explain this problem. YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING or your fixing to lose a whole lot of people out here in this community.
Photo of Dawn Kopman Whidden

Dawn Kopman Whidden

• 30 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
  • FRUSTRATED

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Carissa W.

Carissa W.

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I am going through this same issue. I just started service in December and am told by the very vague usage meter that I am using all 10GB within 3 weeks of the month. No one is streaming video, we only do email and my boyfriend checks online auctions frequently. According to other sites, streaming video uses 350 MB per hour. And that is considered a high use activity. NO ONE is streaming or uploading. I would like to look at detailed usage to see time, etc. of where this data is coming from, but I don't see where that's available. I feel like I'm getting scammed, paying a lot of money for mediocre service and can't even use it the way I would like to. It seems there are enough people complaining about this that it would be worth looking into a FCC or Better Business Bureau complaint.
(Edited)
Photo of Carissa W.

Carissa W.

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Just want to let everyone know I spoke with Josh from Exede yesterday and he offered some information as well as solutions. Knowing that the internet will still work at a usable speed after the limit is reached, without charges, makes me feel better. Also knowing the speed jumps back up during the unmetered period helps. I will download a third party application to monitor usage. Overall I did feel better after having a conversation with Josh and I urge everyone to give him a chance.
Photo of Carissa W.

Carissa W.

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Just want to let everyone know I spoke with Josh from Exede yesterday and he offered some information as well as solutions. Knowing that the internet will still work at a usable speed after the limit is reached, without charges, makes me feel better. Also knowing the speed jumps back up during the unmetered period helps. I will download a third party application to monitor usage. Overall I did feel better after having a conversation with Josh and I urge everyone to give him a chance.
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
I know that when my contract is up I'll be checking into other providers. For the 1st 8 months or so my "usage meter" showed that I was using like a quarter or less of my GBs. 3-4 times out of the last 5 months it shows that I'm using all of it before the month is up. When I do updates or have to download sometime I do it during the "Free time" 12am-5am, my usage during normal times hasn't changed. I can barely afford what I have now, I feel that they are just trying to get more $.
Photo of Rob Watras

Rob Watras

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I would suggest checking to see if your router measures data usage or purchasing one that does. Gives a means of verifying ViaSat info.  Mine has the bells and whistles, a "traffic meter",  that measures up and down loads over day, week, and month periods of time. 
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
I've talked to customer service and even in their records it shows that most of my lost GBs is because of connection lost and it having to reconnect and start up. They had someone out a few days ago he adjusted the dish and ran a new cable but still having the same problems. No offers of any kind have been made from them to somehow refund the extra GBs I've lost or had to buy more because of speed loss.
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
5 days now into my new month and it's showing me that I've already used up half my GBs
Photo of Exede Josh

Exede Josh

• 235 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Tricia, you can email me your telephone number and best time to call to exedelistens@viasat.com, and I can look into your usage issues as well.  
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
I did again!
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Still having problems with connection going off and on, which I know from you is using up my GBs each month.
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
5 days into my new month and it's showing that I've already used up a little over half my GBS
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes

What happen to the 5GB, that was to be added on my account this month?
Photo of Carissa W.

Carissa W.

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
http://exeded.wordpress.com/2013/05/0...
I found this interesting article on the ongoing problems and where they stem from. Also some info on recourse we can take, including class action lawsuit.
Photo of Exede Josh

Exede Josh

• 235 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hi Carissa, while the article is partially correct, it is also full of incorrect details.  First of all ViaSat does not have any software that needs updating, the "looping issue" discussed in the article in fact had nothing to do with information ViaSat was sending, but customer requests that were failing and recycling.  Also the firmware updates that are only very occasionally sent to the modem are not tracked on the meter.  Furthermore, this issue was recognized and resolved last year (note the date of the article).  Now there are still a few instances when technical failure is involved where we see the "looping" occurring.  When I contact somebody where this has been the issue, we do 2 things.  #1 we compensate them for data lost as a result of the technical failure, #2 we work as quickly as possible to resolve whatever technical issues are causing the problem, for example if the quality of signal is the reason, we will perform a service call to repoint the antenna.  Customers have been able to verify our meter's accuracy by using 3rd party meters, router meters, and other tools available with a quick google search.  

Now all that said, if there is an issue with your usage, I will be glad to research it and help.  Just send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your telephone number and the best time to call.
Photo of Kim Wright

Kim Wright

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Does exede ever call anyone back? Or is it that they are so backed up with calls and emails they can't possibly catch up. How can excede be the only ones right in all of this when every  comment on here is nothing but negative?
Sir with all do respect we are not all as dumb as excede may think we are, nor are we living in the dark.

Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
I've been having problems with connection and GBs have been getting used up more or going over, for a few months now. Emailed the service department and was told that the GBs where getting used a lot when my service would shut off and reconnect. Had a service man come out and readjust the dish and run a new cable, just a few days ago. Still having problems with connection going off and on which uses up your GBs. No offers for replacing what extra I had to spend because of bad service connection, and still having.
Photo of Exede Josh

Exede Josh

• 235 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Tricia, send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your telephone number and the best time to call and I will look into your usage and connection issues.  Thanks.
Photo of Jonny

Jonny

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
"Manage your data."

My only option for where I live is satellite. For whatever reason the cable company won't spend the extra free money from the US Dept of Agriculture to expand their 'last mile' to the last remaining road where houses are. I am literally 2 miles away from any cable drop, I live between two cities and the big cable guys on both sides don't care. So satellite it was. Only problem is I like to watch movies on Netflix, a service I PAY FOR. I like to skype with family since my job requires me to work very far from my home state. I still enjoy playing games online with friends. Exceed tells me to manage my data. What?! Why don't you take all the money being poured into this thing called satellite technology and make it better? 

"We would love to be able to offer everybody unlimited internet, but the satellite can not handle that amount of traffic."

My only option is this satellite, which any little rain cloud interrupts my service. After one year, there has been NO improvement to the technology. None. Ever hear of this thing called fiber? Cable knows it has most people in a grip and is slowly adapting the fiber technology thanks to Google.

It is 2014, where are the crazy fast speeds at? I understand satellite would be inherently slower. Signal leaves my dish to the one in space, down to a different dish connected to the telecommunications backbone, then back to me via the space satellite. There is no excuse for not even attempting to be competitive. Invest all that effing money into your satellite technology. MAKE IT BETTER. The complacent company goes under.

I am paying people money. Make my internet better. Don't just be on par with another satellite company or SLIGHTLY better than dial up. This isn't 1995. Invest my hard earned money into your service and people will flock to the technology. I have one year and believe me, I am actively petitioning and lobbying in both cities to get cable out to me and my neighbors. We are all fed up being sold a lie. We deserve fast internet as much as any other Americans.
Photo of Exede Josh

Exede Josh

• 235 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hi Johnny, we are working to improve the technology, preparing to launch our ViaSat-2 satellite in 2016. We have already been using fiber for our land based backbone at the gateways. Because our internet service is satellite based, we are limited to the technology of the satellite until we launch a new one. We are always looking to improve our customer experience.    In addition we also created the first unlimited web browsing and email satellite internet service we launched in 2013.  Our engineers and management are always looking for ways to add value to your service and your suggestions are most definitely taken to heart.  
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
by 2016 i hope this company is history ....
Photo of David Duran

David Duran

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I download files at 2.0 mbps all the time. Even up to 2.5. I have insanely fast speeds. Faster than my mom's cable company. I still cannot believe it sometimes. 

Skyping and Netflix will eat your data up quick and especially since these services pick up that your connection is fast, which cause them to render HD videos and make everything smoother and faster. Netflix isn't exactly up to date with it's movie selection, so why don't you just set the movie or show you want to download at 12am and watch it the next day? It's not hard it just takes time and people don't want to do it. They want everything handed to them.
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes

I'm sick and tired of this company, I've tried everything that they suggested but still in 10 days or less my GBS are used up or close. It use to be that I hardly used half of what I paid for now it's like they want more money, that I don't have. I really believe they are doing nothing more then ripping people off. Was told because of me problems with their loss connection that they would gave me 5GB more this month, but that hasn't happen either. What are we to think but that they are just going to lie to us about everything.
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
the thing is I haven't been online, as much either, maybe half to 3/4 of the time.
Photo of Exede Josh

Exede Josh

• 235 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Tricia, that is my error.  I've corrected it.
Photo of Kim Wright

Kim Wright

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the exact same problem. My usage is up 2 weeks before the end of the month; this month I bought one gig more and it was gone in 2 days. Why is this happening? I need the internet for my online schooling. I use to be able to do it without any interruptions but now I can't even get past the first post and a few presentations with it. We have only 2 devices running on it; outside of schooling the only things we do are facebook, web browsing, and reading the news paper. We never, never, never down load movies or download large files from the internet. Why is this happening to so many people in different areas of the nation? I pay more now then ever and don't get close to what I got before it switched from wildblue to exceed. I can't stay up from 12 am to 6 am just to get free time because I also need to work all day. Please fix the problem!
Photo of Exede Josh

Exede Josh

• 235 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Kim, we can certainly look into any usage issues you may have.  The big culprit I've noticed is that about 2 months ago, facebook started automatically playing loading and playing videos in your newsfeed.  Depending on what browser you use, there is a way to stop those videos from playing.  If you can email exedelistens@viasat.com, I will be happy to go over your usage information with you and offer some tools to help manage your usage.  Thanks.  

Dawn Kopman Whidden

• 30 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
This it the worst service ever. Here is a fact.... I downloaded one movie yesterday and it was 3.2 G's.. My service went from 9.2 to 3.1 right afterwards. I am telling you people for the last time their measurements are inaccurate. I cannot wait till my contract is over.. In order to lower my usage I just use my cell phone as a personal connection. I get 10 g's for a lot less money and it works even better. My wireless function keeps looking for a connection!!! It goes in and out.  The service SUCKS.. Please don't ask me to email or call you personally. I get it through DISH and I am tired of the bull crap answers you give.
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi Dawn,
Sorry to hear you feel that way about the service. If you need assistance troubleshooting or discussing your data usage, I will be happy to help. If you do not want to send an email or give us a call, Let us know how we can get in contact with you to resolve your issue.I would really like to help you. Sincerely, ExedeCrystal.

Dawn Kopman Whidden

• 30 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
JUST SHOW ME ONE PERSON WHO HAS WRITTEN IN SAYING THEIR PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED SATISFACTORY.

Dawn Kopman Whidden

• 30 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I have spoken to several people including calling the VIACOM main offices. I have been given credit after credit and extra G's for the problem by DISH. That's fine and all well and good but the fact is it is a pain to continue to have to fight every month. CABLE AND TELEPHONE COMPANIES do not have a broadband issue like with your company..... As soon as ATT comes in with uverse I am done. I never had this problem when it was WILD BLUE.... my usage has lessened not increased and I am always worrying about reaching my limit.. SORRY.. I don't think anything will satisfy me unless you give me unlimited data usage for life.

Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Dawn,
At this time we do not offer an unlimited service package.We have other options for our Exede customers. If you would like to discuss this further, please let me know. Thanks, ExedeCrystal.

Dawn Kopman Whidden

• 30 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Crystal I know this is not your problem and you and the others are desperately trying to appease us all but the fact is that your product is no longer a viable option. You can blame it on the cloud or FACEBOOK or anything else. We are unable to use out internet with your service.. It is about time you restructured your broadband usage program. If Facebook does something else that eats up our usage or any other program does that mean it will be our problem if our 15 G
s is used up in 2 days? Obviously you need to restructure or you will lose your customers by the thousands. We are just a small showing . I know plenty who have the same problem that do not complain because they don't know how or are just waiting for the other options to appear. Because ATT gave me 10 G's now for 40 dollars less then I was paying for 4 I can pretty much use that as a service. Soon as I can I will lower my data usage plan..
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Dawn,
If there is anything at all I can help you with, please let me know.
Sincerely, ExedeCrystal.
Photo of Kim Wright

Kim Wright

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I see Exede say the very same thing to each and every person but the negative comments keep coming, why is that? We all can't be wrong. We have done everything in small and large print, and still to no avail. The downloader you offer, in my opinion, is useless. Most files I need to open are ones that can't be drug into it and opened the next day, for example, email. Why can't we have what we pay for? It's not right nor is it fare.
You employees are being lied to as well, you get the crap job having to cover up for the CEO who know its a get rich quick scam. If I were you I'd get a less stressful job where people actually like it when they talk to you life is too short to be miserable day in and day out just to pay the bills.
Please take all of our negative comments and empty bank account information back to your leader (boxes of them I'm sure) and dump it on his or her desk, don't ask, tell them to do something. Sounds like law suits are coming their way and it just might put exede out of business after they have to pay lawyer fees and all of their ripped off customers back.

Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Kim,
The majority of our hundreds of thousands of customers are satisfied with their service.We are reaching out to the customers that contact us who are experiencing issues and we are doing what we can to resolve the issues. We take the negative feedback and turn it into a positive oppurtnity. And by the way I love my job and I enjoy what I do. If you need assistance, I will be more than happy to address any concerns you may have. Please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com. Have a nice day. Sincerely, ExedeCrystal.
Photo of Bleecker Mel

Bleecker Mel

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Crystal do you use this lousy service or are you on cable dsl or some other FAST internet access while we're all paying for SLOW LOUSY internet??
(Edited)
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
lol...they don't even know what fast is, it's certainly not in their vocabulary! 12Mbits is only valid for a large single file and ohhh we should not download large single files haha surf speed is not better than a close proximity dial up! ok maybe a bit better... counting down the month...cya
Photo of Bleecker Mel

Bleecker Mel

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

and Don't even try to Upload a photo even if it's only kb's!!

I'll bet the Techs on here DO NOT USE Their own SLOOOOW internet service..

Did you notice they usually respond ASAP but my remarks are not commented on.. maybe they used up their data allowance LOL...

Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
i got a couple comments removed, nothing serious. i almost can set the clock for when i get my 70% warning email...loooooool . even i changed habbits and phones are not on wifi anymore it's still the same. we should get together and bring them down, for good!

Photo of ExedeJack

ExedeJack

• 53 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I understand your concern Mary Ellen.. keep in mind this service is not for businesses and because of the amount of employees we have, our service would not be a right fit for that type of situation.  Also, our service is not intended for people who live in a city due to the amount of terestrial providers available.  If you would like to discuss your specific situation I would be more than happy to.  We have two ways you can accomplish this.  1.  You can call us at 1866-945-3258 or 2.  You can send us an e-mail to exedelistens@viasat.com.  If you go with option 2 please provide your contact information and the best time to call.  Have a great day.  ExedeJack
(Edited)
Photo of Bleecker Mel

Bleecker Mel

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

LOL Thanks for letting us all know that YOU DON"T USE YOUR SERVICE! and as usual contradicting the facts: I just googled "exede for business" and Pages of Promotions are advertised here's a clip and paste of a couple! 

More lies???

Exede Satellite Internet brings you a super fast internet connection with download ... EXEDE INTERNET FOR RURAL RESIDENTIAL AND SMALL BUSINESS.

AND This

How High Speed Internet Communication Enhances Business Relationships

June 8th, 2012

High Speed Internet Helps Business RelationshipsIt seems that high speed internet communication has drastically changed how businesses interact with clients.  The relationship between a business and a client has always been a very important one.  Without clients there would be no business.  As a result, it is very important to keep clients happy.  This means not only having a good and dependable product, but also having a price which is acceptable to the consumer.  In fact, this relationship has always been somewhat structured until now and the age of broadband internet.

This is a preview of How High Speed Internet Communication Enhances Business Relationships. Read the full post (520 words, 1 image, estimated 2:05 mins reading time)

This is good you admit to future unknowing customers it does not work for business or home!! IMHO>>>

Jack, I have spent HOURS on the phone to no avail and all I do understand is that Exede/wildblue satellite is the WORST internet connection possible. I look forward to an alternative!

Photo of Bleecker Mel

Bleecker Mel

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Well that's how I got sucked in over 5years ago.. I am a 1 person business and I had to move my office out of my home to an area with DSL and/or cable Because I lost so much business using wildblue!  Timewarner cable and Frontier phone internet do not have the problems I have w/Wildblue! EVER!!

Now I only use wildblue at home and it is the most frustrating than anything else! The 'beam' is always down in my location,(very rural) We can't watch movies, watch videos on facebook, listen to music. We have to unplug reboot refresh so many times its horrible! and  Yes I have tried unsuccessfully for hours w/techs to figure out why it is SOOOO SLOW!

I can not down load documents, upload photos  sorry Jack it's not what the ads make it out to be the public should be aware of the poor service.

IMHO All the complaints on here and the other forum speak volumes for the poor quality service at a higher price than other providers offer. I wish I had a choice I do LOVE going to work where I do Have high speed internet for real..

Photo of ExedeJack

ExedeJack

• 53 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
You are absolutely correct with your comment.  The good thing is that we do allow small business to use our service.  Due to small businesses having about 1-3 employees.  I should have been more specific in stating that it is not for a large business, due to the data caps we currently have in place.  If you would like to discuss your specific situation I would be more than happy to help.  Please send a message to exedelistens@viasat.com.  Please include your first and last name and the best time to call.  ExedeJack
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
How do you stop getting emails from this useless site, every time something is posted? They always give the same answer to everyone anyways. it's bull and a waste of space. I think we just need to look into a law suit like some of you have suggested.
Photo of ExedeJack

ExedeJack

• 53 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I understand you both are upset Kim and Tricia. We do really want to help and that is why we have you contact us. Each persons situation, may seem similar but believe it or not there is always something different. If you would like to have us go over what those differences might be you can either give us a call at 1866-945-3258 or you can send an e-mail to exedelistens@viasat.com. Please include your phone number and the best time to reach you. Have a wonderful day. ExedeJack
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
I've done everything that they say to do to help with loss in GB's, but ONCE AGAIN about half way through the month and my data is used up. I don't do anything now different from when I first got this crappy internet. I use to have half are more of the data left at the end of the month. I would recommend that if you have other options to go with them. This company is a waste of time and a lot of money!
Photo of ExedeJack

ExedeJack

• 53 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
If you would like for me to look over your usage and see what is the culprit.  You can either give us a call at 1866-945-3258 or you can send an e-mail to exedelistens@viasat.com. Please include your phone number and the best time to reach you. Have a wonderful day. ExedeJack
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
I've already been there and done that. I've done what y'all have said to do, and still getting ripped off.
Photo of Kelly

Kelly

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is everyone still having this problem? This is my first month with exede and I am so pleased with the speeds compared to my old ISP but I can't figure out why we are using up so much data compared to when we were with the other company. We have actually reduced how much time we all spend on our laptops, yet every single day we get closer and closer to being throttled...
Photo of ExedeJack

ExedeJack

• 53 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Kelly, Would be more than happy to look into your data to see why it is going higher.  Please either give us a call at 1866-945-3258 or you can send us an e-mail to exedelistens@viasat.com.  Please include your contact information and the best time to reach you.  Thanks again for being part of Viasat and I look forward to speaking to you.  ExedeJack
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
It's don't going to get any better! They will tell you to do this and that but GB's go VERY fast with these guys! I've been with them around a year, I use to have about half of my GB's left ever month, now it don't last half the month.
Photo of Kelly

Kelly

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Wish I would have known this before signing a contract...
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
rule of thumb...you have at least 14 days to get out...use it :-)
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
i think u still may cancel in the first month if you wish, especially if you can proof they lied and tricked u into the contract...good luck

Photo of Kelly

Kelly

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It's been over 14 days or I would. :(
I just noticed the usage problems last week and it had already been 3 weeks. Thanks anyways though!
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
google it ...
Photo of ExedeJack

ExedeJack

• 53 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Kelly or Tricia,  I understand that you are having some concerns with your data cap.  I also understand that you want to make sure that you are getting the most bang for your buck.  I personally would like to help with that.  Please send an e-mail to exedelistens@viasat.com.  And to make sure I can reach you please include your contact information and best time to call.  Before I call I will review your account and see where I can help you and offer suggestions that will help you make the most out of your service.  Also, if you would like we do have an excellent tool available through our website that will help determine if any of the packages would help you get the most out of our service.  Link: http://www.exede.com/internet-packages-pricing/plan-selector.  ExedeJack
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
There you go "Jack", just trying to get more money from people that bought what they could afford. I've already talked to you "service" people 5-6 times, and done what they suggested. Your service is crap!!! I'm not online as much as I was when I first got this "service" even before you started "free" time between 12-5am, but GB's just fly out the window while I'm not there I guess. When I 1st got this service, I would have half or better of my GB's left at the end of the month. Now I can't even get through half the month without being told that I've used up 100% of the GB's. That's crap, I know it and it appears that more and more people are finding out the same thing. When my contract is up I'll be going with something else, I'll go back to dail up if I have too. Half the month are more is like using dail up anyway
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
:-) you go Girl...
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
can't wait till i'm done...2 years of wasted internet thats enuff!
Photo of tricia

tricia

• 34 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
So tired of their lies, and "crap"BS they try to shovel
Photo of Achim Enssle

Achim Enssle

• 65 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
i hear ya...

Photo of ExedeJack

ExedeJack

• 53 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Tricia or Achim, I appreciate that you are having some concerns with your current situation and as stated before I am still here to help.  If you would like further assistance please contact me at exedelistens@viasat.com, include your contact information and the best time to call.  I hope I have the opportunity to assist you.  Exede Jack.

Photo of David Duran

David Duran

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I call B.S. 

Download a bandwidth tracker and change your WiFi password. Find out where it is really going. I do and I stay within my limit every month. It's very hard to do though because you really wouldn't think you use as much as you do, but the truth is most people do. On one of my simple browsing days, I use 0.5GB. On a day where I want to hear Pandora, and maybe watch a music video, download a couple of albums, I use about 1.5GB. Multiply both those numbers by 30 and see what you come up with. I try to use less than a 1GB a day, but sometimes it is impossible because I don't want to wait until 12 to download something. Even using 1GB a day, I would still go over my plan because 30 times 1 is 30 and the plan i have is only 25GB. I really wish they would offer a 30GB or even a 40GB plan, but they don't.

You guys really need to track your data and I highly doubt you are because it is a pain in the a** to do. I hate doing it, but I do it because I do not like buying more GB! I guess it's the price I have to pay because Exede is the only High Speed choice I have and compared to all the other satellite companies, the free zone is what stood out to me the most and I take full advantage of it everyday. I download HD movies all the time, download video games to my Wii U, Xbox 360, download seasons of Shows, download HD music videos, download YouTube videos, update all my iPhones, iPad, Apple TV, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U, You need a download manager as well because I understand that people do not like to stay up late because I do not either, but a download manager will take care of this problem for you. Also make sure all your computers and programs and apps do not have auto update on. My iPhones, and iPad have over the air updates that download by themselves and sometimes the update is almost 1GB, which really pisses me off, but there is not an option to disable this. 

GO ONTO EVERY DEVICE CONNECTED TO YOUR HOME NETWORK AND TURN AUTOMATIC UPDATES OFF!

CONNECT ONLY ONE COMPUTER ALL DAY, AND TRACK YOUR BANDWIDTH USING THIS ONE DEVICE ONLY AND SEE IF WHAT YOU USED ADD'S UP.

CHANGE YOUR WIFI PASSWORD PRIOR TO DOING THIS TEST.

IF IT DOES ADD UP CORRECTLY, THERE IS DEVICES OR OTHER PEOPLE USING YOUR CONNECTION.

Photo of ExedeJack

ExedeJack

• 53 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thank you for putting all these helpful hints on the forum.  Also, I would like to provide a helpful site that will help you use less data when watching things like Netflix or Youtube: http://help.exede.net/articles/General/Tips-for-watching-video-on-Netflix-and-YouTube.  Also, great job on managing your data.  ExedeJack

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.